Puzzling

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Puzzling

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Aug 2009, 08:34

Another feature from 300 Spartans; a puzzle! :)

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=365
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Eon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Puzzling

Unread postby Eon » 02 Sep 2009, 01:44

Very cool idea, but how does that work?

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Puzzling

Unread postby astral76minor » 04 Sep 2009, 01:55

Good work for H3, although some amazing things are being done with H5. Check out this link in the Mapmakers Guild:

viewtopic.php?t=10278

Just look for yourself!

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Puzzling

Unread postby astral76minor » 04 Sep 2009, 20:20

Need I remind you of an H5 map called "Mining Tycoon" which features more scripting complexity than H3? Also, H3 does not use LUA, so I wouldn't call this too much work. It is new, although not really as labor intensive as H5 LUA scripting. Nice work for an old game which has been over played by me.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 04 Sep 2009, 20:53

Are you sure of that?:)

I can prove you WoG can be scripted and suit 1000 times more than any HoMMV the mapmaker wishes. And calling this "not much" work is amateurish, as you have no idea, right? Or you can link me to any of your WoG works?

I look everyday at HoMM5 moders progress and they are way behind. Not because they aren't skilled or such, but because ERM is at the moment the most capable code, while not being perfect, I agree.

Mining Tycoon was uploaded 2 years ago on maps4heroes and got...3 comments and no rating. My 4 WoG maps were uploaded this year and got together 700 comments. Maybe the goal is not to create the hardest script but create a playable adventure?

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Puzzling

Unread postby astral76minor » 05 Sep 2009, 22:53

Just look at H5 campaigns. You'll notice over 50-100 pages of script. Some people create single maps with so much code. So did Ubi.

For working on such an old game with boring adventure map graphics and music that is worn out, you deserve credit where credit is due. Yes, a playable adventure for a single player is great AND very common. However, a playable adventure for many players (in multiplayer mode) is outstanding and very rare especially when it involves script.
Edited on Sat, Sep 05 2009, 19:02 by astral76minor

HellSpawn
Peasant
Peasant

Puzzling

Unread postby HellSpawn » 05 Sep 2009, 23:15

I have to agree with Astral.

Multiplayer maps that have script are hard to find and far more difficult to make and play.

I only wish that more people would focus on multiplayer.
Holding on is easier, then letting go.

Return to “Screenshots”