The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Nov 2006, 05:40

soupnazii wrote:as far as i remember, both in heroes 3 and in 4 the paper doll was nothing more than a bunch of boxes next to eachother with a picture of a heroe in the background. granted, in 3 and 4 the doll was much bigger and the boxes less cramped but thats because here half the screen is taken up by an actual model of the hero (this might be a point to argue about, but not right now.). also, in the previous games there were many more boxes, but then again there were also many more artifacts (also a point to argue about...). and about the actual picture of the hero- you might think it looks bad, but thats just personal taste.
In HIII and HIV,the portrait was bigger than the boxes,for starters.Then,the boxes were in right places.Here,the boxes dont fit the picture at all,they are just jumbled over some scenery(bad scenery I might add).And remember that in HIV paper doll was small as well since most of the army screen were armies,inventory and the description of the selected unit/hero,so thats no excuse for this sloppyness.
soupnazii wrote: however, i agree that it would be great if they had made different pictures for each class, but maybe we'll get that in a later patch...
Ah,but remember that it takes a month to model each hero,so dont expect that one any time soon :devious:
soupnazii wrote: btw, what do you mean "im not surprised"? do i always agree with ubival or something? or did you mean something else?
No,I meant Im not suprised by what they did.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Nov 2006, 07:50

Though h5 (for me) runs smoother, has a lot less bugs, and seems to be more balanced over all this 'paperdoll' was terrible. I don't know what they were thinking, but would have rather kept the old style then this hodgepodge.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Nov 2006, 07:55

It's not really pretty is it? Rather ugly really and I think they could have done much better
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby Marzhin » 10 Nov 2006, 10:36

Well, I've seen worse. But it could have been so much better...
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby MistWeaver » 10 Nov 2006, 10:42

And more for HIV:

It had 6 towns * 2 types per town * 2 sex = 24 background drawings for paperdoll

Sherpa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby Sherpa » 10 Nov 2006, 11:35

Nice

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 10 Nov 2006, 12:08

It looks like a character from Little Fighter 2....

I think Ubival should spend the next few months playing HoMM 3&4, and then Implement..... Everything that was efficient in 3&4 was turned into a useless 3D model in 5....
"Patching Eternal!"

Doxas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby Doxas » 10 Nov 2006, 12:11

I really like the way they implemented layout on background picture. Best paperdoll so far from all HoMM series!

Good job Nival!

Blueman
Peasant
Peasant

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby Blueman » 10 Nov 2006, 13:19

Am I really dizzy or there are more slots? Until now we had 10 with the spell book, now there are 10 without it.
Edited on Fri, Nov 10 2006, 06:19 by Blueman

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 10 Nov 2006, 13:31

I hate you Nival.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 10 Nov 2006, 13:58

@ Blueman : Actually there IS a new spot, look at the clover artifact on the screenshot : in the previous version it would have been on the shield/left hand spot. Now there is a tenth, "miscellaneous" spot, which is nice I think.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Nov 2006, 14:12

Doxas wrote:I really like the way they implemented layout on background picture. Best paperdoll so far from all HoMM series!

Good job Nival!
:lolu: :lolu:

kingcranium14
Peasant
Peasant

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby kingcranium14 » 10 Nov 2006, 15:04

It looks cool, but do the artifacts actually go in the spots corresponding to the body? And it's a pretty short hero.

enfaire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby enfaire » 10 Nov 2006, 18:48

Only importnat about this paperdoll is 1 more slot for misc item which was needed. All other crap u r talking bout quality of drowings etc is soo stupid that i just cant reply to that.Homm5 is best game in Homm series so far and if u want good graphics and good animations play some other game.Homm was never bout graphic......

kingcranium14
Peasant
Peasant

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby kingcranium14 » 10 Nov 2006, 18:55

I agree completely with you, enfaire.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby soupnazii » 10 Nov 2006, 19:05

@DL

in both 3 and 4 the paper doll took up maybe about a third of the screen, and here it takes up maybe a fifth. so dont say it was this small in 4, because thats no true. in this game, on every screen about 70 percent of it is taken up by SHiny, so that doesnt leave much room for the real stuff. and when i first looked at it, i had no trouble seeing what body part each slot lined up with (although the necklace one maybe shsould have been better placed somehow). and i think we should all listen to enfaire that heroes was never about good graphics, and that for the first game ever in the series to implement SHiny, it not even all that bad....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Nov 2006, 20:53

enfaire wrote:"Only importnat about this paperdoll is 1 more slot for misc item which was needed."

And didn't require them to put a crappy looking drawing in there, and could have easily been done ages ago.

"Homm was never bout graphic..."
Tell that to Ubival.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Nov 2006, 21:00

enfaire wrote:Only importnat about this paperdoll is 1 more slot for misc item which was needed. All other crap u r talking bout quality of drowings etc is soo stupid that i just cant reply to that.Homm5 is best game in Homm series so far and if u want good graphics and good animations play some other game.Homm was never bout graphic......
Id agree with you if you didnt say HV is the best of them all because HV is all about shiney and graphics above all.And while HoMM was never about graphics and shiney(untill HV that is),it was a lot about the style.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

The Patch 1.4 Paper Doll

Unread postby Caradoc » 10 Nov 2006, 22:42

Where do the Rings go?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Nov 2006, 23:04

It would be those two things on the left above the sword.Quite weird actually.

Return to “Screenshots”