Install Troubles

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
crackinthekraken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Install Troubles

Unread postby crackinthekraken » 19 Apr 2006, 03:25

I can't seem to get the mod running right. I've downloaded the file you run before installing the mod (to satisfy the checksum) but the file fails to execute properly. Could the file be corrupted?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 19 Apr 2006, 16:41

Compare file length in bytes. You can find it on Downloads page.
Read FAQ page - may help.
Pay attention to the fact that most files are in self-extracting archives. Don't forget to extract them.

If nothing helps - post more detailed information.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 22 Apr 2006, 17:03

Dalai, hi, do you know whether there are install problems with Ubi branded HOMMIV? And, do you know what they changed exactly? Thanks.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 25 Apr 2006, 08:55

gryphonheart wrote:Dalai, hi, do you know whether there are install problems with Ubi branded HOMMIV? And, do you know what they changed exactly? Thanks.
No, I don't.

After all, Ubisoft is alive (unlike 3DO), they are responsible for support of games they release. They earn money for that. B-)

If we start supporting their games, they'll have to fire some support professionals. It's not fair - those people invested a lot of time and money into their education. We just can't let their families starve :)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

FyRe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Win32 Error??

Unread postby FyRe » 31 Jul 2006, 09:11

Maybe you can help me Dalai.
I ran into a Win32 application not found error when attempting to run Equilibris after install. Here are the steps I followed:

1) attempted to download install_equilibris_v3.51.exe and recieved the checksum error.

2) downloaded heroes4_sfx.exe, camp_ed_sfx.exe, equi.aop and updated appropriately

3) re downloaded install_equilibris_v3.51.exe and ran install.

4) recieved Win32 error...Although, the Tournament version works fine??

After recieving the error I attempted to uninstall the Equilibris mod and succeeded. However, when I opened the 3DO file in my registry I noticed that a file named h4mod still existed :|. I attempted to delete the file and I recieved another error telling me that I cannot delete the file because it is being used by another person or program... :disagree: I checked my taskmanager and nothing is showing up that should be using the file. It's not even an executable. On a side note, when first accessing the 3DO file (that still exists because I cannot get rid of this file) the computer will allow me to change the name of the file. However, once I attempt to delete or move it I can no longer make changes to it because it is supposedly in use by another person or program. The entire reason I wanted the file removed was because I wanted to try a clean install of HOMM IV WOW and then attempt the Equilibris mod...

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
:)

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 31 Jul 2006, 14:17

Just wanted to say that I installed Equilibris on the Heroes Complete version without problems

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Win32 Error??

Unread postby Dalai » 31 Jul 2006, 17:51

2 FyRe
Follow the instructions on FAQ page.
Check if file size is right. It is given on Downloads page.
Don't forget to unpack *_sfx.exe files - they are self-extracting archives.
Can't help you more, as I don't really understand what's going on - you find files in registry, TE works fine.... It's all very strange.

FyRe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Resolution

Unread postby FyRe » 31 Jul 2006, 19:23

Thanks Dalai,
After MANUALLY (Aka: deleting or dirty uninstalling :disagree: ) uninstalling everything except my saves and maps, I ran a scan disk and defrag. I then reinstalled HOMM IV, TGS, and WoW. **I was never able to delete the h4mod file.** I believe it was created when I first recieved the checksum error and had to cancel mid installation. However, I cannot prove this. My only hint to back this up is that it wasn't there before I ran the autounpacker for install_equilibris_v3.51.exe, but showed up after I had to early cancel to get the other heroes4_sfx.exe and camp_ed_sfx.exe files. All I can say is to anyone else out there who recieves this error if you are forced to perform a dirty uninstallation be sure you run a scan AND defrag as this will get rid of most fragments remaining after the dirty uninstall.

However, this error seems to be pretty rare as it only occures when install_equilibris_v3.51.exe creates the h4mod file before populating the checksum error dialogue box. Because the h4mod file is not deletable, you are forced to delete everything else manually.

After all of that I ran the auto unpack for heroes4_sfx.exe, camp_ed_sfx.exe, manually moved the equi.aop into the data folder, and ran the install_equilibris_v3.51.exe unpack. Everything is working fine now...both tournament and equilibris versions. B-)
Hopefully no one else has to experience this, but thanks for the quick response Dalai...and as usual, uninstall/reinstall for the win :D...however you are forced to go about it :).

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 01 Aug 2006, 10:04

Dirty uninstall in this particular case will not cause you any troubles.
I'm glad you solved the problem ;)

lghtngfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Hooray!!!!

Unread postby lghtngfan » 12 Jun 2011, 18:23

Ok, this is so long disconnected (timewise) from the original thread, but this was the first discussion I came across that talked about how to install Equilibris when you already have WOW. It worked perfectly, thanks to FyRe's instructions. So FyRe, if you're still around, thank you! I'm finally complete with HOMM4!! :D

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 17 Sep 2011, 09:00

Hi! I have problem with Equilibris mod. I have H4WOW English version. I install the mod and everything is fine. I start the game by the equi icon and I see some of the changes. But when I play equilibris map it gives me an error just when I load it. Another thing is that in the changed campaign editor I don't see any equilibris changes. I copied the equi.aop file in the Data directory and still nothing.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Install Troubles

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 22 Oct 2011, 17:35

crackinthekraken wrote:... I've downloaded the file you run before installing the mod (to satisfy the checksum) ...
Where can I find this file?
The adress for faq on strategy planet is closed . So I can't find it.
Lord Godwinson in BDJ mods for MM 6 and 7

Return to “Equilibris”