Mobile Might and Magic II Review

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Mobile Might and Magic II Review

Unread postby Angelspit » 10 Mar 2008, 19:19

From Round Table member darknessfood comes a <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/726">quick review</a> of Might and Magic II for the mobile phone (which has very little to do with the 1988 title). All critics of Gameloft's two Might and Magic games are very positive, so they are a safe purchase for anyone willing to go on a quest while on the bus.

You can find more fan reviews at the top of <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/88">this page</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/726
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Might and Magic 2 Review

Unread postby archcorenth » 11 Mar 2008, 02:46

Do the M&M mobile games have anything to do with the Might and Magic Universe or are they like the Crusaders/Warriors that just borrow the name?

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Might and Magic 2 Review

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 11 Mar 2008, 03:41

Read the article and you will get the answer.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Might and Magic 2 Review

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 11 Mar 2008, 06:35

If I'm correct, the world of Crusaders/Warriors is one of the biospeheres from the Might&Magic Universe, just like Colony, axeoth, XEEN, VARN, etc...

Who knows, maybe one day we'll learn, that the Dragons of Asha are Ancestors too, and the demons of Sheogh are descendants of the Kreegan... Or it was just a bad dream of Crag Hack after drinking too much ale.:)

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Might and Magic 2 Review

Unread postby archcorenth » 11 Mar 2008, 17:18

I don't think reading the article tells me the answer. It says it doesn't have a lot to do with the Might and Magic universe. That says nothing about whether it has anything to do with it. I really just wanted to know if it takes place in COLONY or not.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Might and Magic 2 Review

Unread postby Akul » 11 Mar 2008, 17:23

For some reason, I believe that Ashan is the oldest planet in M&M universe and the story happens very, very long time before.

as for the mobile games, even they DO happen in the universe where the original story (PC or console) happens, dev's don't consider it canon.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 11 Mar 2008, 22:12

If I'm correct, the world of Crusaders/Warriors is one of the biospeheres from the Might&Magic Universe, just like Colony, axeoth, XEEN, VARN, etc...
Yep, that world's name is Ardon. Been looking at my site...? :) XEEN and VARN are nacelles, not planets.
I really just wanted to know if it takes place in COLONY or not.
It does not as far as I know. But then again nor did the original MM2. :D

From what I read somewhere, the original MM Mobile took place in Erathia and you're trying to save a King from demons. Similar to MM7's "Rescue Roland Ironfist from the Kreegans" quest, but this one isn't canonical and the King is not named.
For some reason, I believe that Ashan is the oldest planet in M&M universe and the story happens very, very long time before.
Not likely. The worlds in old MM games were created by the Elemental Lords, not Dragon Gods. And there are many fundamental differences between both universes which can't just be patched up with explanations like "they're Gods, they can do what they like" or "some of those portals lead to Ashan instead of Axeoth", etc... Besides Ubival have stated they do not want to go down that route.

Demilich, Avonu, Kareeah or someone could probably explain further.
Last edited by Corlagon on 11 Mar 2008, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 11 Mar 2008, 22:52

First f all, thanks for reading the review, it was my first one, AND it's especialy for you guys :), that means in English...
I don't think reading the article tells me the answer. It says it doesn't have a lot to do with the Might and Magic universe. That says nothing about whether it has anything to do with it. I really just wanted to know if it takes place in COLONY or not.
Well,it really doesn't, just some small things, like it takes place in Erathia (yet again ANOTHER different part), and the Might and Magic are used in the game, together they form ultimate power... That's really it, and if you took a close look at the aticle you could have made that out (well, Erathia part left aside)...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Might and Magic 2 Review

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 12 Mar 2008, 06:22

@Corlagon: true, VARN and XEEN are plain, but don't forget, that the two sides of XEEN are united at the end of World of XEEN, so it will become a planet(oid). This mens only one(and a half) mistake...;)

About the article: Truly a nice job. It's short, easy to read, easy to understand - good for a mobile game. After reading it, I felt like knowing everything, what I wanted to. And congratulations for your first english article.:) As for me, I will continue writing reviews on my mother tong for a while.
Edited on Wed, Mar 12 2008, 02:39 by Ravenheart87

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Re: Might and Magic 2 Review

Unread postby Angelspit » 12 Mar 2008, 12:51

Ravenheart87 wrote:And congratulations for your first english article.:)
Thanks! :D

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Might and Magic 2 Review

Unread postby darknessfood » 12 Mar 2008, 15:32

Angelspit wrote:
Ravenheart87 wrote:And congratulations for your first english article.:)
Thanks! :D
:D
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 12 Mar 2008, 16:03

@Corlagon: true, VARN and XEEN are plain, but don't forget, that the two sides of XEEN are united at the end of World of XEEN, so it will become a planet(oid). This mens only one(and a half) mistake...
You're right, my bad. For the most part of the games, though, it remains a nacelle world. :)

Demilich
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Magic 2 Review

Unread postby Demilich » 14 Mar 2008, 05:44

World of M&M Mobile games is called Erathia, using similar name of one of the continents of Enroth. Just same name! Also, M&M2 is a prequel of M&M1 - son of Louis, born in the end (yes, there is sex scene in M&M2!) is called Ewan, the main char of M&M1
Edited on Fri, Mar 14 2008, 01:45 by Demilich

Return to “Articles”