All Alone at Isengard

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

All Alone at Isengard

Unread postby Kalah » 03 May 2009, 16:51

Eomer defeated Saruman at his HQ of Isengard, but lost his entire army. Really bizarre. Thanks Yurian.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/show_b ... php?id=341
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

danijel1990
Conscript
Conscript

All Alone at Isengard

Unread postby danijel1990 » 03 May 2009, 18:57

this is insane! :D pretty awesome btw :)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 03 May 2009, 19:08

Nice one, I think I've seen this bug in Heroes 5 too :P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

All Alone at Isengard

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 03 May 2009, 19:58

O_O So this is what happens when you lose all your creatures in a siege but still win?
Back from the dead? Maybe.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Re: All Alone at Isengard

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 03 May 2009, 21:57

Deadguy118 wrote:O_O So this is what happens when you lose all your creatures in a siege but still win?
But when that happens, you're supposed to lose your hero BUT keep the castle... clearly a bug.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

All Alone at Isengard

Unread postby Angelspit » 03 May 2009, 22:29

I think I've seen this bug in Heroes IV as well... err, never mind. ;)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

All Alone at Isengard

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 03 May 2009, 22:40

What happaned was that I was playing Gondor (Blue player) with Rohan's (Teal player) Eomer as one of my main allies. I was busy elsewhere, probably repelling continous attacks coming from Mordor (Red player), who was my main Enemy. The Elves (Green player) had their hands full of Saruman's Orcish troops and allies (Orange player).

Anyways... Teal had gathered a mighty army ready to try and take out Saruman in his main base, the world-famous Isengard. Teal's and Rohan's Eomer was in fact in a tricky situation where he had to succeed in his gamble to take down the mighty Wizard due to having lost his own starting town, and other towns as well, to invading Mordor and Harad/Khand (Pink player) armies. So, Eomer invades and charges head long against Saruman's powerful HQ and its defenders who are lead by the Wizard himself.

My ally managed to win the difficult fight thanks to the flawed formula of CPU vs CPU fights in Heroes III. I recall thinking that he's done for. Well, seeing the result in the picture above, he was de facto defeated but managed to keep his Hero thanks to a mysterious bug taking place.

What makes this even more bizarre is that a human player that suffered the loss of his entire army would have lost his hero as well. That's for sure. Double defeat is possible when summoned troops (Elementals) are the only ones surviving total carnage. If that was the case, human player (defending) would suffer the loss of his or hers hero but would keep the castle, and the attacking army (human or CPU) would lose his or hers hero automatically.

After the battle was over, I tried to see if I could move the hero Eomer into the second row ("visiting hero"), but ended up with that message showing up. "This hero has no creatures...". Indeed bizarre... to say the least!
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

All Alone at Isengard

Unread postby astral76minor » 04 May 2009, 01:11

This happened once, but it was so long ago. WTF in those days. I heard H5 could do the same thing, though never saw it.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

All Alone at Isengard

Unread postby hellegennes » 04 May 2009, 04:51

Since there is a message displayed, this case was foreseen and programmed by NWC and it's either a predicted bug or some sort of compensation in AI to AI battles, to prevent crashing in double defeat. Note that there are two ways of double defeat. One is by winning with a summoned army and the other is by killing all units with a spell (e.g. Armageddon).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 May 2009, 07:06

Too bad they didn't do the same for H4... (now where did i put that pic)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

All Alone at Isengard

Unread postby dark raider » 05 May 2009, 11:19

pretty cool....what map is this?? is it a custum made map?? is it for the wake of gods mod? or is it an original map from heroes 3?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 May 2009, 13:53

It's from "Tolkien's Middle-earth", an H3 map made by Yurian Stonebow.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 07 May 2009, 12:08

I still remenber in RoE I manage to survive a normal battle with un-expert resurrection, butt after the battle me hero was alone, and still could pick up resources and chest :D
Patience is less common than the common sense

Return to “Screenshots”