The Great White On Field

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Groovy
Golem
Golem

Re: The Great White On Field

Unread postby Groovy » 15 May 2015, 06:08

Panda Tar wrote:This idea always trigger my memories of Bahamut Lagoon, a SNES RPG with TBS battles. On a map with square tiles, you have many armies, each army with 3-4 units, irrc. But while on the overall battlemap, you could cast spells on the enemy army which would damage all units there, or you could set woods ablaze (armies passing onto them would be damaged), or cast ice spell on rivers, so you could walk on it. If you happened to get in contact with the opposing army, then a small battle scene would take place and each unit would perform an individual action, instead of an 'overall' action on the bigger scenery.
Amazing magical effects!
This is basically what I'm after. I would just add a battlefield map, longer combat within an adventure map day, and strategically significant map locations.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 15 May 2015, 08:05

Karmakeld wrote:I think the ideas of more advanced battle maps are awsome. I too remember the +/- luck/morale effects in H3 and that should be easy to add. Weather settings like heavy rain, making the battlefield all muddy, or snow/sand storms slowing down movement is another idea.
...I think H6 introduced some ideas to new combat objectives. I recall a battle in the dlc where you'd fight a thunderbird, and had to hide next to a tree in order to avoid it's lightning strike.
Interesting. Didn't go H6. From "there on out," if I'm still here, any game I get involved with needs to be "Complete." What a concept!

Heroes must have a good map/Campaign Editor...period. I'm sick of the bottle-field tactics of gaming companies and will buy nothing a spoonful at a time. I regret my CK2 nonsense. "Hmm, Can I buy shades for my Baddie, maybe on easy installments?" If they don't yet have a whole game they don't get a whole customer from me. Eos.

Thanks for all the info about on-line. Unfortunately, those days are not only gone, it's more like they never existed. Hope you never know what I mean.

@Panda
Maybe:

•Hold your ground and don't allow enemy units on 'this' side of the map for more than 10 turns until reinforcements arrive.

•Destroy certain obstacle and then flee.

Things like that, just examples.
Sorry, my little joke didn't read very funny. AOK ideas all the way.

Cya

Make it great

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 May 2015, 14:23

Groovy wrote: This is basically what I'm after. I would just add a battlefield map, longer combat within an adventure map day, and strategically significant map locations.
This is a video of Bahamut Lagoon gameplay. Battle starts around 3:30. Some obstacles on the map can be destroyed for experience. But the overall idea can be grasped. You'll see that turns are very delimited. There's also the 'uncontrollable' factor there. You don't control dragons. You pet them, but you don't control them.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 15 May 2015, 14:37

I have watched it yesterday, hence my comments. :)

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

The Great White On Field

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 21 Jun 2015, 23:19

It's ridiculous that they are making the centaur a 4-square large unit... when she could obviously fit on one square. See, problem with squares... use hexes, then you can put any unit on 2 hexes and call it a day.

Return to “Screenshots”