Attractive Sirens

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Oct 2011, 23:22

From Maygwan's latest brain child: <i>This is legion 5</i>.

All those ships run aground ... those sirens must really be something ...

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=601
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby maygwan » 16 Oct 2011, 07:10

i cant seem to download it comes up with error

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Oct 2011, 08:51

Fixed.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby maygwan » 16 Oct 2011, 09:54

ty kalah

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 16 Oct 2011, 10:44

I am rather disappointed about the way how Maygwan's maps are made. To me, it seems like an author fell into object-putting frenzy and follow the rule "more is better". Even more surprise is that so many people like this way of mapmaking - which I personally reject.

xdTaro
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby xdTaro » 16 Oct 2011, 11:59

Duzeom is right. Maygwan made a lot of maps where the only advantage is a lot of building, towns and armies. Maybe you will try something new? :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Oct 2011, 12:35

Of course, graphics is as important as gameplay and an integral part of any map. I am sure there could be improvements here and there.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 16 Oct 2011, 12:56

Geometrical figures are the fastest way to fill a map because they look "right" from any perspective. Now, unless you have a strong story before, seeing so many sunk boats in one place looks unrealistic and probably tedious to explore.

xdTaro
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby xdTaro » 16 Oct 2011, 16:59

Salamandre - fastest way is not the better one. But it seems some people like it. Ehhh... Anyway - I have a question. Is there possibility to show short movies (not only screens)? Because at my youtube channel I have some...
Edited on Sun, Oct 16 2011, 13:29 by xdTaro

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 16 Oct 2011, 19:06

I did not say it is the best way, just the fastest one. :D

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby maygwan » 17 Oct 2011, 06:59

Players have a choice on wether to explore those boats or leave them. They will not make a huge difference to the map and are there for graphics and the look. But there is an option if a players wants a few extra gold. These maps are not story driven they are mainly multi play maps where 1-4 players can play each other with a solo option. They are big on resources and armies to encourage huge battles. I do make story and single player maps also. All i can really say is if you dont like my maps then dont play them i cant force people to play them and every as a choice on wether to dload them or not.

thanx.

If i am coming over a bit defensive well i spend a lot of time making these maps so others can enjoy them. Rarely do i get any recognition for them which is fine. Nothing stops anyone from making there own maps.
Edited on Mon, Oct 17 2011, 03:04 by maygwan

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 17 Oct 2011, 07:17

Truth is I made a 9-map campaign which took me 2 years to complete and I have much less download than your maps. Conlusion? Make maps in one week without story and with complete lack of good taste. Of course everybody have choice, yet I am dissapointed with players preferences. That's all.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby maygwan » 17 Oct 2011, 07:27

Duzeom_ at 2011-10-17 03:17 wrote:

Truth is I made a 9-map campaign which took me 2 years to complete and I have much less download than your maps. Conlusion? Make maps in one week without story and with complete lack of good taste. Of course everybody have choice, yet I am dissapointed with players preferences. That's all.

Complete lack of good taste wow i am sorry people havent downloaded your campaign but thats no reason to hate on me.

xdTaro
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby xdTaro » 17 Oct 2011, 08:36

Easy, that's not hate. But anyway, in my opinion you could try to make something better. Even if you prefer multiplayer maps, spend more time on it. I think it is better to make one really good map than five average.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby maygwan » 17 Oct 2011, 08:53

Try undead apocalypse, a wizards tale and hell vs heaven they are solo maps very challenging ect. This is legion maps arnt the only maps i make.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Oct 2011, 08:58

hey Duzeom, I understand your anger, but more time spent does not always mean more quality (not criticizing you, I don't know your campaign, any link for us?). Maygwan is very good mapmaker and prolific. Don't be a jerk and kill a map from only a screenshoot.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby maygwan » 17 Oct 2011, 09:22

Also Duzeom you dont have to go on at me about campaigns i worked on MOS with yurian and heroofpunk for a year and also worked on the 2nd installment which is out soon so i know all about hard work,time and effort. Just because you see a lot of maps of mine on the front page doesnt mean i dont spend time on them. Some are projects i have been working on for months. This is legion 1-5 are multi play maps but i still have to make them look good and balance them out which takes time.

xdTaro
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby xdTaro » 17 Oct 2011, 18:27

Salamandre - his two campaigns are on your site: The Astral Romance, and Megom Chronicles: Tales of Souls. The second is better ;) And about good mapmakers - Ururam Tururam was really good.

Maygwan - I'm sorry if you felt attacked. But it is not good when average (in my opinion) screens are on the main site. Because I saw better parts of the maps :)
Edited on Mon, Oct 17 2011, 14:28 by xdTaro

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Oct 2011, 19:13

Those 2 campaigns are for HoMM IV, not III. So when you tell having less downloads, its just that you picked the wrong game, not your fault. HoMM IV has very restricted audience, for endless reasons, off topic anyway.

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Attractive Sirens

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 18 Oct 2011, 22:25

The core of my problem is that the system of map promotions on main page favours small maps (or big ones but made in 'fast way'). Large campaigns cannot compete with small maps. This is just another calibre. There is a page with campaigns but not updated for a long long time. And promotion of these campaigns is poor.

Return to “Screenshots”