No change after installing Equilibris

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Cygarniczka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

No change after installing Equilibris

Unread postby Cygarniczka » 02 Jul 2012, 00:55

Hello people of the forum :D I am new here. :)

Here is my case:

I installed Equilibris mod but I see no change in main menu. There are no new maps or campaigns.

I downloaded also Equilibris map, but there seems to be new stuff all around. New creatures, buildings etc.

Did I install the mod correctly? I didn't get any pop-ups during the installation stating something is wrong.

I appreciate you helping me community! :D

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 02 Jul 2012, 11:26

Try to check if you have the changes listed in Equilibris' description.If you do and nothing crashes than it's all right.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Cygarniczka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cygarniczka » 03 Jul 2012, 13:42

It says I should have new campaigns but I don't see any new ones. No new maps. The menu is same as in the old Heroes IV.
What is addon order installation? Maybe I installed addons for Heroes IV in wrong order and now the mod didn't work.
///Edit:
I see some changes though like new spells; hydra health and smoke. Also there's requirement for at least one building that wasn't before. You need third level of guild of sorcerers and hall of death to build the black dragon den. The background where the units for purchases are displayed also changed.
But I still get this feeling the mod didn't install fully.
///Edit2:

I guess the game did install correctly right?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 05 Jul 2012, 12:32

First you install The Gathering Storm addon, then - Winds of War. Then you (optionally, but you'd better do) download and unpack both game and editor exe files, then install Equilibris as any other program. Please read all the dialogs during installation. As a bonus you'll not need your CD or DVD any more to play the game.

3.55 is a testing version. We will not guarantee saves and maps compatibility of this version with future versions. It also has couple specific minor bugs. Use at your own risk.

What exactly do you think your installation lacks?
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Cygarniczka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cygarniczka » 05 Jul 2012, 17:42

There aren't any equilibris campaigns.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 05 Jul 2012, 18:19

It's a balancing patch, not an expansion. I don't think there are any campaigns in it.

Cygarniczka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cygarniczka » 05 Jul 2012, 19:17

Ok. How do I downgrade the mod to the stable version?

btw are there any maps for the mod? I found the maps here http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... genumber=1 but the link expired and I cannot download the maps.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 05 Jul 2012, 22:45

Cygarniczka wrote:Ok. How do I downgrade the mod to the stable version?

btw are there any maps for the mod? I found the maps here http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... genumber=1 but the link expired and I cannot download the maps.
I believe it is easier just to reinstall everything. Equilibris 3.51 I believe is the latest one. You can search the CH database for Equilibris maps and you should find several. Just go to http://www.celestialheavens.com/search2.php and use the drop down version menu.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 06 Jul 2012, 16:24

Cygarniczka wrote:… btw are there any maps for the mod?
There are several dozen player-made maps and campaigns for Equilibris. In addition, if you play the game using Equilibris, all regular maps will be 'Equilibris' maps, even the Campaigns which came with the game and expansions. My version of Equilibris is practically bug free, balances the game and adds some really great things too. Good luck. :tsup:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 06 Aug 2012, 09:12

you can still enter the standard version/WoW version. Just use the shortcut and you'll be playing the original version without Equilibris changes

Return to “Equilibris”