That's What I Call a Treasure

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 28 May 2006, 20:50

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Yeah, but consider the fact that come friday I have two months of vacation maybe more if I don't find a new job :D
I think the real question is, do you want to find a job, or do you want to be sunbathing ;|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 May 2006, 20:59

Paulus1 wrote:I think the real question is, do you want to find a job, or do you want to be sunbathing ;|
Isnt the answer obvious?Shell play heroes

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 28 May 2006, 21:05

Cute..cause it really is obvious:

Heroes untill weather becomes great, then sunbathing, maybe even with computer lined up outside (I love multitasking), then job when the weather gets bad again :D
Great right?
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 28 May 2006, 21:27

I think you chose the wrong months for not working then. June and July are always so crappy :(
On other hand, that gives a lot of time for playing heroes :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 May 2006, 21:28

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Heroes untill weather becomes great, then sunbathing, maybe even with computer lined up outside (I love multitasking), then job when the weather gets bad again :D
Nice plan.Id gladly join you,if you werent so far.With heroes,too :devil:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 May 2006, 04:50

june and july=bad for sunbathing???

damn, well here in sunny Perth, Australia, even in late May (as in a couple of days ago) we had not a cloud in the sky and 27 degrees (80.6 for the fahrenheiters out there)

start climate lesson:

and in summer (dec-feb, although these days it seems to last until about mid-april) it's not uncommon to have 5 or 6 35+ (95+ fahrenheit) degree days, with maybe the occasional 40-42 degree (106 fahrenheit or so) day - wouldn't suggest you sunbathe at these times, might get a smidge burnt regardless of how much sunscreen you use

i think the avg day temp in winter here is like 18.2 degrees (65 fahrenheit) and average night temp in winter is 8.1 degrees (47 fahrenheit)

avg day temp in summer is 31.2 (88 fahrenheit)
avg night temp in summer 18 (65 fahrenheit)

hottest it's been in past 11 years is 44.5 degrees (112 fahrenheit)

end climate lesson

summation, it's pretty hot here, especially compared to our european "neighbours" double especially campared to maybe Milla

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 May 2006, 08:16

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Heroes untill weather becomes great, then sunbathing, maybe even with computer lined up outside (I love multitasking), then job when the weather gets bad again :D
Nice plan.Id gladly join you,if you werent so far.With heroes,too :devil:
Yeah, that would be fun :rolleyes:
Heroes and sunbathing at the same time will be this summer's activity :D

@Stefan: The degrees you're mentioning are far higher than the ones in Denmark atm. The sun is desperately and with changing luck trying to penetrate the heavy cover of clouds that is surrounding our tiny country.
I envy you :canthearu:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 11:25

I dont.Im a witers child.We have pretty nasty weather in hear last few years.Extremly harsh winters(blizzards,and below -10 degrees)and summers hot as hell(30-40 degrees).Damn this climate shifting :disagree:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 May 2006, 06:43

yeah, it's good in some respects, but bad in others, i am originally from holland, moved to australia in '82 so it took some getting used to

the weird bit is comparing the winters .... cause summer in plenty of places get as hot as it does here, but the winter temps are normally way higher then other places

i remember about 2 or 3 years ago, we had a winter where virtually every day was about 21 degrees and not a could in sight .... beautiful blue skies every day, the only problem of course is that lack of water became a bit of an issue, but damn the weather was nice

the only other thing that can be a bit rough is when it is a real awful hot day and it is still about 32 degrees at midnight .... sleeping in that heat is just something else (air-conditioner is a MUST, as opposed to heaters in northern europe :-D)

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 30 May 2006, 07:08

DaemianLucifer wrote:I dont.Im a witers child.We have pretty nasty weather in hear last few years.Extremly harsh winters(blizzards,and below -10 degrees)and summers hot as hell(30-40 degrees).Damn this climate shifting :disagree:
You think below -10 degrees is cold? :disagree:
Denmark can be way colder....unfortunately our summers are not that hot :cry:
- Dragon Age Origins

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 May 2006, 08:23

the coldest I was ever in, was -22 in holland, i was only about 5 at the time, but it was pretty damn cold

nyte_rogue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

That's What I Call a Treasure

Unread postby nyte_rogue » 30 May 2006, 08:31

I live in Fairbanks, Alaska...it usually gets down to -40F to -50F for atleast a little while during the winter although it stays around -20F to -30F most of the winter! It summer now so we're at about 70F and will just get warmer as summer goes on. :) It may not last for long but it's great while it lasts!!!! :)

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 30 May 2006, 08:53

:up: I think people like you and me learn to really appreciate the rediculously low amount of sunshine that appears during summer in the north :D
- Dragon Age Origins

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 May 2006, 15:11

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:You think below -10 degrees is cold? :disagree:
Denmark can be way colder....unfortunately our summers are not that hot :cry:
If your whole winter passes with below zero,and you have a summer with 30+ degrees,yes,it is quite cold.To much of a difference.And funny thing is that its always coolest around my birthday when it usually drops down to -20 :devil:

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 30 May 2006, 15:13

Pfff, sunlight is overrated.

Back on-topic, anyone been able to figure out if the chest's potential contents have been expanded/preset by the mapmaker?
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 May 2006, 16:12

How when we have no mapeditor?Why doesnt someone ask nival about it?

Return to “Screenshots”