Fast-moving Bandits

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Nov 2013, 13:31

Here's a bit of a quiz for you all:

There is way to increase creatures movement to an absolute insane amount, just look at this picture. However, once the bandits leave the hero's army, their movement will revert to about 100. Now some may have noticed that the bandits already have a total of 71 movement, and know ways to get it this high... but how is it even possible for them to reach the current movement of 200?

(This can be reached even without the use of Artifacts and Adventure map movements modifiers.)

<p>Thanks to <b>Karmakeld</b> and <b>Maciek</b>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=872
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Evernight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby Evernight » 05 Nov 2013, 03:41

Dark sorceries?

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby Karmakeld » 05 Nov 2013, 19:09

I can only think of Dark spells, affecting movements, that decreases - Fatigue and Mire, but neither of those will do the trick.. Again Equilibris is needed to solve this..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 05 Nov 2013, 20:41

A place event which gives movement points? :)

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby cjlee » 06 Nov 2013, 02:24

I love Maciek's quizzes, even if I hardly ever manage to solve any!

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby Maciek » 06 Nov 2013, 19:31

No events, Duzeom ;)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby Karmakeld » 10 Nov 2013, 09:29

seems like a little hint is needed:

However feared any General may be amongst his men, he can't push them to perform a 7 day ride in just 1 day.

Not even an experienced traveler, wearing all the right equipment can make such a journey in such short time.

But a skilled magician, with an understanding of life itself, can make (most of) his troops endure the long journey, without getting tired. However, this doesn't come without a cost. At anytime, you must be willing to seperate any troops that doesn't increase their movement speed, from the rest of the troops, possibly leaving them behind.
Edited on Sun, Nov 10 2013, 04:30 by Karmakeld

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby cjlee » 12 Nov 2013, 15:54

Pathfinding spell with endurance potion could add something to the movement points, but I can't think of anyway to get near 100, let alone 200.

I don't remember H4 very much anymore, but I think I could get to 70 movement points using boots, gloves and grandmaster pathfinding. Sigh. This makes me feel so stupid and ignorant!

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby Karmakeld » 12 Nov 2013, 19:11

cjlee, the trick is to do it without the usage of pathfinding skill, boots and gloves. Ofcourse all of those will speed up the process, as endurane potions will give 6 extra movements instead of just 3.. With 2xgloves, boots, GM Path, rally flag, stables and trough your hero can get 90 movement points..

But you're on the way.. "..Pathfinding spell with endurance potion.." Endurance potion/spell is part of the trick..

(As Macieks the one who discovered this, I shall let him be the one to reveal it)
Edited on Tue, Nov 12 2013, 14:12 by Karmakeld

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby Maciek » 12 Nov 2013, 21:18

The trick is that when you split a stack, you can use Endurance Potion again and it will affect the new stack (and nobody else).

So, you could just keep splitting the Bandits, leaving just 1 in the old stack every time, and keep using Endurance Potions for as longas you have Bandits and Potions.

Sounds expensive? Well, Equilibris introduced Endurance spell at level 3 of Life Magic. So, if you substitute the potions with the spell, you can keep doing the trick as long as you have spellpoints.

But, if you sit in a town with level 5 Mage Guild, it will regenerate your spellpoints every time you cast a spell. And that's how Karmakeld got those super-fast Bandits. The other Bandits in the army and the hero with them are not that fast.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby cjlee » 13 Nov 2013, 13:56

Oh, Equilibris! I haven't seen that for years. I think the last time I played anything on E was 2007. I never played it enough to find all the bugs and tricks, but I definitely played it enough to know I liked it very much.

Do you guys know the site is down? I can't find anywhere to download Equilibirs anymore. I remember they were pretty good though. Not being able to get E, I lost interest in H4.

I AM pretty grateful that Ubisoft has decided to stop supporting H6. Now interest is low and the forums are dead and nobody is making maps. Hopefully that gives Ubisoft plenty of incentive (financial) to make a new game H7 to get more money (that's all they're interested in anyway).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Nov 2013, 14:56

@cjlee

Perhaps you're using some old link. The equi site is on.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 13 Nov 2013, 18:49

I'd like to add that link to Equilibris site is on the main page of celestialheavens.com, as always. All downloads are moved from external sites to the same hosting, so there should be no problems with downloads. ;)

The bug exploited for this screenshot is already fixed in the upcoming version. It took a long time, I know :)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby Maciek » 14 Nov 2013, 19:35

"Upcoming version"? Does it mean some new version will be released soon? Do you have a list of changes?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby Dalai » 14 Nov 2013, 22:50

Maciek wrote:"Upcoming version"? Does it mean some new version will be released soon? Do you have a list of changes?
It will be released. How soon and the list of changes are open questions for now.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby cjlee » 16 Nov 2013, 16:21

THANK YOU, POL!

i was so pretty sure that the download link didn't work between 2009 and 2012, because I really tried many times and got nowhere. But now I click on it, and yes, the download link works!

And ;-) DAMN YOU! ;-p

I'm going to have a lot less free time now that I will go back to playing H4 equilibris. I'm not sure whether you did me a favor by telling me something I shouldn't know...

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Fast-moving Bandits

Unread postby Karmakeld » 17 Nov 2013, 09:15

Dalai.. somethings cn be worth waiting for.. Also some believe that all good Things come to those who wait.. (long enough)..

Return to “Screenshots”