Character Creation

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Desdicado
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Character Creation

Unread postby Desdicado » 10 Feb 2006, 16:17

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/135

Desdicado
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Character Creation

Unread postby Desdicado » 10 Feb 2006, 16:17

I didn't really rate the Vampire, not that great a healer, with fairly useless special skills.

The Dark Elf is a great character, however you can pick up a high level one very early in the game as an NPC very easily. You can also pick up a high level Knight early on, so I would choose from Troll, Minotaur or either "magic" class.

Invictus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Character Creation

Unread postby Invictus » 22 Jul 2009, 07:48

In my opinion the best class is the dark elf - good melee attack and also good magic. For begginers and for solo game it's the wisest choice.

Shurikas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Character Creation

Unread postby Shurikas » 07 May 2014, 11:57

Desdicadio do not forget that there is a necromancer early at the begining and also the most powerfull character is also a necromancer

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Character Creation

Unread postby Arret » 09 May 2014, 05:23

Shurikas wrote:Desdicadio do not forget that there is a necromancer early at the begining and also the most powerfull character is also a necromancer
This. Especially for a beginner, it is worth mentioning that you can get a necromancer, vampire, and cleric before your first fight, and a knight before the first dungeon.

On miscellaneous skills, I disagree strongly with a lot of the "dump as many points as possible" skills. Learning particularly is a complete waste unless you are going for GM. Getting level 1 of most skills is usually a good idea. Actually cranking out merchant (for than 1 character) and body building almost always cut out better skills.

Meditation is useful on dark elves late for darkfire spam. They really don't scale well, especially compared to a knight or necromancer, and all they really seem to have is bow (and being at range gimps your other characters).

Also, Cleric>Vampire. Power cure has no equal, and you get the light buffs (not to mention paralyze) very very early. If nothing else, look at the difference between the promotion quests. Clerics can have it done the instant they walk to Murmurwoods, and the Nosferatu is probably the hardest of all the promotions. Clerics are at GM body basically as soon as they have enough skill points.

Return to “Articles”