Four Sylvan Heroes

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 16 Feb 2006, 19:48

Uhm... These elves seem to be more EVIL than Iferno heroes (I bet they won't be so angry at me :D) :devil:
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Feb 2006, 19:57

They only look like that because they have a gaint stick up their asses. It's an elven initiation ritual. :D
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

conjurer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby conjurer » 16 Feb 2006, 20:43

Orfinn is good to keep in mind the divisions between the very kinds of elves (forest elves, high elves, night elves, dark et cetera) and know that most of them are creations of modern fantasy (literature: of course J.R.R.T or computer games - most of these factions didn't even existed in folklore), all these contributions have helped to define the races and have very well entered in the colective thought. I will not make this a debate of whom you like best (high, forest or dark elves) but what I can point out is the fact that the male heroes designed by Nival don't even come close to the general features of the elves... I have nothing against forest elves (or how would you like to call them) I have something against bad taste and mixing different concepts (elves+that North American Indian look) that don't match, just in hope that something original will come out. I think Nival should take in acount the fact that some concepts have a certain statu quo and any change made should be well thought of...

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 16 Feb 2006, 22:59

Actually I think they look like a cross between American Indians and Vikings. Their ears could double for horns on a viking helmet - they are that big.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 17 Feb 2006, 14:17

I've nothing against their backgrounds as protectors of the forest, with better developped bodies and stuff like that, but... I think these heroes look really bad. Even Ylthin, but only a little bit. I mean, why are they all frowning? It's as if they're having a bad hair day (no pun intended, I like their hair :) ). Their faces and their expressions are sooo stereotypical! Even the "dark and dangerous and mean" dungeon heroes look better... smarter, wittier.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Feb 2006, 15:27

theLuckyDragon wrote:I've nothing against their backgrounds as protectors of the forest, with better developped bodies and stuff like that, but... I think these heroes look really bad. Even Ylthin, but only a little bit. I mean, why are they all frowning? It's as if they're having a bad hair day (no pun intended, I like their hair :) ). Their faces and their expressions are sooo stereotypical! Even the "dark and dangerous and mean" dungeon heroes look better... smarter, wittier.
Thats because dark elves took all the wips,straps and other toys with them.And high elves have nothing to play with now :devil:

T-Hawk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby T-Hawk » 18 Feb 2006, 18:53

I like the Sylvan Heroes. The only one I don't like is Ylthin. She looks more like a faerie or a nymph than a survivor from the forest. The male Heroes look like they should look like: embittered from all the pain and evil that lives in the world and in the forest. They don't know what fear is.

But I agree they all look a bit the same. But that's because there is much you can't change about them. Making them green won't be appreciated too I guess. So I'm mainly satisfied. I fear that the Sylvan will be my favorite race.
"Every puzzle can be solved, you just have to know where to push and where to pull. "

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 18 Feb 2006, 23:23

Let's see, they all have white or blond hair, and they're all frowning. Of course I have nothing at all against white hair. But I think these elves look more like Celts than American Indians. I mean, dressed all in green and gold, with swords and shiny gold armrings, and all that paint on Findan's arm. American Indians didn't have swords, and didn't have armrings, and didn't dress in green. The feathers and braids are the only thing that really resembles them. Ylthin is the only one who looks properly 'elven' per say, having that sort of non-human quality about ther. The rest look just like humans, like Irish Indians or someone to that effect. My impression of elves of any sort, regardless of bloodline, has always been that they have a disctint air about them that makes them seem, well, not human. They are supposed t o have greyish, white, or bluish skin, with the soldiers having a lot of diagonal camo paint stripes on their faces (not fancy designs, just broad, straight stripes, to match with the forest), and generally with colour combinations that are different from what you'd expect of a human. Most of my elves would have blue hair, or white, and their armour would be very fanct and all white, althought I suppose that is a description more appropriate for High Elves. The current depiction of the wood elves seems fine, although they do look too human in appearance.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2006, 23:43

No, dude. Elves = Humans with Pointy Ears. Also if they have Pointy Eyebrows they're Vulcans. Ylthin is just an albino. B-)
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby Cleanpea » 22 Feb 2006, 20:46

perhaps the storyline will reveal that the wood elves are really just are the magically created toys of mad wizards! humans+ steroids + eargrowthpotion =bad attitude

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Feb 2006, 22:52

Cleanpea wrote:"perhaps the storyline will reveal that the wood elves are really just are the magically created toys of mad wizards! humans+ steroids + eargrowthpotion + sticks up their bums =bad attitude"
All better now.

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby Cleanpea » 23 Feb 2006, 15:58

That last part would make anybody cranky:/ in the second expansion, academy will be sylvan's favored enemy...

alchemy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby alchemy » 27 Feb 2006, 03:43

Dude you guys are hecka racist or something close to it. It actually makes sense that the wood elves look somewhat similar to Celts or American Indians. The celts are the ones who have actual priest called druids, and American Indians are the ones who believe "nature is beautiful and should be protected." The elves embody this so its not surprising that their appearances are similar.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Feb 2006, 10:52

Yeah, but did the Celts or Native Americans have sticks up their bum?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby Orfinn » 22 May 2006, 15:59

Nope and neither these elves :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 May 2006, 18:37

I'm pretty sure them being "tree-shaging pixies" is what lead to the sticks. And yes they most certainly do. Durned elves. And aren't you a Dwarf person Orfinn?

behan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby behan » 24 May 2006, 13:27

I think Ylthin looks like a mix of Galadriel and Arwen from L.O.T.R

jackeboy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby jackeboy » 25 May 2006, 15:47

Findan is very cool I like him ftw
Edited on Thu, Apr 05 2007, 01:27 by jackeboy

Shogun_Razor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby Shogun_Razor » 26 May 2006, 04:31

Exceptional Characters - Beautiful

Rion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sylvan Heroes

Unread postby Rion » 06 Jul 2006, 14:13

"Actually I think they look like a cross between American Indians and Vikings. Their ears could double for horns on a viking helmet - they are that big."

I have a single question: Why does everybody think Vikings had horns on their helmets? Out of TONS of pictures from scandinavia before 1200, only few of the people on them had horns, and those pictures where dated PRE-viking!
Edited on Thu, Jul 06 2006, 08:14 by Rion
Please inform me if my sentences contains grammatical mistakes.

Return to “Articles”