H7 Underground

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

H7 Underground

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Sep 2014, 18:06

Let us have a look at the underground as it looks in an early version of <i>Heroes VII</i>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=941
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 03 Sep 2014, 20:23

It looks like H5. I hope there are various types of underground environments and it's not all the same color schemes.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

H7 Underground

Unread postby Blake » 04 Sep 2014, 13:46

I like it. Especially enjoyed this bit when they flooded it.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

H7 Underground

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 04 Sep 2014, 21:07

I hate, loathe and despise the underground in Heroes V. It is so dark that it is difficult, if not impossible to see anything in it. Atmosphere is fine up to a point, but this is ridiculous. Also, undergrounds seem to be so cluttered with walls that even if you can see an object (mine, artifact, etc.) through a transparent wall you can't click on it without rotating the screen. Consequently, we spend most of our time underground essentially spinning around and around.

It looks like Heroes VI is more of the same :( And please don't say: "well, if you don't like it you don't have to buy it". True, but if you love turn-based adventuring and combat in a fantasy setting as we do, there just isn't much out there. If someone would just update and bring back the SSI Gold Box Dungeons and Dragons PC games we would be on those in a heartbeat.

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

H7 Underground

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 04 Sep 2014, 21:10

Sorry, we are still playing Heroes V. Our comment about VI, which we haven't played yet should have said Heroes VII. But we're guessing that the underground in VI is pretty much the same as V.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 04 Sep 2014, 22:04

I liked H6's underground a great deal more than H5's. Though the dwarven caves were nice in my opinion.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Sep 2014, 23:42

For me, the underground was never really a forced cavern option, I just saw it as an extra level and a way to expand the map. It was not neccessarily underground at all.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 05 Sep 2014, 00:40

I want an underground that is not necessarily a cave all the time. It would be nice to have unique vegetation, geological structures, atmosphere and other features that distinguishes it from the above ground.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 05 Sep 2014, 13:29

Well, I'm sure I am biased but I hope H7 is like H5 because with the H5 Editor everything (landscape and all lighting) could be changed, you just had to know how and it's easy to learn. I made many maps with significant differences in what a player encountered going down.
I laughed at the small bridge on this PotD, because I did the same on a couple of my maps by using the center bridge-section and setting Z to negative 2 or 3. :D However this new bridge looks much too thin. Maybe I'll send Kalah my H5 version just for comparison.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

H7 Underground

Unread postby hellegennes » 05 Sep 2014, 17:21

H6 underground is nothing like H5's.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 06 Sep 2014, 15:52

:( How can anyone play this and call it strategy? All those eye candies hurt eyes, only important objects and bonuses should be underlined...

Very confusing graphics.

Fuddelbaerentatze
Peasant
Peasant

Re: H7 Underground

Unread postby Fuddelbaerentatze » 06 Sep 2014, 16:54

ToweringAmishPlumber wrote:I hate, loathe and despise the underground in Heroes V. It is so dark that it is difficult, if not impossible to see anything in it. Atmosphere is fine up to a point, but this is ridiculous. Also, undergrounds seem to be so cluttered with walls that even if you can see an object (mine, artifact, etc.) through a transparent wall you can't click on it without rotating the screen. Consequently, we spend most of our time underground essentially spinning around and around.
I had mixed feelings about it. Had to turn up gamma until it strained my eyesight and didn't like that of course. But the spinng and zooming I found rather immersive. Not only underground, but too above in mapsections that where covered with large trees.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 06 Sep 2014, 18:54

Is it just me or does that resource with 11 quantity look like WoG new resource? Also the resource next to it looks like a pallete swap. :mad: I'm going to miss carrying around heaping bags of toxic mercury and smelly sulfur. :(

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

H7 Underground

Unread postby Blake » 07 Sep 2014, 05:40

yeah there were moments where I got pissed off at H5 underground missions when I'd realised I'd missed a bunch of stuff due to camera position and had to send my hero back. But I did love the atmosphere and look of the levels. Especially the giant dwarven tunnels & halls with statues, reminded me of LOTR.

I'm still yet to properly play H6 so I don't know about its Tunnels. H7's look impressive, lets hope they function equally impressively.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Return to “Screenshots”