Switching/adding creatures to necromancy menu

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Hellburn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Switching/adding creatures to necromancy menu

Unread postby Hellburn » 27 Mar 2012, 11:52

Topic speaks for itself.

I've made Pure Necropolis Mod.

The problem is now I can ressurect cerberi instead of mummies, imps insted of zombies etc.

How to fix this?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Switching/adding creatures to necromancy menu

Unread postby Dalai » 27 Mar 2012, 16:28

Hellburn wrote:Topic speaks for itself.

The problem is now I can ressurect cerberi instead of mummies, imps insted of zombies etc.

How to fix this?
Even if I were programmer (which I am not) it would not be easy to tell what you missed.

The only thing I can say is that when we toyed with idea of all-necro town we did not change creatures in dwellings (as you did, if I understood your topic right) - we changed dwellings with corresponding creatures.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 22 Apr 2012, 22:27

Hellburn wrote:Topic speaks for itself.

How to fix this?
I also have some stuff from BAD from the time he used to post his guides on modification I will instal the game soon and try to fix it for you :)

BTW can you tell us all the problems you have? Is resurrecting cerberi etc the only problem? Are the problems like

- Devil cast Terror, while Dread Knights can summon Ice deamons. - I don't know how to fix this. Possible solution: Other abilities instead?
- Imp dwelling looks like Zombie dwelling, Cerberi dwelling looks like Mummy dweling etc. - Cannot be fixed.

still present.

If you have the Necromancy and Spell Codes please post them, I have Abilities, Buildings and Creatures codes, if you need some tell me I will post them.

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 26 Apr 2012, 06:03

Hellburn wrote:The problem is now I can ressurect cerberi instead of mummies, imps insted of zombies etc.

How to fix this?
For this problem ... if you know the place where the code for the necromancy menu is, it would be easy to solve. I think that the equilibris team can help you easily on this one because they are the ones that added that menu in the first place and they're the ones that added gargoyles to that menu too, so they basically should know what code you need to search and what to change, add and so on.

I will try to see what I can do about the Devils and Dark Champions, maybe will change "Terror" and "Summon Ice Demon" ability to spellcaster and put random spells to see how it works ... if I can that is ...

There are no other gameplay problems as much as I was able to notice. (indirect problem is undead don't get morale from leadership so we should balance leadership in case we fix the rest : )

I would ask if someone has a good list with the hex codes from every gameplay objects in the game ... to post them so that all that are interested can see it and change the exe file in case they want too. Maybe we can have a new place on the forums special for modding and testing purposes for the equilibris mod where all of us can post our own mods of the mod. I know there already is a modding forum, but it's for all HoMM versions and it's overcrowded with HoMM 5 mods.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 06 Aug 2012, 09:26

@Hellburn. I noticed you'd changed several hero portrait. Is there any where to download just the portraits?

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Sep 2012, 06:59

asked on 2 forums and also tried pm.. still no answer :tired:

Return to “Equilibris”