Northern Might Town... now in HD!

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Northern Might Town... now in HD!

Unread postby Karmakeld » 15 May 2017, 15:24

Dalai, a question posted on HC by LucPatenaude..
DosBox remade Heroes IV: Complete has been bought through GoG.

Installed it + had to put it to 800 x 600 in screen resolution so that it runs nice and smooth on my Windows 10 Home x64 O.S. @ version 1703.

Finished the tutorial quite easily by reminding myself that sometimes, in this edition, there are no roads what-so-ever in order to reach the enemy to be defeated in order to finish that tutorial.

So...Does the Equilibris mod. work for this remake and, do I need to put it in its installed game folder before running the mod's installer?
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 May 2017, 21:19

DosBox remade heroes are only Heroes I + II. Higher versions were always windozed.

Anyway, this reply is up to you Dalai! ;)

I'm also curious what you will say to Luc. Not ring a bell here.

PS Just for sure it was 1703 build 15063.296 or 15063.0 or somehing else.. actually not many people know winver command. Of course it's completely not connected neither with the answer nor with a question. Just tuning.
Last edited by Pol on 15 May 2017, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 18 May 2017, 13:49

I think I have a GOG installer, but I did not try to install it and put Equi on top of it. For years I have been just copying Heroes folder from one laptop to another. Have to investigate a bit.

There is no risk in trying. Worst case scenario - it won't work, but the original game will still work just as before.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 18 May 2017, 22:08

If it's the regular Windows version of H4 Complete then all you need to do is download Equilibris' version of the base executable and patch that (it will prompt that if you haven't already). I haven't had any trouble updating and using Equilibris from the GOG Windows version (even on Windows 10), but I did need to download the Equilbris version of the base executable before Equilibris could patch.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 19 May 2017, 15:57

Pol wrote:DosBox remade heroes are only Heroes I + II. Higher versions were always windozed.

Anyway, this reply is up to you Dalai! ;)

I'm also curious what you will say to Luc. Not ring a bell here.

PS Just for sure it was 1703 build 15063.296 or 15063.0 or somehing else.. actually not many people know winver command. Of course it's completely not connected neither with the answer nor with a question. Just tuning.
People at HC gave the same reply, only Heroes I and II, but still.. Just forwarding the question :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 May 2017, 20:19

Let assume, because I don't remember Heroes IV. tutorial, neither any complaint about missing roads. But in general this shouldn't touch a fact, that Equilibris works nicely on Heroes IV.

Only snag can be in combination of Heroes IV + Equilibris + Windows 10 + Map Editor where there will be likely missing some artifacts, but that's already resolved.

Wait on Dalai. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 21 May 2017, 22:38

Well he just answered his own question, by posting his step by step installation...?!
Not sure what the issue was, if there actually was any. Some claimed it was just technical bogus...

Return to “Screenshots”