Inside the Manual

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Inside the Manual

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jun 2006, 23:57

A screenshot of the new manual's Spells section. Ain't it nice?

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=182
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Inside the Manual

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jun 2006, 01:01

Not bad. Now if only the guys that made the game could do something like this...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Jun 2006, 02:26

surely you jest TT??

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jun 2006, 09:29

Yes,it looks really nice.Why wasnt the original manual like this?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jun 2006, 11:04

stefan.urlus wrote:"surely you jest TT??"
Why would I jest?!
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Inside the Manual

Unread postby Orfinn » 19 Jun 2006, 11:59

Looks great indeed :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jun 2006, 12:05

The manual itself looks even better.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Inside the Manual

Unread postby Campaigner » 19 Jun 2006, 13:07

grrrr reminds me that I shouldn't have picked Master of Ice....

Good work though. A little more space between the "basic", "advanced" and" expert" would be better though. And a little more flashy to

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Inside the Manual

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jun 2006, 13:57

Campaigner wrote:And a little more flashy to
Thats ubis specialty.I bet their manual will be quite flashy.

Minmaster
Peasant
Peasant

Inside the Manual

Unread postby Minmaster » 19 Jun 2006, 14:44

kix arse

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Inside the Manual

Unread postby LordErtz » 19 Jun 2006, 20:30

DaemianLucifer at 2006-06-19 07:57 wrote:

And a little more flashy to

Thats ubis specialty.I bet their manual will be quite flashy.

LMAO...all flashy no functionality ;) GREAT job on the manual, shame when the fans will do something for free that the game makers won't do even when theyre getting paid to do it!

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Inside the Manual

Unread postby soupnazii » 19 Jun 2006, 22:12

even though i think badly of Ubi for not making a decent manual for the game, and i worship you guys that made this one, i still dont think that anybody here appreciates the time and money it takes to come out with a decent manual. first of all, paper costs money. if every copy of the game came with a 150 page+ manual, you can expect the game to cost 5 or 10 dolllars more, which they dont want. so when they do come out with the manual, it would be a free downloadable pdf, and probably still wouldnt come as a booklet with new versions of the game anyway. other than that, it also takes time. if they wanted a full and accurate manual to ship with the original game at release, it would have had to have been released another week or maybe even two. obviously, nobody wanted that since it was originally supposed to be released a month earlier anyway. the only way to have a manual on release would have been to do something like what the guys with the strategy guide did: release a rushed and useless guide with beta-test infomation. of course, the guide could have been released with demo information, but it wasnt because that would have taken time. to print all that stuff takes alot of time and because of that they couldnt have started printing after the demo was out because then they wouldnt have had enough time. i think its better that we have a small replacement manual now with promise of a bigger and better and un-rushed one that they mde in their own pace to be released later, than to have a slightly informative, slightly longer, but terribly rushed manual. if we had that, then there would be no need for Ubi to make a new one because they already did. its like the Save Heroes thing. we could have either had a rushed incomplete manual earlier, or a complete and useful manual with a long delay. Either way, until the real manual comes out we can always just enjoy the great manual the hardworking CH team made for us, and maybe even after the official one is finished.'

edit: i just put it in and noticed how long it is. sorry about that, just said what i had to say.
Edited on Mon, Jun 19 2006, 16:13 by soupnazii

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jun 2006, 23:18

You are so wrong here.Printing of a decent 150 pages manual wont go over $5.And considering that theyd have all the information straight from the developers,writing a manual by a proffesional is only a month long process with all the updating.So I disagree that it would be hard them to make a decent manual.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 20 Jun 2006, 00:01

yes, one month.... either way, they wouldnt print so many manuals when the game is going to get so many changes over the next several months. when the major patches are don, like the map editor and such, they would probably release it. they might even have a manual ready right now, but not releasing it becausethey are planning many changes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Jun 2006, 00:11

BS. Changes can be listed in the patch readme. And I doubt they'll make such huge changes to the game to justify not havng a proper manual.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 20 Jun 2006, 00:16

yes, if the manual is in pdf. if it is printed, then they wouldnt be able to change it with a patch. and major changes would be like the editor. they would probably want a whole section about that, or at least to mention that it is there so new players can have an idea about it.

Return to “Screenshots”