Chronicles Free Campaigns

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 18 May 2005, 09:23

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/78

rmontaruli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rmontaruli » 18 May 2005, 09:23

These chronicles are no longer available for download in fileplanet server.

Please let them available again.

Bearoch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bearoch » 01 Jul 2005, 20:31

Indeed they are. I just dowloaded them.

Are these chronicles the same as the final chronicles or are they different?

vanderlitreb
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vanderlitreb » 16 Sep 2005, 15:13

Are these files still available for download? If so, where the hell are they? Thank you. :)

Richard Hallas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Richard Hallas » 12 Jul 2006, 14:00

These two extra scenarioes don't seem to work on my current machine under Windows XP Pro SP2 (and I haven't had the chance to try them before now, so I've never seen them working at all). They install OK but crash immediately after launch. The other six commercial Heroes Chronicles games all work fine on the same machine. Anyone have any idea how to get these final two working, please?

Update:

They do work, but only if you put the CD from one of the first four games into the drive first. The fact that they're download-based games doesn't mean that they don't demand a CD, as I had assumed. Thanks to mrPassenger for pointing this out to me.

Edited on Thu, Jul 20 2006, 09:39 by Richard Hallas
Last edited by Richard Hallas on 20 Jul 2006, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Hallas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Richard Hallas » 20 Jul 2006, 15:47

sumalmamus: I asked a similar question recently on the forum; have a look at this thread for the replies:

viewtopic.php?p=67049#67049

The short answer is that the Final Chapters are /additional/ to the six previous games (four commercial ones plus the two downloads on this page). Although on a single CD, there are two new eight-part Chronicles here (the downloads on this page have only five parts each), bringing the total of Chronicles up to eight, and one of them (The Sword of Frost) tells a story which is a prequel to the Heroes IV back-story.

If you're a Heroes III fan or a completist, then yes, I'd think that it's worth getting the Final Chapters if you can find them for an acceptable price. If nothing else, there's double the content in this pack compared with the previous four commercial Chronicles.
Edited on Thu, Jul 20 2006, 09:47 by Richard Hallas

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby VortexD » 20 Jul 2006, 15:58

I'd definately recommend getting the Final Chapters, the two campaigns are quite good, though the ending a bit painfull. But you better find out yourself. But $89 is WAY too much for that just one disc. I bought the whole set of the four original Chronicles + the Final Chapters for 10 euro each two years back, that's 50 euro's in total. I'd try to find a better deal.
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby dark raider » 01 Sep 2010, 13:29

COMPATIBLE WITH "US DOMESTIC" VERSION ONLY what does this mean?? does it mean that i can't get those 2 downloadable games if i live in europe and got the retail games from here??

Return to “Articles”