Stellar Graphics

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Stellar Graphics

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Nov 2011, 02:26

Gorgeous graphics in this game. One of the advantages of upgrading to 3D.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=619
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Stellar Graphics

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 28 Nov 2011, 17:05

Oh yes. That's what we all want. Gorgeous graphics ranks indeed well above a polished game product, right? Gorgeous graphics over satisfying gaming sessions. Who needs good and actually smooth game play when we can have all that great 3D stuff with mind blowing graphical details.
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: Stellar Graphics

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 28 Nov 2011, 20:45

Yurian Stonebow wrote:Oh yes. That's what we all want. Gorgeous graphics ranks indeed well above a polished game product, right? Gorgeous graphics over satisfying gaming sessions. Who needs good and actually smooth game play when we can have all that great 3D stuff with mind blowing graphical details.
Jon Van Caneghem wrote:Dear Heroes of Might and Magic® fans,

When I sat down to create King’s Bounty®, the precursor to Heroes of Might and Magic, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it would grow into the phenomenon the series has become. I had just finished Might and Magic® II. At the time, King’s Bounty was state of
the art: 16 colors and used up both sides of the floppy disk. I had one programmer and one artist to make my design real, and it took us about a year to finish.

Nine years later, the Heroes™ III game is state of the art. The Heroes III game has 65,000 colors and fills an entire CD. I had over 30 people work on the project: programmers, artists, voice actors, and level designers, and it took us about 18 months to finish.
King’s Bounty, although crude by today’s standards, was a lot of fun to play. Players recruited troops, maintained armies, and fought battles on tactical maps with a variety of fantastic monsters. The Heroes III game does the same, only the graphics are much fancier
and the animations are far smoother. In addition, some fundamental game play changes have happened since then, giving the player options and tactics magnifying the scope of the game
tremendously (. . .) We hope you have as much fun playing it as we’ve had making it!
Sincerely,
Jon Van Caneghem
Creator and Designer
Now then, if you're done badmouthing JVC for paying attention to graphics and being pleased that his games use the latest graphical technology, perhaps you'd like to address the strange idea that somehow shiny graphics and a polished product are mutually exclusive?
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Stellar Graphics

Unread postby Odish » 28 Nov 2011, 21:37

except that's not what he is claiming. The problem is they made all the effort of making an aesthetically looking game but failed to produce a good gaming playing experience. Ideally, it should be first the play-ability and then the graphics. but then, nice graphics do sell better..

Pol
Admin
Admin

Stellar Graphics

Unread postby Pol » 28 Nov 2011, 22:25

The fact that even in this screenshot I still see the bug, reported in every phase of beta, is outrageous. But actually all of them have been reported, pray for 1.2?

The graphic side of the game is stunning, the rest was oversimplified and I still would like to know who is responsible? Which head guaranteed leadership and vision and failed so terribly? Was it Erwan Le Breton?

Cause execution of this game provides a plethora of bad idea implementations/adaptations on various levels. Who blessed it and in return deduced profit for Ubisoft shareholders, hmm?

Will Ubisoft make up with patches, or modders will be allowed to? Cause the game is still promising but that's not enough for final product.

Will they change the unfit leader? The game can be saved, still.. everything is in, unused.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 29 Nov 2011, 13:31

Odish wrote:except that's not what he is claiming. The problem is they made all the effort of making an aesthetically looking game but failed to produce a good gaming playing experience. Ideally, it should be first the play-ability and then the graphics. but then, nice graphics do sell better..
Unfortunately, if the graphics sucked, there would be a whole bunch of long-time Heroes fans talking about how they've ruined the franchise, how the "soul" or "feel" is missing, how previous Heroes games had always made large efforts in the direction of graphics, how this game will be the doom of the series.

You also never hear these complaints about music & sound.
Pol wrote:Cause execution of this game provides a plethora of bad idea implementations/adaptations on various levels. Who blessed it and in return deduced profit for Ubisoft shareholders, hmm?
I don't know, but they should possibly have been put to work on Heroes IV. ;)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Dec 2011, 20:59

Meh, 3D screenshots are still full of jaggies, even if way less nowadays...

Now a 2D Heroes with todays tech and handpainted.... that i'd like to see.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Dec 2011, 21:02

Bandobras Took wrote:>>how the "soul" or "feel" is missing,<<
Funny, as that is already missing because the art style just doesn't say Heroes...

Bandobras Took wrote:>>how previous Heroes games had always made large efforts in the direction of graphics<<
Heh, funny how no one said that about H5...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Stellar Graphics

Unread postby hellegennes » 04 Dec 2011, 22:16

Gorgeous graphics; that don't show until 3 minutes of loading time, after the map loading time, which comes after the game loading time. I can look out my window and see gorgeous graphics. If only I could also play the actual game without all the other bad stuff...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Dec 2011, 16:40

That's your own fault for not having a 5k$ PC...

But seriously, the beta loaded just fine for me...

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Stellar Graphics

Unread postby hellegennes » 07 Dec 2011, 19:21

We don't have dollars here but... fair enough. I'll try and buy a £5K before trying to load it again. Perhaps I misread the system requirements and didn't notice the obvious. It clearly states:

2 Ghz Intel® Pentium® Core 2 Duo E4400 or 100 times higher.

Return to “Screenshots”