Player has been eliminated

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Player has been eliminated

Unread postby Metathron » 12 Sep 2009, 16:41

I'm glad that Heroes 4 got rid of the obsessive need to possess a castle or your game would be over in 7 days. However, where I would have liked that to remain in effect, is when there are no heroes left, only armies. The leftover armies go back and forth aimlessly and you have to watch all of their idiotic movements. It drives me up the friggin wall and I wish equilibris, or preferably another player's mod, did away with that, i.e. introduced the 7 day period; or, since heroless armies cannot conquer (=flag) diddly squat anyway, it might make more sense to eliminate them straight away after their last hero falls. Anyone who feels the same?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ettercap » 12 Sep 2009, 16:52

The remnants of a hero's army scour the map attacking neutral armies and heroes. Their not usless, sometimes attacking thieves/scouts forcing them to retreat back to a town.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 12 Sep 2009, 18:17

Ettercap wrote:The remnants of a hero's army scour the map attacking neutral armies and heroes. Their not usless, sometimes attacking thieves/scouts forcing them to retreat back to a town.
Achieving what exactly? They cannot flag dwellings, mines or towns! The only use I can see for them is potentially "picking up" dead friendly heroes and carrying them somewhere to be resurrected, like the sanctuary IIRC, not sure if they could attack a castle, conquer it, and resurrect the hero thus making the town their own. Anyhow, 7 days should be more than enough for that for a human player, and for the AI an infinite amount of days wouldn't be enough and I, for one, don't feel like watching several stacks run circular marathons all over the map.

Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ettercap » 12 Sep 2009, 19:05

You could kill them for the extra experience (if your powerful enough.) ;)

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 12 Sep 2009, 22:14

Yeah, no thanks. They are rarely powerful at all, they just serve to annoy the heck outta me. Your reaction makes me think they either don't bother you, or you haven't really witnessed them in their full "glory" yet.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Player has been eliminated

Unread postby Dalai » 12 Sep 2009, 22:15

Metathron wrote:I'm glad that Heroes 4 got rid of the obsessive need to possess a castle or your game would be over in 7 days. However, where I would have liked that to remain in effect, is when there are no heroes left, only armies. The leftover armies go back and forth aimlessly and you have to watch all of their idiotic movements. It drives me up the friggin wall and I wish equilibris, or preferably another player's mod, did away with that, i.e. introduced the 7 day period; or, since heroless armies cannot conquer (=flag) diddly squat anyway, it might make more sense to eliminate them straight away after their last hero falls. Anyone who feels the same?
Actually, I agree with you. But you should remember that heroless army can hire a hero from tavern of free one from prison. Anyway, a week is long enough to try to do it.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ettercap » 12 Sep 2009, 23:44

It most likely happens when a high level hero passes his large army over to a low level hero, to level up. Then they attack a neutral army, (or get attacked) and get killed in combat.

Return to “Equilibris”