Campaign questions

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 27 Dec 2006, 15:57

Not to create too much euphoria, I have to make a warning: translation of campaigns into English is an unsolved issue. The fate of campaigns in English will depend on it. As of now, there is too much texts for too little translators. :(

If there will be campaigns in English version of Equilibris, they will be in final version. Planned version 3.6 is not planned to be final.

2 HodgePodge
How did I miss reading your reply before now, Dalai?
System of marking posts as new is a bit strange, I often miss some replies too :(

2 m0ck
So, at the moment there are no campaigns etc? The install is purely balancing issues?
Correct. Some new content added too, but not too much.

2 Sauron
1. Will all maps be RPG-ical or tactical? Or will they be mixed?
There will be all sorts of maps.
2. Will we need to finish first campaign to play the second? In other words: Will the campaigns be connected?
One campaign will be locked until you finish all others, all the rest can be played in any order.
3. Is there any mention of Equilibrius in the story? :P
What is it? ;| :D
How many maps all campaigns have? I hope that the answer isn't 10, 2 for every campaign :P
Several per campaign. I don't know exactly, we have a special person for all the story.

2 jeff
It seems most of the H-IV creators are understandably distracted by H-V, hopefully only for a short time.
Only one of our mapmakers played H-V for more than couple hours and actually liked it. The most pessimistic forecast in the team was "It won't be playable until the third patch." Life shows, it was overly optimistic.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 27 Dec 2006, 16:39

Dalai, I can't offer any help with translating, because that's from Russian, presumably? I could, however, lend a helping hand in proof-reading and correcting awkward turns of phrase and such so that the writing of the new campaigns sounds more sophisticated and polished.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 27 Dec 2006, 16:49

Thank you Dalai for your post :-D it really brightened my day. I only wish I could read/write Russian so I could help with translations, but alas, English is my first and only language I know. :S
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 27 Dec 2006, 20:20

2 Metathron
Thanks, proofreading will be needed after translation, but I hoped finding help here would be less of a problem.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 27 Dec 2006, 23:49

Dalai wrote:
2 jeff
It seems most of the H-IV creators are understandably distracted by H-V, hopefully only for a short time.
Only one of our mapmakers played H-V for more than couple hours and actually liked it. The most pessimistic forecast in the team was "It won't be playable until the third patch." Life shows, it was overly optimistic.
I was actually speaking of the community in general and not just the equilibris team. You're correct to warn about too much euphoria, as many of us are eagerly awaiting the next release. Hopefully 3.6 is not being delayed by the campaigns. I would also be willing to smooth rough translations, but unfortunately I speak only English.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Return to “Equilibris”