Destructive Magic

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Sandro123
Pixie
Pixie

Destructive Magic

Unread postby Sandro123 » 15 Feb 2006, 21:05

Chain lightning and armageddon are without doubt the best. I like the skeletons in the chain lightning's icon.

In beta it was magic missle, not magic arrow...

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Destructive Magic

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 23 Apr 2006, 13:58

For some reason in the demo Magic Missile did a lot more damage than Lightning- or Ice-Bolt. for instance MM: 88 HP ; LB: 64 HP or so. that seems strange to me...
"Patching Eternal!"

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Destructive Magic

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Apr 2006, 14:17

Zombie_Inc wrote:For some reason in the demo Magic Missile did a lot more damage than Lightning- or Ice-Bolt. for instance MM: 88 HP ; LB: 64 HP or so. that seems strange to me...
And what skills and abilities did you have?Some affect only certain spells.Also,maybe you casted on lightning resistant creature.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Apr 2006, 14:27

Actualy he's talking about the description dmg, which always seems to be higher fot magic missile then the rest of the Destructive spells. Might be because their affected by lvl but we don't see it on the BF, or it's like in H3, and every school makes it stronger (should count as a bug then), or something else.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Apr 2006, 14:39

ThunderTitan wrote:or it's like in H3, and every school makes it stronger (should count as a bug then)
In HIII only the strongest school applied.But if each school you have makes MM stronger,that would make it a very interesting spell.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Apr 2006, 14:55

No, that would make the rest of the Destructive spells weaker. And I know about H3, I just wrote it a bit wrong.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Apr 2006, 18:26

Actually it wouldnt.Spending all of your skills just on improving MM isnt very wise.But,if you happen to have more magic schools,it would be nice to have a spell that takes advantage of that.If the first school gave you a bonus of X%,the second could give you 0.5X%,third 0.25X% and fourth 0.1X%.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Apr 2006, 19:03

It is wise if it get's you the other schools. Why spend 12 mana for 10 extra damage when you can have boost/weaken spells and MM for 4 mana, and it can't be resisted by fire/ice/air immunities? Of course that all depends on how it's implemented.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Apr 2006, 19:39

ThunderTitan wrote:It is wise if it get's you the other schools. Why spend 12 mana for 10 extra damage when you can have boost/weaken spells and MM for 4 mana, and it can't be resisted by fire/ice/air immunities? Of course that all depends on how it's implemented.
But it is influenced by MR.Now how do those combine?If you have fire resistance and MR,do they stack or is just the highest one that is used?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Apr 2006, 19:46

I have no ideea. Hopefully the manual will have alot of info about that stuff.

Galib
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Destructive Magic

Unread postby Galib » 18 Sep 2007, 00:18

Eldritch Arrow(MM) doesn't have a 'Master of...' skill. Lightning bolt and Ice bolt can be mastered and given freezing or stunning effects. MM can't.

agni77
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Destructive Magic

Unread postby agni77 » 08 Oct 2007, 06:45

this is awesome if you are a warlock with enlightenment. you get to rack up spell power like crazy(bonus from enlightenment) and with elemental damage thrown in, stuff gets really nasty...

emi_emi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Destructive Magic

Unread postby emi_emi » 20 Nov 2007, 16:04

I saw that in ToE the Armaggedon spell will be a lot more powerful. Now it will actuallly be worthwhile using:D
Edited on Tue, Nov 20 2007, 11:05 by emi_emi

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 20 Nov 2007, 16:53

Why what's the difference?
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Return to “Articles”