Any way to turn the game in simultaneus turns???

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Any way to turn the game in simultaneus turns???

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 17 Mar 2006, 01:48

a question to the EquiTeam, is possible to turn the game into simultaneous turns, like AoW???

how hard could be??

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 17 Mar 2006, 01:54

Sorry, but why would you want that? Heroes has always been a TBS, I don't think the engine would allow simultaneous turns. Anyway, the Team should tell us the details maybe...

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 17 Mar 2006, 03:20

I'm not a member of the Equilibris team, but I think something like that would be impossible. Simultaneous turns would most likely require a major overhaul of the game engine. That's a big project even if you have source code, much less some unintelligible disassembly.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 17 Mar 2006, 06:41

I prefer TBS games. BTW you can play AOW as classic TBS rather than simultaneous turns.

GOW

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 17 Mar 2006, 19:55

I agree with Gryphonheart and GOW.
I like TBS and 'heroes' should stay TBS game...

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 17 Mar 2006, 22:46

exactly, AoW have a option to Tbs and simultaneous, but i preffer the simultaneous, and i guess that most of the AoW fans preffer simultaneous, since tbs is pretty long and somewhat boring, also helps a lot in multiplayer, btw im not saying to kill the more conservative tbs, but to put as a option

i think that could be hard, but i dont know..

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 20 Mar 2006, 20:45

Currently, only one player "owns" the whole world map. As he/she finishes the turn, whe world goes to the next player. The world can be transfered, but not syncronised. To change it without source code would be extremely difficult.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

RedRiver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RedRiver » 28 Mar 2006, 12:57

gryphonheart wrote:Sorry, but why would you want that? Heroes has always been a TBS, I don't think the engine would allow simultaneous turns. Anyway, the Team should tell us the details maybe...
Ever tried to play a 6-8 multyplayer? I run out of cigarettes in 2 hours :D

Hello Celestials, I just made up an account. I'm an old HMM fan, I've been playing since Restoration of Erathia and never get tired of it. I came here after discovering Equi's MOD (downloaded last night). Can't hardly wait to finish work and get to play it. Congrats and thx Equip team ;)

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 25 Apr 2006, 18:02

Currently, only one player "owns" the whole world map. As he/she finishes the turn, whe world goes to the next player. The world can be transfered, but not syncronised. To change it without source code would be extremely difficult.
You from EquiTeam right? :) i need same question: why in heroes iv can't be more then 6 towns or players? i love all heroes B-) , equi too, but maybe its be more beautiful if it's be more then 6 players... its be nice. :) ;) :D
Black Dragon...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 25 Apr 2006, 18:18

BDragon wrote:
You from EquiTeam right? :) i need same question: why in heroes iv can't be more then 6 towns or players? i love all heroes B-) , equi too, but maybe its be more beautiful if it's be more then 6 players... its be nice. :) ;) :D
I am not in Equi but I am an programer and I must say: Ouch!
In H1-3&5, neither of towns is connected and neither of theme has an aligment and spell scholl only for theme.
You can easily see the connection betewen towns as there are 3 good and 3 evil that are enemies to its oposite (Life Vs. Death; Order Vs. Chaos; Nature Vs. Might). The connection can also be felt in town taverns where are all friendly heroes to uby while others you can't buy.
And as I told it to you before, they aren't able to make new creatures as the animations must have big framerate.
I wouls also like more towns, but that is imposible unles they get the source code and profesional animators (both need to be payed) :(
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 25 Apr 2006, 19:07

I suppose BDragon was thinking of more players (flags) rather than new town-faction.
Btw. 6 is IMO good number so I don't see necessary to have 8players like in h3.
Moreover it's bound with 6 factions so like in H2 there were also only 6 players able to play.
Finally, as Sauron said, you need source code, as adding players (flags, I still miss yellow) probably requires it if ever possible to do...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 26 Apr 2006, 08:34

Black Ghost wrote:I suppose BDragon was thinking of more players (flags) rather than new town-faction.
Btw. 6 is IMO good number so I don't see necessary to have 8players like in h3.
Moreover it's bound with 6 factions so like in H2 there were also only 6 players able to play.
Finally, as Sauron said, you need source code, as adding players (flags, I still miss yellow) probably requires it if ever possible to do...
7 players would be perfect as you could make an map with all factions and rebels.
And I saw somewehere in editor Gray. Perhaps 3DO wanted to implent it, but decided not to. There is a little chance that we get 7th flag. But very little.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 26 Apr 2006, 11:17

Ok i understand but anyway what be so bad if the game be with 8 players? :|
Black Dragon...

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 26 Apr 2006, 13:50

BDragon wrote:Ok i understand but anyway what be so bad if the game be with 8 players? :|
Did you ever tried to play with another 5 human players? Honestly! :)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 26 Apr 2006, 14:19

Did you ever tried to play with another 5 human players? Honestly!
:yes: i play with 6 players!, And with my friends... :D So what to do?! :devious:
Black Dragon...

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 26 Apr 2006, 14:39

You are the first Grandmaster Patience! :)
Congratulations! :D

How much real time does 1 game-week require?

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 26 Apr 2006, 14:51

Hanging, how much you want to play in one week... :D
You are the first Grandmaster Patience!
Congratulations!
What its mean?
Black Dragon...

Return to “Equilibris”