The Siege of Horncrest

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

The Siege of Horncrest

Unread postby Angelspit » 21 Jan 2007, 20:02

*** Small Spoiler *** The simulated battles on the adventure maps, such as the siege of Horncrest in C3M5 of the Hammers of Fate, are one of my favorite features of the expansion. I love the fact that, more than ever, the adventure map and the battlefield feel connected.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=248
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 21 Jan 2007, 20:05

Looks sweet! Reminds me that I still haven't really started to play the 3rd campaign.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

The Siege of Horncrest

Unread postby Elvin » 21 Jan 2007, 22:12

One of the things I liked when playing the first mission. A camp that seems cheerful can make a world of difference to the feel of the game. Creative and probably easy to implement.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

The Siege of Horncrest

Unread postby soupnazii » 22 Jan 2007, 00:21

so do you fight each stack seperately or what?

evilp
Boy Scout
Boy Scout

The Siege of Horncrest

Unread postby evilp » 22 Jan 2007, 00:51

PlayObjectAnimation script and AnimSet files

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

The Siege of Horncrest

Unread postby Angelspit » 22 Jan 2007, 00:53

I fought a couple of stacks myself, and after I took out the enemy hero Duncan took care of two or three enemies as well.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 23 Jan 2007, 09:04

I like to finish off all the stacks first, then beat the hero. Usually you take 0 losses during this, and gives you a chance to beef up your dungeon hero for taking the inferno towns and dungeon town. Of course you can let duncan get most of the experience by confronting the hero first and let him get the exp for most of them.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

The Siege of Horncrest

Unread postby Angelspit » 23 Jan 2007, 13:22

I used Duncan to chain troops mostly, since he is so fast. I used Freyda for the final battle, but the Dungeon chick would have been a better option on second thought.

SAITAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Siege of Horncrest

Unread postby SAITAN » 23 Jan 2007, 23:09

S.O.S HELP IN MY MAP EDITOR I CANT GET CREATURES DWELLING,HEROES ECT.PLEASE HELP!

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Jan 2007, 06:15

Might be better putting that in Map Making section, personally I am clueless about the editor :(.

Now on the last map, last campain, I found Isabel very handy in fighting the dwarf. When you start the combat, all her troops get a free bless (never a bad thing). You can get ressurrection (with luck) from one of the 2 haven towns you should have, and upgrading some of your squires to Paladins can make you almost unstoppable. I had about 22+ paladins when I tackled the dwarven town. Isabel had gm war-machines, so the dwarf walls went down resonably quick, and once the walls was down, those paladins just tore through everything. (If you can get deflect missile and cast it on your paladins it helps also). For the shieldguards, make them come to your paladins, not the other way arround. I used the AA's as back up (and to take some of the heat) to ressurect once, and never actually had to use the ressurrect skill. Isabel can really tear it up with the skills the computer gave her. (I did most of the map with her also, to build up her level. Took the other haven town and the garrison with the 10k creatures with her. Really helped make her a killing machine).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Return to “Screenshots”