Map Editor problem need help!

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
zuljaras
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Map Editor problem need help!

Unread postby zuljaras » 15 Feb 2014, 14:44

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with the map editor.

Most of my new objects are grey squares and they crash the editor. I have installed Heroes 4 GOG version, I have extracted all things from the download section in the correct folders and I have placed the equi.aop in the data folder.

However I do not have the megadragon dwelling, or the other objects. Could anyone help me please. and I am using 3.51 version of the mod.

EDIT: I just noticed that in the Structures section in the map editor if I try to scroll down the editor crashes. Well that is another problem.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 15 Feb 2014, 18:01

mega dragon dwelling is made in the cave quest and is not an actual dwelling as such.
All Equi added objects will be listed under 'addons' and 'hidden'.
have you installed equilibris and the modded editor- not just extracted the files?
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

zuljaras
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zuljaras » 15 Feb 2014, 19:10

I have extracted ALL files and then I installed equilibris. I am asking because there are sections called egypt, adventure objects and there is nothing in them. Now I used older equi file and there are hidden and addon sections.

What about the others?

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 15 Feb 2014, 23:54

Egypt? I thought that stuff was introduced in 3.55 To my knowledge, 3.55 is (or at least was) some ALPHA or BETA version - only suitable for testing. So perhaps you are using some 3.55 files along with 3.51 ones.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Feb 2014, 00:02

I believe those objects were available in a version used in a mapmaking contest (3.59?) and were never included in the version we currently use.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

zuljaras
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zuljaras » 16 Feb 2014, 08:00

Ok I get it now. Because with that equi file from the site I was getting those crashes and grey squares. I found the other equi file and now everything is fine. I didn't know that it was for testing purposes only.

Return to “Equilibris”