H7 Sea Elf

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

H7 Sea Elf

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Jan 2015, 19:51

One of the neutrals recently revealed on <a href="/https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... rs-p3">the official blog</a> - the Sea Elf.
<p>What do we think, fans? Yay or nay?

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=969
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Jan 2015, 21:37

Let me say
it looks ok
but if I may
- something that rhymes with A -
rather have phoenix join the fray!
Hey, hey, hey!
Stronghold line-up, please, with no delay!
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 30 Jan 2015, 22:47

Or, you know, Pirate.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 31 Jan 2015, 01:08

I wouldn't mind this unit replacing one of the sylvan base line-up. Homm needs more diversity for human type models.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 31 Jan 2015, 01:57

Neutral unit?

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

H7 Sea Elf

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 31 Jan 2015, 12:55

Pirate gypsie elves. 'Cause sure, why not, you could not mess up Heroes any worse after adding D&D-staple dark elves, a whole faction of japanese mythical beings you renamed after an INDIAN mythical being, and aztec orcs. Sigh.

Also, sure, we all know a fencer will never wear armor on her abdomen or chest, heaven forbid she protect herself against cuts.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: H7 Sea Elf

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 31 Jan 2015, 15:52

BB Shockwave wrote:Also, sure, we all know a fencer will never wear armor on her abdomen or chest, heaven forbid she protect herself against cuts.
At least she's one of the few units without giant shoulder pads. Honest to God, that is the only thing that has surprised since I've been following HoMM news, which is kind of pathetic when you think about it.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 01 Feb 2015, 05:19

Jesus Christ...

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

H7 Sea Elf

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 03 Feb 2015, 01:51

LOL! Too true. That's because Ubisoft told the art studio way back with HOMMV to emulate WOW and Warhammer as much as they can. Hence the giant shoulderpads or armored vampires armed with swords larger than themselves.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Feb 2015, 13:04

Giving sword to that vampire is one of the greatest miserable doings I have ever seen in Heroes designs. I simply despise that vampire conception since H5. It's obscene.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

H7 Sea Elf

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Feb 2015, 16:43

Agreed.

But ... ELF PIRATES! :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Re: H7 Sea Elf

Unread postby Tress » 22 Feb 2015, 17:33

Well it pretty much was only decent common neutral creature in duel of champions :D
Giving sword to that vampire is one of the greatest miserable doings I have ever seen in Heroes designs. I simply despise that vampire conception since H5. It's obscene.
Prior to Homm5 vampire design were caricature depiction of vampire , so homm 5 is first game with serious depiction, can argue if too much rooted in WH, but it's serious design non the less.
h2 - stereotypical cloak and fangs you would see in cartoon. but ok its homm2, it was cartoonish in general.
h3- count Orlock...
h4 - Bella lugosi
No depiction is serious, and seemingly intentionally rooted in some outdated stereotype

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 22 Feb 2015, 19:06

:lolu:

A made up creature from mythology is not serious and based on outdated stereotype? :slap:

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 22 Feb 2015, 19:25

Sure they are made up. It;s like joke about painting the angel with boots on. Have you ever seen one without them :P
But still each era, requires some style of portrayal. For example Adams west batman looked more or less ok for time, but in modern days it's good only for lulz's . Same thing can be said for any portrayal of fantastic elements, each era requires its's own style. Purposefully making outdated style is mostly for comedic purposes only. Doubt anyone would take seriously old star trek . Any remake is made with heavy shift to our day standards, same thing with vampires, and there are plenty of good vampire portrayals lately , to not make them campy.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 22 Feb 2015, 21:33

Call me an old geezer :( , but I'm drawn more towards the classical and timeless designs. It's kind of like classic menswear vs fashion forward designs; one will be appealing and last forever while the other's appeal will change with the seasons.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 23 Feb 2015, 09:18

There is difference between classic and camp. LEt me give example :
Darth Vader armor and star destroyer designs still hold up although seem little naive. Modernized versions are just slight upgrades.
While most comic super hero designs from "silver age" look campy at best, and wouldn't be normally usable for modern depiction. Same with Bella lugosi style vampire.

Return to “Screenshots”