The Gold Mine

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Gold Mine

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 20 Sep 2014, 18:04

hellegennes wrote:It's funny how you think the cart is disproportionate when in H1 and H2 the cart was twice the height of the mine entrance itself. Not to mention the cauldron of the alchemist lab which was a third of the building's height. I guess you didn't mind back then.
You don't want progress or to strive for excellence in design?

Was there even a CH forum during H1 to talk about it?

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

The Gold Mine

Unread postby hellegennes » 20 Sep 2014, 23:29

I want progress, I just don't think these are things worth worrying or complaining about. I can't imagine anyone really being annoyed by the fact that the cart in H1 and H2 looked huge in relation to the mine itself. Sure, I remember myself making jokes about the disproportionality of adventure map objects, but I don't remember being annoyed by it. It was more like "ha ha, this looks utterly ridiculous" or "wow, these trees are taller than a mountain". It's supposed to be a strategic representation, not an actual world. That's why it's called adventure "map". You know, as in "it's a map".

If anything, the adventure map has become more realistic in terms of relative proportions. Mountains look more like mountains, trees look more lika trees and towns look more like towns.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Re: The Gold Mine

Unread postby markkur » 21 Sep 2014, 14:39

hellegennes wrote: If anything, the adventure map has become more realistic in terms of relative proportions.
Agreed and glad of it. Now if someone could wrap their minds around "Scale." <imo> a magical world could be much closer to a realistic look, even with fantasy structures etc. After all there is Zoom for 2D.

Return to “Screenshots”