High Scores

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

High Scores

Unread postby Ettercap » 12 Sep 2009, 16:28

Is it possible to have high scores display a players name?. I mean, what's the point of adding your name before playing a scenario if the high score list doesn't even display them?. :|

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 12 Sep 2009, 16:36

You can add your name after you finish a scenario/campaign. Just click where it says Player and erase.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ettercap » 12 Sep 2009, 16:44

Yes, I realise that you can add your name, but it doesn't show them in the high scores list, under 'options-high scores' on the main menu.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 12 Sep 2009, 18:27

I just finished Agraynel's Gathering Storm campaign yesterday, so I went to check. The player's name indeed said Player, even though I vaguely recall entering my name. I loaded the map again (the save was just short of victory) and I typed the name again, and this time, it was memorised. Also, under standard maps, there was a hotseat game I played with a friend about a year ago, and the names we typed were there.

Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ettercap » 12 Sep 2009, 18:59

Well I'm not sure about the expansion packs, as I haven't played them yet (but I have them - H4 Complete). I'm refering to standard Heroes IV.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 12 Sep 2009, 22:11

Ah okay, then I don't know. Might be a glitch for all I know. I'm sure you do, but just to be on the safe side - you do have all the patches installed? (In case you don't, it'll be easier to install both expansions as they update the game)

Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ettercap » 12 Sep 2009, 23:18

Yep, in 'H4 Complete' the game is prepatched, you don't need to patch it. :D
It has the patches for the expansion packs though (it's on DVD.)

SoRHunter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SoRHunter » 14 Sep 2009, 10:45

Prior to the patches, all you could do was watching "Player 1" in the high score lists. After some patch (don't really know which one), you can change that "name" whenever you finish a map/campaign. It will stay saved as long as you don't format your PC. ;)

One thing you might have not noticed: there are different pages to the high score table, one for the campaigns and another for the single maps. I believe there's a button on the left side of the screen for that.

Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ettercap » 14 Sep 2009, 12:34

I've only been playing the single scenarios that come with H4. I haven't finished any campaigns, so the campaign high score tab is ruled out. Once I finish a campaign, I'll write back.

Return to “Equilibris”