Mission Impossible?

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Mission Impossible?

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Apr 2009, 11:43

Last battle from the Time of Prophecy map. Despite appearances, the attacker will win without casualties...if playing well. Thanks Salamandre.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=331
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Mission Impossible?

Unread postby Lepastur » 14 Apr 2009, 11:49

Numbers are so high, I can't believe it. That sorceress has the first turn with Mass Berserk and an artifact to avoid immunities or something like that?
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Geber
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mission Impossible?

Unread postby Geber » 14 Apr 2009, 12:42

Yes, I am curious how you would win that battle.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Mission Impossible?

Unread postby arturchix » 14 Apr 2009, 14:03

I really doubt it's possible to even win this battle normally as player is limited with 4000 spell points and it won't be enough even by a long shot. But it seems this is WoG map and there could be some modifications. How can you blind all 11 except one stacks before they get to you? Extremely bad morale? Err, Mass Berserk? Why don't have a spell Kill All Enemies instantly? :P

There's probably something we don't know - player could have Armor of the Damned which casts mass slow, then in the first turn player casts Expert Forgetfulness to disable shooters but still I don't think it's enough. I want detailed proof of winning strategy! BTW, what are those units of the attacker?

Geber
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mission Impossible?

Unread postby Geber » 14 Apr 2009, 14:20

The units of the attacker are sorceresses (sp). They are a shooting unit that casts random spells on the creature they attack in addition to the shot. In WoG they can later be upgraded at a cost to Enchanters, and Enchanters can be changed into Sorceresses at no cost at Hill Forts.

Also, The Titans are immune to mind magic, and the magic elementals are immune to all magic, so I just do not see how you can win.
Edited on Tue, Apr 14 2009, 10:21 by Geber

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Mission Impossible?

Unread postby Salamandre » 14 Apr 2009, 20:25

I let you guess a lot, now telling the truth. In fact, here you can see ALL the creatures which will be involved in the battle. But they are summoned every turn. First turn, the two hydra + dracolich (500k HP), second turn, the 2 titans stacks, 3rd turn 2 archangels stacks and so on. So you have to kill 2 stacks every turn.

It is a WoG map so , yes, it can be done. If played well. I wonder why nobody mentioned force field. It will not be used in this battle, but at first look it should be an option.

The sorceresses have extremely high stats (if the player played well all the game) but very low HP.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Mission Impossible?

Unread postby Salamandre » 14 Apr 2009, 20:27

Look at terrain configuration, not at numbers. The obstacles are the key.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Mission Impossible?

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Apr 2009, 02:44

Well, the liches shoot, so they should be high on the list of priorities, right? Or the angels, maybe, since they can reach the sorceresses... Hmm... hey, are there morale penalties involved here..?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Mission Impossible?

Unread postby Salamandre » 15 Apr 2009, 09:08

Its only a screen of the day:) The battle in itself is quite complex and impossible to explain. Every turn need specific actions to succed. Try the map and you will enjoy a new game (well, I hope...)

Return to “Screenshots”