Artifacts Discusions

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Artifacts Discusions

Unread postby Akul » 09 Mar 2006, 13:48

Post ideas about artifacts you would want to appear in next version of Equilibrius

Here are some of my ideas:
-Relic: Tome of Supreme magic - hero learns all spells of some magic school. Tome dissapears after that.

-Minor: Bloodles Armor: Immunity to vampiric sucking ability
Last edited by Anonymous on 06 May 2006, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

blacktrance
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby blacktrance » 09 Mar 2006, 19:57

Major:
Blade of Chaos: Increases the hero's melee and ranged attack by 10, causes the hero and causes all friendly creatures to do double damage against Order-aligned targets.
Blade of Death: Increases the hero's melee and ranged attack by 10, causes the hero and causes all friendly creatures to do double damage against Life-aligned targets.
Blade of Life: Increases the hero's melee and ranged attack by 10, causes the hero and causes all friendly creatures to do double damage against Life-aligned targets.
Blade of Order: Increases the hero's melee and ranged attack by 10, causes the hero and causes all friendly creatures to do double damage against Chaos-aligned targets.
Blade of Nature: Increases the hero's melee and ranged attack by 10, causes the hero and causes all friendly creatures to do 1.5 damage against Order and Death-aligned targets.
Unnatural Blade: Increases the hero's melee and ranged attack by 10, causes the hero and causes all friendly creatures to do double damage against Nature-aligned targets.
Armor of Nature: Increases the hero's melee and ranged defense by 20, and reduces damage by 25% that is caused by Death or Order magic or aligned creatures/heroes.
Shield of Nature: Reduces damage to friendly creatures caused by Death and Order spells or aligned creatures by 25% and +30% to your creatures melee and ranged defense. It also gives the hero +3 melee and ranged defense.
Helm of Chaos: Decreases the cost of Chaos magic cast by your hero and all of your heroes/creatures by 2, and increases cost of Order magic cast by your opponent by 2.
Helm of Death: Decreases the cost of Death magic cast by your hero and all of your heroes/creatures by 2, and increases cost of Life magic cast by your opponent by 2.
Helm of Life: Decreases the cost of Life magic cast by your hero and all of your heroes/creatures by 2, and increases cost of Death magic cast by your opponent by 2.
Helm of Order: Decreases the cost of Order magic cast by your hero and all of your heroes/creatures by 2, and increases cost of Chaos magic cast by your opponent by 2.
Helm of Nature: Decreases the cost of Nature magic cast by your hero and all of your heroes/creatures by 2, and increases cost of Death and Order magic cast by your opponent by 1.
Unnatural Helm: Decreases the cost of Death and Order magic cast by your hero and all of your heroes/creatures by 1, and increases cost of Nature magic cast by your opponent by 2.

Combination effects:
When Blade of Chaos, Armor of Chaos, Shield of Chaos, and Helm of Chaos are equipped, the morale of all Chaos-aligned heroes and creatures in the hero's army is increased to 10, and they are given Chaos Ward.
When Blade of Death, Armor of Death, Shield of Death, and Helm of Death are equipped, the morale of all Death-aligned heroes and creatures in the hero's army is increased to 10, and they are given Death Ward.
When Blade of Life, Armor of Life, Shield of Life, and Helm of Life are equipped, the morale of all Life-aligned heroes and creatures in the hero's army is increased to 10, and they are given Life Ward.
When Blade of Order, Armor of Order, Shield of Order, and Helm of Order are equipped, the morale of all Order-aligned heroes and creatures in the hero's army is increased to 10, and they are given Order Ward.
When Blade of Nature, Armor of Nature, Shield of Nature, and Helm of Nature are equipped, the morale of all Nature-aligned heroes and creatures in the hero's army is increased to 10, and they are given Nature Ward.
When Unnatural Blade, Unnatural Armor, Unnatural Armor, and Unnatural Helm are equipped, the morale of all Death and Order-aligned heroes and creatures in the hero's army is increased to 5 (unless is it above 5 already), and all damage from Death or Order spells or creatures is reduced by 25%.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 09 Mar 2006, 21:13

@ Sauron:
Tome of Supreme magic - hero learns all spells of some magic school. Tome dissapears after that.
very interesting, but mabye better would be Scroll of Supreme Magic, considering 'disappear' effect
Bloodles Armor: Immunity to vampiric sucking ability
very original, should be such one IMO could also affect "Vampire touch" and "Life Drain' spells...

@blacktrance:
I suppose too many, too simmilar and too not necessary artifacts. I'd prefer to see new artifact with new unusual powers...
Byt appreciate your ideas and wish many other intresting :)

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 09 Mar 2006, 21:39

Uniqe artifacts would be nice. I think we need more boots.

Boots of Warp: [Major/Relic] Gives teleport ability

Boots of Mud: [Major] The hero spawns quicksand everywhere he walks

And there should be more instruments!

Golden Harp: [Major] Casts holy shout every turn

Items for every body part!

Iron Helm: [Item] Gives 5% block ability

Iron Boots: [Item] Increases melee defense by x

And I wanna see more potions.

Essence of the Lamp: [Potion] Increases the power of all Order spells by 30% over one battle.

Essence of the Djinn: [Potion] Increases the power of all Chaos spells by 30% over one battle.

And one more:

Hourglass: [Relic] Any creature struck by the heroes attack loses its next turn.
I'm back!!!

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 09 Mar 2006, 22:05

Boots of Warp: [Major/Relic] Gives teleport ability
interesting, but not overpowered as MAJOR
Boots of Mud: [Major] The hero spawns quicksand everywhere he walks
strange... Spellcasters usually don't move. Fighters doesn't have enough haste (battle mov.) to be useful, instead they'll slow OUR troops
Iron Helm: [Item] Gives 5% block ability
there'll be artifact or art. combination giving minotaur's ability (40% to block)

I'd suggest one potion- Essence of Magic, and mabye affecting both foe and friendly sides-> quite interesting, isn't it?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Mar 2006, 07:00

Mirror shield - gives all friendly creatures immunity to stone gaze and +30% to their defense
Mirror armor - gives the hero immunity to stone gaze and + 10 to defense

Heres and interesting relic(and a funny one too :devil: ):Titanium Jaws - gives the hero swallow whole ability

Petrifying glasses - gives the hero stone gaze ability

How about bringing back legion artifacts?Legs,torso,hands and head that increase the production of level 1/2/3/4 units by 25%/40%/30%/20%.The hero should have nobility,but if he doesnt they act as basic/advanced/expert/master nobility.If the whole set is present it doubles the creature growth or gives GM nobility.

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 10 Mar 2006, 18:35

The "Boots of Mud" may have been weird, but it could add some extra strategy to RPG maps.
I'm back!!!

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 11 Mar 2006, 09:52

Mirror shield - gives all friendly creatures immunity to stone gaze and +30% to their defense
I like it but to much defence imo. Mabye +20%. Hmm mabye could grant "immune to visual attacks" like troglodyte. It'd negate "blind" spell and unicorn's ability as well. But not sure whether "Mirror Shield" would be suitable name than.
Petrifying glasses - gives the hero stone gaze ability
sound's nice, but the effectiveness of Stone gaze is based on the number of medusas, and considering single hero it can be unfortunately a crap. But the idea is absolutely great idea

As for legionist there could be art. increasing Nobility skill for governour but not in 4 pieces, and rather weaker, like +10-20% to the population (B-A..Nobility)

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 21 Mar 2006, 21:29

Brand new artifact:

-activated on adv. map (like adv. spell)
-hmm, minor IMHO
-Necklance? or Miscellaneous
-name: Astral Amulet
-mechanism:
a) bury X mana to heal (or get even additional HP for next battle) 1.5X HP
b) bury X HP to recover (or get for next battle additional spell points) 0.5X mana

It can make the hero flexible in battles with lots of magic or lots of might.

Can also act like both Potion of mana/healing.
The amounts make the artifact always consuming...
(I mean 100x switching HP->mana; mana-> HP will make the total equation minus to HP & mana, like exchanging resources in marketplace)

edited:
P.S. This effect could probably resurrect fallen heroes using their mana :)

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 21 Mar 2006, 22:41

Black Ghost wrote:This effect could probably resurrect fallen heroes using their mana :)
Now, you're talkin'. I didn't find it interesting otherwise...

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 25 Mar 2006, 14:17

Thanks for reply.

1)The aim was the suggestion of an average artifact with rare ability.
(There shouldn't be too much major/relics)

2)Another artifact (inspired by Purse of Penny Pinching):
-lowers by 25% operations in the marketplace (in the town/adv. map menu AND adv.map marketplace-object) by the hero, who possess it (like with PPP).

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 26 Mar 2006, 04:47

How about some artifacts that have negative effects like in hereos 2. If they were picked up they must be equipped unless that spot is already taken up by anotehr artifact. (Of course you woudl ahve to make a building where the hero could get rid the that artifact also somethnig that was put into the pervious heroes game)

- Articles of Taxation = -250 gold per turn
- Traveler's Anchor (name sucks) = reduction of sea travel by 15%
- Broken Wand of Magic = 20% chance of your spells failing and/or 20% chance of opponets spell doing 20% more damage or lasting 20% longer.
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Edit: Disregard the sentence in red.

Unread postby theGryphon » 26 Mar 2006, 05:05

Broken Wand: We don't like probabilistic items, do we Dalai? ;) Honestly, there are too many %'s I think...

Items with negative effects are interesting. It's annoying if you get one, but that's the point :devious:. However, there must be a way to get rid of them. They should be transferable, for instance. Including a adventure map place to leave them is a good idea. They can appear in shipwrecks, pyramids, graveyards, etc.
Last edited by theGryphon on 26 Mar 2006, 19:01, edited 2 times in total.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 26 Mar 2006, 12:47

The idea of 'cursed' artifact is nice but in h4 has no future.

-you can easily throw it to your backpack
-if :up: doesn't work, just give the art. to any unit in the army, split it to 1 and than dismiss the 1 ex. sprite, so on the adv. map will be a treasuer pile

In previous parts only hero could carry artifacts, no units. In h1-2, were no bacpacks so you needed second hero. And before H2 Pol there was no chance to exchange cursed art. between heroes like artifact spellbook.

It was reasonable, and I loved that, even when picking nasty chest with Fisbine of Misfortune :)

Even if Eq.Team could script non-possibility of throwing it to backpack, if the cursed art. will be ex. Wand (weapon) and the hero would have equipped sword, wand. will be automatically thrown into backpack :(

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 26 Mar 2006, 18:58

As Echo_ proposed it, that's the way it should work (am I right Echo_?).
And, my suggestion to make it transferable makes the idea obsolete. So, I'm taking it back :)

It could be implemented this way: The cursed artifacts stick to their place if that spot is empty. They "stick" so that you cannot move them, unless you enter a holy place, or a new adventure place designed for it. Holy places should include the Sanctuary, any Haven town with a Sanctuary, and maybe even the Monk treasure bank.

What do you think?

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 27 Mar 2006, 16:56

Me and my men stormed the pyramid, seeking treasure. The mummies fought us, but we outnumbered them and re-killed them. The treasure was ours! I looted the graves and the mummies and found more treasure than I could ever have hoped for! Then I saw a magical ring one of my friends had found. It was so beautiful, I killed him for it. I put it on my finger. It seemed magical.
Suddenly I felt ill. It must have been the ring! I tried to remove it, but it was stuck!
From that moment, battles were much harder. I was always close to dying, because I couldn't take so much of a beating anymore... -30% HP

Now wouldn't that be cool?
I'm back!!!

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 27 Mar 2006, 19:43

Very much so! See I guess we're getting somewhere :-D

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 27 Mar 2006, 20:49

gryphonheart wrote:As Echo_ proposed it, that's the way it should work (am I right Echo_?).
Yes, correct.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 28 Mar 2006, 00:03

Well making an artifact to "stick" to an equipment slot is either impossible to make, or would take considerable work for the Equilibris programmer. The workaround would be to make scripts on heroes, so every time they take their artifact away, a new one is spawned out of darkness!
Well, I know this isn't as classy, but the other idea is not cost/effective to make IMO :tired:

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 28 Mar 2006, 00:39

Thanks for the reply Crusard! I really do not have any idea how hard it is to implement such new things, I believe I even cannot imagine. But if it works as in my last post, it doesn't matter for me how.
It's a good idea I think, and I don't need it to be classy/fancy...

Return to “Equilibris”