Retired Admin
Retired Admin

The World

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Oct 2011, 23:26

A map of the world of Ashan.

Thanks to evilp.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=607
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

The World

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Oct 2011, 11:26

Dunno why, but it reminds me a bit of...of...a deformed version of Europe going on to a Russia-only Asia. Caspian sea got huge and connected to red sea... :lol: Ok...there's nothing to do with Europe. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

The World

Unread postby Angelspit » 28 Oct 2011, 16:48

For a second I was looking for the Like button, silly me...

So... Like!
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

The World

Unread postby Odish » 28 Oct 2011, 16:57

It is Europe: Heresh is Italy, The seven cities is kind of a mutated spain, the holy empire is France and Germany, Irollan and grimheim are the nordic states and england. Ranar and Thallan are the baltics+balkan and west Russia.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Oct 2011, 17:03

Thanks, I was wondering how many pills I did take. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Re: The World

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 29 Oct 2011, 02:30

Odish wrote:It is Europe: Heresh is Italy, The seven cities is kind of a mutated spain, the holy empire is France and Germany, Irollan and grimheim are the nordic states and england. Ranar and Thallan are the baltics+balkan and west Russia.
The Seven Cities are atheists while the Iberian Peninsula was one of the most religious places from Middle Ages to late Renaissance.

Irollan is too peaceful to be the Nordic countries.

The Balkans were part of the Byzantine and/or the Ottoman Empires for most of the past 2 millennia and were only in a fractured mess starting in the early modern times.

And yeah the Asians cultures in our world are not limited to Japan's... unlike Ashan's Hashima...

By the way... what are Orcs? Africans? :D

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

The World

Unread postby hellegennes » 30 Oct 2011, 22:02

It doesn't look like Europe at all. The balkans are gone, Turkey is missing and, generally, the rightmost part is too thin to resemble anything. How can Irollan be England? Great Britain is an island. Seriously, it looks nothing like Europe!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Nov 2011, 12:39

It is Europe and if you good look at this map, you will see England, however it is not island anymore.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

The World

Unread postby hellegennes » 02 Nov 2011, 00:26

Please tell me you are not from Europe, never seen a map of Europe or you are just kidding. Otherwise, take a look at Europe first and tell me where's the similarity. There isn't a large island west of the continent and even if we assume it's not an island any more -which is ridiculous- there's nothing to even resemble the general form of GB (the island isn't called England).
Edited on Tue, Nov 01 2011, 20:29 by hellegennes

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

The World

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Nov 2011, 07:34

The devs have already confirmed that the inspiration for Ashan has been taken from mediaeval Europe. The shape of the landmass and distance between the respective locations are slightly different, of course, but culturally and geographically speaking, they used Europe as a template.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: The World

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Nov 2011, 15:21

hellegennes wrote:>>Please tell me you are not from Europe, never seen a map of Europe or you are just kidding. Otherwise, take a look at Europe first and tell me where's the similarity. <<

The peninsula like shape for a continent is taken from Europe for sure, no other "continent" on the planet looks like that...

They obviously just took a hammer and bashed the western parts with it... which is why the british isles are connected to the mainland and Iberia is splattered all over the place...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Screenshots”