Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Ridureyu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾&#

Unread postby Ridureyu » 28 Dec 2011, 00:41

So far, Deleb was the toughest fight for me here, followed by the next two demons before I really had a chance to recover. It's been fine other than that, though. My Kujin fight was pretty easy, but that's because I managed to get the cyclopes to smash down the front gates on their first turn, so the demon sent all of its troops out of the walls to stop me. The succubi seduced my foul wyverns, but everything else went all right.

Ridureyu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ridureyu » 28 Dec 2011, 00:43

I, too, have met Plate, the friendly little alien. it seems that he spawned when I impatiently tried to move before Zehir's troop-summoning and experience-losing animation ended. My guessis tha tthe titans summon on the geographic point where you are standing, and moving would mess it up, so Plate exists to give them a landing spot.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/R ... late01.png

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/R ... late02.png

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/R ... late03.png

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/R ... late04.png

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 18 Feb 2012, 18:40

I think Plate appears if you use 'call to arms' while having over 1 000 000 gold. He also seems to have more than one specialty. I made him fight against Biara and I'm sure he could block her spells as if he was Zoltan the Necromancer.

mmontgomery
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mmontgomery » 02 Jun 2012, 13:18

Does anyone know of a way to dispose of Kujin's unwanted artifacts in her last mission? I have the enlightenment set, but I don't want it autoequiped in the last battle. Yet I can't find any way to get rid of it.

Also, it seems that with the 3.1 update, it is no longer possible to stop Kujin before the battle to adjust the set yourself.

Finally, I think it is a bit lame to have Kujin and the other heroes just rush in without any chance to do anything. First time through, I was playing without the walktthrough, and ended her last scenario with what I thought was a good build for the next scenario that she would likely be in: Expert logistics with pathfinding and snatch, luck with resourcefulness, etc. You see the point: great skills for an exploratory map, but totally useless in the battle that she rushs in to fight. It is absurd that there is no opportunity to retrain the skills on the last scenario, but instead must go back to nearly the beginning of the campaign and replay.

I had the same issue with my other heroes as well, but they were still able to win easily on Heroic even with logistics and other skills that were unhelpful in battle. it is only the Kujin battle that was too close to win with so many skill points diverted to exploratory skills.

If they were going to keep this rush in headlong script, the designers of the scenario should have explained this somehow to the players at the start of the campaign, so that they player does not get to the final scenario of the campaign with an unwinnable build.

Waq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Waq » 13 Aug 2012, 17:41

THis is probably most boring mission in entire campaign imo, a lot of easy small battles but then we have those boss fights and i see people are still having truble with some of them on Heroic so ill give you some tips.

Wulfstan battle: Get him absolute protection with light magic, equip dwarven armor set and remember to abuse runes and your thane stack for some crazy dmg, remember to cast your mass light school spells and later on use divine vengance on most dmging stacks.

Freyda battle: very simple, all you need is light school and sorcery on expert, play it like normal battle, spam light magic spells to get most of your passive, especially usefull is magic immunity, cast it on stacks affected by puppet master and dont worry about it anymore.

Kujin fight: I assume we are all playing with latest patch like we should, so we dont have access to any of non-academy heroes before or after battles. This is probably the hardest of all fights depending on your skill setup however it can be won on pretty much any setup if you play it right. First off unit placement, enemy spams puppet master and frenzy, so what you want to do is place earth daughters stack next to goblins in one corner, You dont want your goblins to die because its most of your strongest skill dmg. Also you want them to be close so you can power up your ed stack. Place your cyclops (both stacks) next to gate. Place Chieftains somewhere close to middle so they can charge gate quickly. Place wyverns via their succubi stack (right side). Positioning of centaurs isnt importand since they are useless in this battle. Tactic is as follows, either rush your wyverns to kill thier succubi or try to bait outside their archdevils stack by placing your wyverns stack very next to wall. Get your untamed cyclops and attack the gate and destroy it as quickly as possible, remeber you can use chieftain skill and here skill to make any stacks turn come much quicker. Focus all your efforts to kill off cerberus/firehounds since they can inflict ton of unpunished dmg on you. as long as you have your goblin stack spam horde's anger on cerbers and archdevils. Do your best to infilct full aoe dmg with your cyclops stacks, again cerberus/firehounds first then archdevils. Carefully move your stacks so that you wont take cerberus/firehounds dmg on couple stacks at same time. In the end you are probably going to be left with only earth daughters stack. When your goblins stack die off start using word of the chief and fear my roar on most powerfull stack to make them useless. If you make use of all those tips you should be able to win this battle with any setup u happend to have. If u happen to fail hopelessly you can go back to orc campaign and get kujin anti-dark magic skills with some leadership, sorcery, luck and war machines.

Ylaya fight: Enemy here is really weak copared to your army but if you have any truble... Having war machines or/and summoning magic helps bring down walls fast so you can overpower enemy with units. Rage of elements help to inflict more dmg both with spells and units. Remember about grim riders passive and wisely use your dragon stack.

Final battle (biara): Shouldnt be problem if you hav arcane omniscience and sar-issus/dwarven set on. Remember to visit all +morale/luck places before battle. Try to use enemy units instead of your own :) Since you have ultimate mage hero you will be able to win magic duel with biara. I presume you won all fights so that you have nice 4 stacks of tier 7 units in your army.

Right of the bat puppet master on 1 archdevils stack and blind other one (puppet master the one with higher initiative), use controlled archdevil stack to kill or block succubi stack, if you have expert sorcery and sar-issus set on then you will be able to keep 2 archdevils stacks down at all times and dispel biara magic or cast those nasty mass confussion/slow/summon phoenix/ divine vengance/mass buffs/anything else you have ( IF you have of course) If you keep at least one archdevils stack from using gate and you dont rush with your own units you should have this fight in bag.

Also If you are really bored by this mission, it can be easly rushed, just remeber to pick all joinable units and mercenaries.

By the way those were just one of many ways to win, cheers.

Melnorme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Melnorme » 25 Sep 2012, 20:40

Hey all, just registered to write how you can beat Biara as soon as you reach her town, meaning you can skip Kujin's and Ylaya's battles.

You will need Zehir with ultimate, or puppet master with expert dark, since otherwise you can't control level 7 units. He also had expert leadership with artificial glory and expert logistics with warpath, both of which were not very useful. His stats were level 32, 20/12/37/30. Mission was finished on month 2, week 1, day 5 and it is possible to do it sooner.

I actually first used a secondary suicide hero who also had ultimate, defense with last stand and 210 golems (30x7), and after seeing her actually win the battle decided to go with Zehir.

Basically, the key is to puppet archdemons and place them near golems in corner, after disposing of succubi first. All other enemy units are large and thus can't reach your golems. Interestingly enough, Biara casted puppet master on puppeted devils, but they were still under my control o.O, only their initiative was lower because her spellpower was lower. Otherwise, the battle would've been much more difficult.

I've linked replays at the bottom, but if you can't see them here is how the battle went:

- puppet arch demons. They are more useful than devils because of teleport pull.

- demons kill succubusses

- demons get teleported next to golems in corner

- demons proceed to teleport pull and kill everything, Zehir buffs them with haste, righteous might and divine strength.

- Biara sometimes puppets them, while Zehir was counterspelling or puppeting them back. It doesn't matter what he does past this point really.

- Eventually the demon stack got reduced to 9 so I puppeted one of the 3 pit lord stacks instead and killed demons with golems (lost 200 golems then but had over 200 remaining).

- Puppeted pit lords almost killed other two, who being reduced to stack size of 12 or so died to an armageddon. Battle ended there because no "real" stacks remained.

I've also included Wulfstan's and Freyda's battles. Both had ultimates although hers was useless. Contrary to what I read here, her retaliation damage was around 500 which barely puts a dent in anything. Still, both battles were very easy since for some reason enemy heroes never cast any dark magic spells.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25451165/Homm5/Freyda.sav

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25451165/Homm5/Wulfstan.sav

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25451165/Homm5/Zehir.sav

Edit: got the idea when first puppeted stack got next to golems by coincidence:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25451165/Homm5/Nur.sav

You can see I had no clue what I was doing although the lone golem standing there in the end looked pretty epic. Previous suicide hero got rid of the succubi and she was supposed to be the second. This was all on heroic 3.1 of course.
Edited on Tue, Sep 25 2012, 17:20 by Melnorme

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 19 Dec 2012, 04:21

mmontgomery at 2012-06-02 09:18 wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to dispose of Kujin's unwanted artifacts in her last mission? I have the enlightenment set, but I don't want it autoequiped in the last battle. Yet I can't find any way to get rid of it.

Go to any market, there are three tabs down the left side. the bottom tab lets you sell artifacts. You would be well advised to equip Kujin as though she were going into battle and then sell all her other artifacts.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 19 Dec 2012, 04:35

The last battle was more challenging than I remembered. I tried the first time with my academy troops and the arch angels and lava dragons (all good for morale's sake) and failed. (Hard not Heroic) I was concerned that I was going to have to go back and buy the storm titans every week!

I then tried it with all 5 stacks of my level 7 troops plus two level 6 stacks. I won an entertaining battle, not very efficiently. I twice had vampirism resisted by my cyclopses.

Some key moves were vampirism on my archangels, several shots of armagedon and toward the end I summoned a hive next to the succubi (they were the only thing in the castle by now). Of course I concentrated my attacks on the real troops and tried not to fight the summoned troops. I had 27 lava dragons left at the end.

I should have used Divine Vengeance but I forgot. I might have been able to just sit back and cast armagedon. The Black Dragons and Lava Dragons were immune and my two academy stacks had artifacts that gave 74% magic protection.

Tyber Zann
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tyber Zann » 05 Sep 2013, 07:07

Fun final mission, wierd ending (the unicorn empire. I guess the unicorn duchy that freyda is from is in charge now, but griffin empire just sounds better. Plus haven actually have griffins, elves use unicorns. Imagine it was the bull duchy in stead. The Bull empire!)

Personally, I found the demon Sovreign battle harder, simply because the fights where continuous (no saving) and no memory mentors meant "inferior" heroes.

I didn't know about the hero prep trick of interuppting ur blue heroes to change their gear/armies, so I went in as is (hard, not heroic).

I think Ylayas was the hardest (my Kujin had shatter dark, and my freyda got REALLY lucky with divine vengeance).

I was also a little cheeses that Raelag had no final appearance. The last time I saw him was with Isabel in HoF. He's like, the main character! Why doesn't he show up to make some smart ass comment in the final scene? Maybe Isabel finally figured out that it was him who killed her husband. Oh well, H 6 is a prequel anyway, so who knows what'll happen after this. Kha Baleth seems like.one of those bad guys wholl never really go away. Just one setback after another.

All in all, still loads of fun. I'm gonna have to go back and try Heroic on of these days

Nutu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nutu » 07 Sep 2013, 20:12

Please HELP!

I play on easy and it makes the game ridiculously difficult! I have the same problem that is already described below: Before the last battle I get only 37 of all the tier 7 troops, and I just simply can not win with them.

I have already tried everything... Any ideas?

Peredhil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Peredhil » 08 Sep 2013, 16:59

@Nutu

4 groups of tier 7 creatures added to your own Academy army should suffice.However,if you are really in trouble,remember that while Biara's army won't grow over time,the stacks in front of her castle will.So just wait a couple of weeks before adding them into your ranks and voila,problem solved.
Hard work is good for soul,but ale is better.

hprwhg12
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hprwhg12 » 10 Apr 2014, 18:37

Heroic 3.1

First I will say that other than maybe four missions and a couple battles in the entire homm 5 series that Heroes 3 campaign+expansions is significantly more difficult. Except Raelag C3M3 from homm 5 original. That is the hardest campaign EVER. The only thing that comes close is the final Fire Witch campaign from Armageddons Blade or the Academy with the guy who looks like Jordy from star trek ng and having to kill 3500 Naga and Naga Queens split into 4 stacks, limited resources, hordes of Fairy Dragons, and a time limit. That is still an epic heroes battle with those Nagas

The other thing making homm 3 more difficult is the factor that YOU created your own nemesis. They always had you do missions with the antagonist (Kreegan/Sandro) and you could help or hinder their build to determine the difficulty you would face.

So yes, 5 is pretty cool, but I still prefer 3 over all. There town portal + dimension door made you unstoppable. Not some wimpy instant travel crap that teleports you maybe four steps and may or may not work. Homm 6 has too many bugs that will never be fixed. Anyways just thought I would give props to the more superior game.

Just finished this for the fourth time I think. Always on heroic. This time was sickeningly easy. Not sure if it is because I have done this numerous times over the years or my particular build (Omnsicence, kept luck, Logistics) Luck helped a lot too. No other magic skill. Having all spells is good enough for me. I did switch logistics out for Leadership just before Biara battle though, so I could mix the Angels, Dragons, Cyclops, and Godzilla. 137 each. Along witht hese I brought 443 Air Elementals. My 89 Raksha whatever and 538 Magnetic Golems. Half the army is immune to Puppet master (she did use, but my magic mirror sent it else where). I also had 6 moral and 14 luck(I know it caps at 5 but I had luck almost every time I attacked) The Black dragons got pulled inside by Devils and did quite a lot of damage but were eliminated by the end. Angels got PM'ed and I cured with Vampirism. I put an arcane crystal next to Succubi, then had all my Air Elemental (443) make a suicide run to them. They turned into 56 Earth Elemental(ha), but all this stopped Succubi from shooting for three turns. at which point the vampirised Angels were inside and became unstoppable. The Godzillas were at the door(lost maybe half). The rest never got to do anything but wait. Oh yeah Banish does not work like it did getting rid of all gated it only takes like 4 away. Woohoo big whoop. lol.

Not once did the mini bosses cast Puppet Master this go around (lucky I know, I was quite surprised) A couple of Frenzies here and there. I ran over each battle with ease even with Freyda and Kujin. With Freyda I just gave her triple ballisitc/fire arrows and left the rest with what the game gave in her mission. Kujin I got shatter dark at the end of her mission. No problems. As for Ylaya and Wulfstan they were fine. although I hate that I was given people that I could not build and what happened to Arantir?What was the point of having an undead campaign if you are not gong to use them in final mission. So WTF? on that.

All in all on the entire map I lost 1 mage because assassins + resurrect don't mix well. I also lost 3 titans. With the positioning of my screen I did not see that I had lost them until battle was over with yellow Dungeon. Which I only used Raskha(Vampirism) and Titans for a little bit of support. But did not worry about it. I did not use them in final battle anyways. Good game it was very fun. Still not homm 3 though. Peace

vil2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vil2 » 07 Nov 2014, 22:55

I just finished it for the third time, third playthrough, this time on Heroic.

During the campaign, I was never bothered with the pesky PM strategy. Except for the final battle. On the other hand, I was not able to do the "hero stealing" (with Wulfstan, Gotai, etc) trick on the last map, I think this has been fixed. And Gotai has just one goblin, by the way...

For the last battle I tried several strategies but the only thing that worked for me is PM, PM, and PM again. All my troops waited outside. Please note I never took Arcane Omniscience so this is definitely NOT a mandatory skill.

I PM'ed the Archdevil stack, killed the succubi instantly. Then perma PM this stack, and carefully clean the troops inside the walls. When the Archdevils died, I PM'ed the horses, and cast Phantom forces on them, too.

So yeah, boring battle because my troops did not do anything except for waiting. Of course I lost some of them due to to some ballista shoots, and because he managed to PM my Archangel stack once, and did some damage with them. I chosed not to dispell them because I had to cast PM again before the Archdevil's turn. Not a bad choice, because he waited with the Archangels for many turns before acting.

Other strategies based on phenixes, arcane crystal, frenzy, vampirism, etc, nothing of that sort worked, his troops were just too strong for me.

I'm quite disappointed because I managed to finish the campaign within 320 days which is not too bad in my opinion. But my score is only 12000... A friend of mine did 19000+ within 450 days. I don't understand how the scoring works, I thought it was mainly based on the number of turns? I tried to rush but I visited most of the stat boosts. Maybe the best scores are obtained with full cleared maps, whatever the time it takes? Would be weird, but...

Anyway, can't decide which is better between HoMM3 and 5. I have just finished the 5 (vanilla, then HoF then ToE) after doing all the Homm3 episodes, including addons and the difficult Shadow of Death. What a long, strange trip it has been ! (2 years I guess, playing during travels and holidays...)

I will definitely start again someday!

Enjoy this game and thanks for all those guides, let's hope HoMM7 will be cool but I fear he won't...
Edited on Fri, Nov 07 2014, 18:02 by vil2

Return to “Articles”