Uplay Required

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Uplay Required

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 25 Jul 2016, 12:48

So you thought that you didn't need Uplay installed to play Heroes VII? So did I, actually; the devs said it was needed for a one-time activation and that you need it to have access to all features (such as cloud saves), but that was all. So I did all that, but I eventually got bored with the sluggishness of Uplay and decided to get rid of it. What happened?

Yeah so it turns out that you don't just need Uplay for a one-time activation, you need it installed in order to run the game - even if it was bought through Steam.

My response?

I'll be damned if Ubisoft are going to decide what I have installed on my PC. So I'm done with Heroes VII.

Hey, Ubisoft? One last thing.

Suck it.
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Uplay Required

Unread postby Dalai » 25 Jul 2016, 13:09

When Heroes fan site's admin starts promoting uninstalling Heroes game, you know Ubisoft is doing something wrong. :D
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 26 Jul 2016, 06:54

Hey, Ubisoft? One last thing.

Suck it.
Glad to see you finally get some common sense. :applause:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Jul 2016, 12:50

UPlay was and always been mandatory. This is stated on Ubisoft pages. If anyone from Ubi stated anything different, they lied. But that should been obvious from the beginning.

What you don't need to have in case of Ubi games is Steam... :P
But in this case you sure need, to first bought your game outside of Steam. Such as in GMG or HumbleBundle. Getting in directly via Ubisoft store is somewhat not a good choice. At least wasn't with H6, perhaps they fixed that, perhaps..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 26 Jul 2016, 13:59

Pol wrote:they lied.
Not the first time, remember h7 is "back to the roots with main inspiration from h3 and h5" lmao

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 26 Jul 2016, 17:17

they gave you a weaselly half truth mate,
what they said in your Q&A is, "Upoxy doesn't mean permanent connection anymore. Just like Steam, you have to connect once to activate your game and then you can play offline as long as you want. It will be this way in Erwins VII", but they didn't say anything about not having to go through their ****** DRM client even when offline lol

Return to “Screenshots”