Arcane Omniscience

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Jun 2006, 13:15

The second series of pictures about things you won't see every day, here is Arcane Omniscience! Thanks Ryder.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=184
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2006, 13:21

Nice, now show us the spellbook. :D
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jun 2006, 13:34

Yes lets see all the spells in existance.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby Orfinn » 25 Jun 2006, 15:36

Wow! :D

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 25 Jun 2006, 16:10

Nice
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

PappaBrax
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby PappaBrax » 25 Jun 2006, 17:23

Am I the only one extremely impressed with the skill/abilitysystem? Man it rocks.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 25 Jun 2006, 17:48

If you have memeorised the charts and get lucky with what skills you get at level up, sure. But it can also lead to disappointments because of the limits on how many you can take in each group.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby LordErtz » 25 Jun 2006, 18:15

exactly, Ethric. I posted this in the Urgash's Call POTD but since it has to do with this, I'll post it here

HEY!!! I just tried to get arcane omniscience and was on the path perfectly!!! All I needed was erratic mana then I was in! Well...I NEVER got a level up that allowed me to get erratic mana, I even had counterspell already.

I then, just to see if it would ever show up, cheated and gave myself levels up until it would give me no more abilities. IT NEVER SHOWED UP!!!

Anyone have an explanation?

Then I realized that the hero I started with had a 2ndary ability that didn't allow me to get the ultimate :-/

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby Ryder » 25 Jun 2006, 21:53

LordErtz, most of the heroes start with skills that wont let you get the ultimate ability. It's ridiculous.

Sorry, cant do the spellbook as there is 9 pages worth.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby LordErtz » 25 Jun 2006, 22:12

funny thing was, he had a 2ndary sorcery ability that made sure he couldn't get it...everything else was perfect...I think you should be able to replace a 2ndary ability if it allows you to get the ultimate, or even if you want to replace it for another reason (it will still cost you your level up ;)) Just makes sense to me.

gerhardjonesy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby gerhardjonesy » 25 Jun 2006, 23:52

whoever did this cheated to get it, and whats the point in playing this if you cheat

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 26 Jun 2006, 05:46

gerhardjonesy wrote:whoever did this cheated to get it, and whats the point in playing this if you cheat
How do you know he cheated? I can't remember; are there witch trees in the Wizard Campaign?
Ethric wrote: If you have memeorised the charts and get lucky with what skills you get at level up, sure. But it can also lead to disappointments because of the limits on how many you can take in each group.
The only disappointment I've had in going for Ultimates has been getting the right primary skills. I have never failed to get a secondary ability I was aiming for.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby Ryder » 26 Jun 2006, 08:42

I cheated did I gerhard? And how would one come to such a conclusion may I ask? Did I also cheat when I got Howl of Terror or Urgashs Call?

Dont let the fact that I dont know how to cheat stop you with your allegations either. Never cheated in a Heroes game to complete it from Kings Bounty to now. Nob jockey.

hakuryu_86
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby hakuryu_86 » 26 Jun 2006, 09:16

It's not that hard, I got mine at level 26, given some nice skills by the witches hut, with one being graduate :P

It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it, you're probably better off concentrating on one PRIMARY skill first, only taking the next secondary skill when you're left with one or none secondary skills needed. at least that's how I got mine.

Oh, and be sure that you level up the primary skills appropriately, I was stuck for a while wondering why I didn't get any secondary skills when I realised I didn't increase my primary skill level.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby LordErtz » 26 Jun 2006, 16:27

Cold steel rocks...I was doing an extra 30-150 damage per strike.

But Ryder wasn't cheating when he got this. His hero just had the starting ability to get the ultimate. But what does anybody think about my idea about replacing skills? I won't repost it, it's below.

Ertz

Daelius Praal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Arcane Omniscience

Unread postby Daelius Praal » 27 Jun 2006, 02:20

The ability is really stupid because you don't get the Mass spells. I don't know why.

It isn't really worth the effort of getting it and it's a major disadvantage because it requires you to master the weakest skills.

Anyway for the first time in a heroes game, and I've played them all, wizards really suck. I think they are the weakest alignment. :(( I am really disappointed.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Jun 2006, 02:35

Daelius Praal wrote:
Anyway for the first time in a heroes game, and I've played them all, wizards really suck. I think they are the weakest alignment. :(( I am really disappointed.
What about creature artifacts?Those can boost your creatures really big.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 27 Jun 2006, 06:26

Daelius Praal wrote:The ability is really stupid because you don't get the Mass spells. I don't know why.

It isn't really worth the effort of getting it and it's a major disadvantage because it requires you to master the weakest skills.

Because the mass spells are only available as subabilities of the main magic skills. Since you have to take Summoning Magic for Arcane Omniscience, what it essentially gives you is nine extra basic skills, but not their subabilities.

And DL's right (this is weird . . . it's happening more and more often:)). Artificing allows for some nice stack bonuses and make Academy troops ultimately some of the most customizable.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 27 Jun 2006, 09:12

I have a question. In that screenshot, the Ultimate Ability is in the 4th slot. I thought this thing was placed in the 5th slot that has the exclamation point.

How did you get the Ultimate without filling that whole line first?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 27 Jun 2006, 09:20

Consume Artifact isn't a pre-req of any of the pre-reqs for Arcane Omniscense, so there's nothing odd going on.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Screenshots”