The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Nov 2006, 23:04

It would be those two things on the left above the sword.Quite weird actually.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Nov 2006, 23:24

I makes perfect sense, it puts the ring on the sword.... or it gets the hose again.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Smoking_Squirrel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby Smoking_Squirrel » 11 Nov 2006, 13:24

I didn't see the original H-5 one (since I refuse to buy the game) but once again, comparison with H3/H4 makes this look pathetic. Where does everything go? Maybe they listened to the fans, but they obviously havn't played much themselves.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 11 Nov 2006, 14:52

Why do you refuse to buy the game?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Nov 2006, 15:39

Smoking_Squirrel wrote:I didn't see the original H-5 one (since I refuse to buy the game) but once again, comparison with H3/H4 makes this look pathetic. Where does everything go? Maybe they listened to the fans, but they obviously havn't played much themselves.
There wasnt one in the original HV.And as for them listening to the fans :rofl:

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 12 Nov 2006, 00:07

"Homm5 is best game in Homm series so far"

Don't even go there. The only kind of person who would say that had obviously never played the previous games. HoMM 5 is okay, but H3 and H4 are exponentially better.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Monastor
Peasant
Peasant

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby Monastor » 12 Nov 2006, 00:14

"homm5 is best game in Homm series so far"

Hmm... I guess that would be pretty hard to achieve for it, considering the fact that it doesn't even belong to HoMM series.
Monastor of the Ice Chambers of Might and Magic

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby soupnazii » 12 Nov 2006, 03:40

well, i guess in some ways it is the best in the series (which it actually is a part of, no matter what you say). graphics-wise, even though those dont really matter, it is deffinetly the best, for example. plus some people just disagree on things. i dont get whay people are always complaining so much: if you dont like the game, dont play it and shut up, you know... at least dont keep repeating how its the worst game ever. you can at least try to see it other people's way. for example, i think heroes 4 was the saddest excuse for a game ever, especially heroes, but i dont complain all day and i dont srgue with someone if they think its the best. same with H5 (i think its ok, but dont care what others think). so why do you people care? if you dont like the game, either go make a new one yourself or just shut up....

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 12 Nov 2006, 03:54

I think with Ubivals emphisis on graphics they would have made a 3d model and actually show the items on the heroes.
Soupnazii maybe you should read your post again cuse to me it sounds like your guilty of what your accussing others of, that being not seeing things from another point of view. The fact that they keep talking about it tells me they care to some degree or another what happens with the game whether they play it or not. Their complain is a way they can bring light to things that are wrong with the game and create a discusion with other, some just take it to far much like you did in your post.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 12 Nov 2006, 09:31

Graphic wise, I think H2 is the best of the series. It had style, as well as the sense to realize that the adventure map is a map with important locations standing out and not some kind of picture of the world.

H5 is probably the best of the series in the skills and abilities department though, and it contends with H4 for best combat system (and with a few extra features and tweaks could easily have been the best). It also has a nice idea for a town building system with the levels, but needs more cutomizeable towns to really stand out here.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby soupnazii » 12 Nov 2006, 17:26

i guess what i meant to say was that some people dont post anything but "this is the worst game ever because of..." about heroes five, and i think that they should either a) give suggestions as to how exactly those problem could be fixed (as opposed to just stating the problem). b) fix the problem themselves (mods). c) try to see the good points in the game. or d) either stop playing the game or just stop typing and complaining about it...

alot like what GC just said.

and about the graphics- i meant that it is obviously the best in the actual graphics, not necessarily the style or stuff like that.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Nov 2006, 17:27

Depends on how you rate graphics. Most ppl seem to think that if it's 3D it's better then 2D even if it looks way crappier.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby soupnazii » 12 Nov 2006, 18:07

well, 3d is more advanced than 2d, whether it looks better or not. and even if it might not look any better, it is definitely a step forward which would have had to have been made eventually. i, for example, disliked the the 2.5D of H4, but it was a step forward, therefore "better". you know what i mean?

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby Cleanpea » 12 Nov 2006, 18:21

There is no forward-there is the right way and the wrong way. Heroes 1&2&3 and also 4, i think, is made more or less the right way. Through a simple ideasmall improvements. H5 is trying to be what was made before, and goes in that case backwards. ALL computer games can be made in 3D. But not all games are made the right way. I think if we see a H6 it, will no longer build on a past other has built, but on H5. And then we will have a game in its own right

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 12 Nov 2006, 18:52

my opinion of h5 kept improving as time went on. at first i looked at this and thought what a piece of crap. but later on, i found: the combat is superb. while i miss hexes, the new combat abilities are really great. too bad AI cant keep up with the improvement in combat. and i hate the adventure map, as i hated h4 adventure map. pseudo-realism and anime dont belong to homm. h2 -style map really looked like a MAP, not a crappy thingy trying to be similar to reality.

anyway. its clear that Nival is combining Homm and Etherlords(made-in-nival). while etherlords was a decent game in its own way, i hate such mutant combos. its homm, not etherlords.

a bit familiar, no? Image

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby Cleanpea » 12 Nov 2006, 23:01

Yeah that is true. Very similar. I play H5 more and more. The patches are really shining up the gameplay. Really. And I like the adventure map. Its so cosy. The paperdoll is ugly, but it's what we got. Perhaps in a later patch...

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby soupnazii » 12 Nov 2006, 23:41

"a bit familiar, no? http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/20 ... een003.jpg"

heroes in AoE II graphics... interesting...

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 13 Nov 2006, 00:15

Ah im sorry i miss understood you.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby soupnazii » 13 Nov 2006, 01:52

no i should have made myself clearer...

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Nov 2006, 04:56

there is definately a similarity there .... a fairly large one!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Screenshots”