Prerequisites for level 4 creature dwellings?

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Prerequisites for level 4 creature dwellings?

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Apr 2006, 20:17

I was playing a game of Heroes with the Academy faction and was tinkering with thoughts of which level 4 dwelling to build this time around. I know that Equilibris changed the cost of the Citadel and Castle which before were ludicrously expensive (7500 gold +wood & ore, each) and made building the titan dwelling quite a hefty task. Yet I notice that castle is no longer a prerequisite for the titan's dwelling, only the citadel (at 3000 gold), while you still need two buildings, totalling at some 7500 gold plus other resources, for the golem dragon dwelling. It seems to me like this gives some advantage to building the titan dwelling in favour of the golem's, if only as a resource saver. So I wonder, is this an oversight, or was there a reason for it?

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 15 Apr 2006, 10:14

I suppose it was made to make titans movr competitive to GD.

I like that the case with University & alchemist shop has been mentioned.

I wonder why Seminary/University building are so expensive. Of course they offer additional skills (4 to choose) but only starting ones and each cost additional 2k gold.
2k is not so bad but the buildings are too gold consuming (~6k) in comparison to their effectiveness.

Additionlly, all blacksmithes (armory, a.shop, r.guild, etc) cost 3k +some resource and IMO they are build only for dwellings not artifacts. Only potions IMHO are the good thing.
Thanks eq. they are more ballanced, but 2k instead 3k wouldn't ruin the game balance.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 18 Apr 2006, 23:21

With seminaries (or is that universities? i always confuse names) and a library it is possible to get your caster to expert in magic school on level 1.

These buildings are potentially huge because they enable you to reach GM magic 1-3 levels earlier (or in my extreme example make it 4!) which may not sound too convincing for first, but if you think about it, that's usually a game-deciding factor. Having GM casters on level 9-10 instead of 12-13... lots of xp and days faster...

Return to “Equilibris”