Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Summ

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Chevo

Unread postby Chevo » 31 Dec 2007, 12:50

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/723

Chevo

Unread postby Chevo » 31 Dec 2007, 12:50

Did someone get the little green alien hero plate flying around in a space ship??

that suddenly apeard day 1 week 1 month 8? called plate?=P
Edited on Mon, Dec 31 2007, 07:54 by Chevo

HereticPriest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HereticPriest » 23 Feb 2008, 12:59

Dude, you are kidding. level 17/18 from Mentor ?

i spawn level 27 heroes with my 31 level Zehir. how i did that ? Here is a hint, first level of this campaign, lots of artifact traders(in the dungeon towns and the academy home) and a sacrificial shrine where you can convert your artifacts bought every 4 weeks or so into XP !! In the meanwhile you should have a constant supply of troops to another hero that keeps the dungeon player locked in his town, the ai usually does not dare to walk out when your army is strong enough. of course this can take a lot of time, but i dont know where the levelcap is in that map. when i was level 30 or so i got bored :P

Lucy Curtis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucy Curtis » 28 Apr 2008, 03:57

This probably sounds like a particularly amateurish question but then I have never got all that good at playing, despite the number of times I have gone through it. How do you get Wulfstan to activate his runelaw powers? I have the dwarven castle fully built with all runes in it but putting Wulfstan into the Castle does not seem to give him access to these runes. I have also tried clicking on the round centre runelaw button in case I needed to purchase runes with wood, ore etc in order to get them into his spellbook but this also hasn't happened. His profile shows that he has expert runelaw but nothing shows in the darn book when I engage an enemy. Would appreciate some help please.

Thanks

Lucy Curtis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucy Curtis » 28 Apr 2008, 03:59

PS I should add that I am on this last level but have had to go back to the one before in order to upgrade Wulfstan's magic powers as he doesn't have mass confusion. Still don't have that but at least I now have mass deflect missile.

nmiz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nmiz » 04 May 2008, 18:01

about wulfstan's skills: wouldn't it be better to go for the ultimate protection using the mentor?

with it your dwarves just won't die
"We rule the shadows, and someday the shadows will rule everything."

tracerbullet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tracerbullet » 11 May 2008, 06:19

Acquiring Arcane Omniscience is really tough! When I visit the memory mentor underground in order to redevelop my skills from scratch, sometimes I get both the skills I require in the same turn, since I can only choose one per level, the second required skill never comes back! Is there anything I'm missing or not understanding? Please help.

tracerbullet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tracerbullet » 11 May 2008, 06:21

By the way Lucy, did you figure out how to activate Wulfstan's runes? I'm experiencing the same issue.

Lucy Curtis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucy Curtis » 16 May 2008, 07:51

Alas no TB. I am starting to wonder if it is a glich in the programme. I am sure in earlier games with the dwarves I did have rune magic just by going into the castle once I had built it up appropriately. Would reallyappreciate it if there is anyone out there who can help. Lucy

Lucy Curtis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucy Curtis » 24 May 2008, 02:04

TB - I have finally stumbled on how the runes work. Wulfstan does not use them - his army does. When in battle and your creaturecomes up to fight you will see at the bottom of the screen to the left just above the creatures the runes. Click on one and that creature will then use it.

stachnie
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stachnie » 26 May 2008, 11:15

My final Wulfstan build was a bit different. Expert Light with M. of Blessings, Expert Dark with M. of Mind and two Dark-reducing perks, Expert Enlightenment with Intelligence, Adv. or Expert Luck with MR and Dwarven Luck and Expert Leadership with Runic Attunement. I gave him full Dwarven set, Dragon Ring, Ring of Broken Will, Staff of Netherworld (all three from Art. Merchants), Dragon Necklace and Cloak of Death's Shadow. I have just finished his battle in the last map (Hard difficulty) and it turned out to be not very challenging, e.g. enemy troops very often suffered bad morale. Thunder Thanes were indeed excellent gate blockers ;)

Thanks for the tip with Vampirism overwriting Puppet Master. However, in most cases I found expert Magical Immunity better because it overwrites any curse and it cannot be overwritten with Dark Magic.

The battle against Rolf was annoying but not difficult. I gave Zehir Academy troops from more than 10 weeks (Tear-powered; I had about 50% numerical advantage) and all of them were loaded with mini arties (like +42% initiative, 82% MR etc.).

mmontgomery
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mmontgomery » 14 Jul 2008, 03:59

I was playing on heroic also. My final Wulfstan build starts like stachnie. Expert Light with M. of Blessings, Expert Dark with M. of Mind and two Dark-reducing perks, Expert Enlightenment with Intelligence. I also added Tap Runes, so I would effectively never run out of mana.

Finally, I added Expert Sorcery, primarily so I could get distract. This allows me to cast spells 30% faster, while the enemy casts 20% slower.

I also got the Staff of Netherworld and Cloak of Death's Shadow. Due to my magical superiority, the battle in the next chapter was a piece of cake. I cast mass confusion, mass slow, mass righteous might, and mass haste. It was interesting that mass haste started a spell war, with the enemy forgoing puppet master to try to keep mass slow on my troops, which I would dispel with mass haste, and then mass slow again. Because of my faster casting rate, I would getting about 3 spells to his two, so while keeping mass haste on my troops, I could toss in another spell about every other turn.

The battle against Rolf was initially very difficult, mostly because I had rushed through in less than two months and only had 4 weeks troop accumulation from my town (12 Titans. 24 Rakshasa Rajas, etc.) I had cleared the entire board with nothing more than a couple hundred mountain guards I had brought from underground; I never used the Call to Arms. I was trying to figure out how to beat Rolf, when it occurred to me that I had forgotten to equip my army with artifacts, so I loaded a save to correct my mistake.

Luckily, I had just picked up the troops a few turns before, and still had an autosave at my city. Once I equipped my high level troops with +48% initiative/+13 attack/+13 defense, and my low level troops with +48% initiative/+13 defense/+10 health, the battle was a piece of cake, even though Rolf had a huge numeric superiority.

The battle was even more difficult since along with Arcane Omniscience, my other skills were of little help for the battle: Expert Logistics with pathfinding, and Expert Luck with resourcefulness and Spoils of War. But I wanted to keep these skills for the next level, so I decided to try the battle with effectively nothing more than Arcane Omniscience and Luck+3 on my side. I outfitted Zehir with the complete Dwarven Set, Ring and Staff of Star-Issus, Dragon Ring and Necklace, Lion Cape, and a Golden Horseshoe.

Rolf's Puppet Master was mirrored to Zehir's obsidian gargoyles. I figured that was a pretty safe stack to be controlled, so I made no attempt to dispel it, and sure enough Rolf did not cast Puppet Master again. In fact, he did not cast anything for awhile, just did normal attacks! Later he cast mass suffering. Finally, when puppet master wore off of the gargoyles, he cast it on my titans, which I immediately dispelled with Vampirism.

Meanwhile, I puppet mastered his thunder thanes then summoned phoenix, which destroyed his magma dragons over 4 turns. I cast vampirism on my rakshasa rajas, which keep them at full strength the entire battle.

It was a slaughter. By the time the battle was over, I had not lost a single titan or rakshasa raja, thanks to vampirism, and suffered surprisingly few other casualties. The mini-artifacts on my troops made a huge difference.

spytor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spytor » 17 Jul 2009, 13:41

Yes, as HereticPriest pointed out, the key in this campaign is the mission one. It is quite easy to pump up Zehir quite high there, I think I left at level 28 (should have than 30 though :(). In mission 3, I recommend to let Zehir do all the work to max his experience. This way Wulfstan can go to level 28 (my case) or even higher without fighting even once. By the way, if you use Zehir's abilities wisely, it is possible to get through the mission with Zehir's initial stack. This means no loosing exp on Call to arms and summoning the flying castle. Zehir can do just fine and doe not even have to take dwarven reinforcements. In fact he can get through without loosing single unit :) And yes I am speaking about heroic difficulty :)

revael
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby revael » 25 Jul 2009, 00:37

hey spytor, i just finished the game and saw ur comment, how did u manage to go through the campaign without losing a single unit and not taking dwarven reinforcements for zehir?? i played on heroic as well n had omniscience too and didnt take any dwarven reinforcements just call to arms (summoning the raksasha), didn't lose a single unit in zehir's army until in the end when fighting rolf, had about 40+ raksashas but my 40+ raksashas just get pawned... had to travel all the way back n get some dwarven reinforcements... orz... u r the man!! :)

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 19 Sep 2009, 05:05

You can't get Town Portal from the mages guilds, but you can through Scholar. I hired a dwarf hero which immediately grew to level 22 or so upon meeting Zahir. By grabbing enlightenment and scholar, I could transfer town portal to Wulfstan. That also let my helper hero go to the academy city and ultimately transfer the level 5 dark magic spells from Zahir to Wulfstan, once Wulfstan acquired expert dark magic at the memory mentor.

Near the end I had two level 26 helper heroes. I missed the academy city location on my initial trip through the upper map so when it came time to fight Rolf I didn't have much of an academy army (I only accepted one magical reenforecment). I took all my mountain dwarfs, berserkers, rune patriarchs and thunder thanes along with some academy troops to meet Rolf. I tried a few single stack battles but ultimately just threw all my troops in for an easy battle (hard difficulty, not heroic).

I got lucky and got the shackels of the last man from the artifact merchant about midway through so Wulfstan got an extra level or two.

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 12 Dec 2009, 22:57

Okay, so when you beat Hangvul, nothing extraordinary(like a cut-scene) happens. You just immediately get the screen saying that you've lost.

Ps. Destructive with magnetics and last stand works great!
Edited on Sat, Dec 12 2009, 17:59 by Maciek

Shimdra
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shimdra » 03 Jul 2010, 00:05

Went through a portal before reaching the castle landing area, so I was extremely behind on Academy troop production by the time I found it. Went into the Rolf battle with an insignificant force, though vampirism on a large stack of accumulated Rakashahshahsa whats-its and summon pheonix made the battle surviveable (Especially with a 43% initiative 11 attack and 11 defense item equipped)

gsandro1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gsandro1 » 12 Oct 2010, 20:54

I good way to upgrade Wulfstan is to use mentoring with Zehir, in my game (heroic) Wulfstan reached level 27 from Zehir mentoring who was level 31. Thanks again for the great walk through I am excited to play the final mission now!

Dstr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dstr » 28 Nov 2010, 14:49

Another pretty easy mission on heroic... but it took some time because of the battles, i only used the summon phoenix spell and phantom forces on rasha... those were all my troops on the surface, I resurrected them using regeneration while the foes were blinded or puppet mastered.

I was harassed by heroes spawning and took very late the town no. B, in fact I wanted to flag all mines first and didn't have time to explore...
Edited on Sun, Nov 28 2010, 09:50 by Dstr

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 11 May 2011, 13:17

On my latest run on Heroic, I got Zehir to level 28 on the first map. (You can read how I did it there.)

By this map, Zehir was level 30. That still isn't enough to do anything for Wulfstan since his level 25 is about 1/4 Zehir's exp, but it means I created two other level 25 heroes on day 1!

(All with town portal, learned through Scholar since I got Inga offered to me right away.)

But don't think I've outsmarted Nival!

Since I've played this map several times before, I notice that enemy heroes got much tougher on this map.

When I had a weaker Zehir, enemy heroes were only level 25 and fled all the time whenever my level 25 Wulfstan approached with a sizeable army.

Now with Zehir at level 30, it seems Nival sends level 28 heroes (i'm guessing, between Zehir and Wulfstan's level) on this map. They don't carry big armies, but are very, very tough and don't flee until after a lot of damage is done. Sure, I know I'll win - but I keep suffering severe casualties because they can hit and kill faster than I can resurrect. And my other two level 25 heroes are useless because they don't have good artifacts and I don't have enough troops to spread out to them - they need very big armies to take on the level 28s.

So evidently Nival planned this map to give Wulfstan a hard time without assistant superheroes - and they succeeded.

But on the good side,Wulfstan gets thousands of xp every battle.

Return to “Articles”