H7 Academy Town Screen

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

H7 Academy Town Screen

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Dec 2014, 14:35

More info about the Academy town has just been released. Here you can see the town screen with descriptions. Go <a href="/https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... s">here</a> to see it in full detail.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=962
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Dec 2014, 15:39

"In Heroes VII we decided not to keep H6 town portal system. The town portal only allows you to be teleported to this town if you hero have the right spell for this. However, like it was on previous games, this spell only can teleport you to the nearest town."

:-D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

H7 Academy Town Screen

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 18 Dec 2014, 20:49

I like it.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

H7 Academy Town Screen

Unread postby cjlee » 18 Dec 2014, 21:20

Can it be true? Has Ubisoft reformed its attitude? These guys were so stubborn about the issue of town screens last time, but now these screens are lovely.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Dec 2014, 22:39

Remember who makes the game, cjlee. It's not Ubisoft, it's Limbic. And unlike the previous devs, these guys actually know what they're doing. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 19 Dec 2014, 04:14

I want to go to Magic University and get my Ph.D. in applied magic science :creative:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Dec 2014, 12:52

*slaps mr.hackcrag awake*
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

H7 Academy Town Screen

Unread postby cjlee » 21 Dec 2014, 17:47

OK, I don't game much. But is Blackhole now bankrupt, and is Limbic experienced in game development? Because it seems as though H7 has totally turned around from H6. I'm happy of course but thanks to the bad experiences of the past, am still not going to pre order or even buy until I am sure all kinks are worked out. Remember, Nival was quite a joke too, selling a buggy H5 game that they hadn't even done playtesting on.

If they regain my confidence, then I'll buy H8 early and without so much fuss.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Dec 2014, 21:24

From what I hear from others H5 is now fine, less or more from the times of ToE and Quantomas AI patch.

H7 is using completely different engine (Unreal 3), what was reused are some resources and perhaps a little of logic from H6.

Although change in engine is probably a plus, what decide is right vision and determination to achieve it. In that aspect, only time will tell.

Only changing engine and visions for every game iteration yields no good. There should be some long time strategy, and that is not: "Make it online, add mobile devices and connect all of it together." That is just fine decoration, when everything else fit in place.

Sad fact is that Blackhole was having very good engine in terms of orientation to m&m goals but with low quality of code. What they needed was a small success and then to create engine version 2 from the scratch. They also probably lacked a good leadership, including money management.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Fuddelbaerentatze
Peasant
Peasant

H7 Academy Town Screen

Unread postby Fuddelbaerentatze » 22 Dec 2014, 11:44

Limbic could fail as easily as did Black Hole and Nival in the eyes of some people. The single constant in this process is UBI. We need to focus on them not on some developer they might change as they seem it fit. No matter who the developer is, they all operate within the boundaries of whatever UBI demands or tolerates. Key decisions for Design, Story, Budget, Tools, Schedule are unlikely to be determined by the developer.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 23 Jan 2015, 22:12

The Academy theme is very nice.

Return to “Screenshots”