Wulfstan's Defiance - The Brothers

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
yeppados
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yeppados » 01 Nov 2007, 04:07

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/677

yeppados
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yeppados » 01 Nov 2007, 04:07

Its a very easy map and the only nice thing to do is deploy only the dragon and cast the very cool but often unused armageddon.

Armageddon is a fire spell so if you have ignite.....

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 24 Dec 2007, 14:20

Yes, using Armageddon on level 6-7 neutral units is very fun, and makes things much easier. And get Ignite.
Edited on Mon, Dec 24 2007, 16:17 by Naki
May the Implosion be with you!

wembleysepultura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wembleysepultura » 11 Jan 2009, 21:34

I played with in Hard and didn't have a strong enough build to take the 20 Archangels straight away. So I just went east and cleared everything, gaining troops, hitting the ballista/first aid tent selling place, hitting the stats boosts. When I was done and came back I could easily kill the archangels, get Duncan and then clear the rest of the level, then take on Tor Whatever. So this is just a note to not worry if you can't take the Archangels immediately like this walkthorugh says, you'll just have a much easier team clearing to the east

Vampirlord17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vampirlord17 » 28 Nov 2009, 00:22

hehe the comments and pics are just great at maltz s walkthrouth, really a comedy, Nival is usual the one who gets killed hehe

Shimdra
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shimdra » 03 Jun 2010, 18:30

Normal v2.1

I had an odd bug where some of the stacks at 9 teleported me to I' whether I accepted them or not. Strangely enough if I waited a day it became week of the sprite and the spawned sprite stacks did the same, even if I battled them.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 21 Jun 2010, 18:54

Nival is really dumb. Rolf was easier than many of the neutral stacks here.

HOWEVER, let me hazard the following guess:

In most of Nival's campaign scenarios, the level of the enemy hero you face is usually near or above your current level cap. This mission has a cap of 26, so most enemy heroes should be level 25 and up.

I think Nival's programmers meant to program a level 25 Rolf. That would NOT have been easy to fight, especially considering Rolf's dark magic. Some programmer typed 1 instead of 2, resulting in a level 15 Rolf.

hprwhg12
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hprwhg12 » 31 Mar 2014, 21:42

2.1 Heroic

I feel as if I am throwing a note in a bottle into the sea here but, If anyone reads these anymore maybe give a slight thought or tip. I will check back in a few years...Lol. Probably the next time I decide to play the Campaigns again.

10 Thanes + Fireball/Ignite+ Resurrection = Perfect victory! HA!

Does not work for me, with or without shooters in the corner. I can defeat them, yes, but with heavy casualty. I also see in picture Maltz had three corpses. I get a two stack with 24/e on an open field or if I move a little I get one tiny rock doing nothing for anybody.

They move too fast and don't stand near each other until they are attacking me to cast fireball properly which by that time I am already in the resurrect loop. I have 90 mana. Which is 1 fireball (too fast and can't use) and 5 resurrect. So I get 6 resurrect. I guess I need more mana. I also have 11 Thanes and not 10 which I would think is better.

I either die flat-out without a corner shooter or I end up losing half my Thanes and all my shooters or 3/4 my Thanes and half my shooters. Leaving not enough to defeat the Fallen Angels using same tactic.

I end up having to gather the Thanes from the hidden path and Ballistic from the blacksmith 29 Thanes + Triple ballistic + Resurrect = Perfect victory!

So I don't know what I am doing wrong. Maybe having 11 changes how many stacks appear in battle or I need more mana. Next time I play this campaign I will try and get more mana and purposefully allow 1 Thane to die.

Knowing how hard the previous map was having to go a specific skill route just to beat Val. That is most likely not going to happen for awhile. Like last time. 4 years to be exact.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Wulfstan's Defiance - The Brothers

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 10 Sep 2019, 21:58

Rolf got killed by a neutral stack! Duncan came in at Level 27 with maybe 70.000 xp toward 28. If I ever earned experience for him he stayed at 27 but lost the points earned toward 28. So I never allowed him to earn experience and he was able to reach 28 in the last scenario which he could not have done without those 70,000 xp.

Return to “Articles”