Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Uncle JR
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Uncle JR » 26 Apr 2009, 11:25

I never did get the Arcane Omnipotence. However, I did have max summoning and max light, so when I got the tome of dark, along w/ the 900 cyclopses, it made the final battle a bit easier. Clone the 900 cyclopses, give the original stack vampirism, beam them in next to the succubi and it was a bit of a walk after that. (I just wanted to finish this thing!)

Can't thank you enough for the walkthroughs. They pulled my chestnuts out of the fire more than once.

Kulnaro
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kulnaro » 30 May 2009, 18:24

Has anyone else had this level glitch when summoning a lot of storm titans?

One week when I summoned titans they came with a warlock named plate. His picture is a green imp, but on the map and battle screen he is a UFO. He has suzerain specialty and his biography says "Unknown flight device from Persy 9th"

mobeen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mobeen » 05 Jun 2009, 13:38

phew! thanks malts for this great walkthrough without your help i would have never been able to finish the game.i will see you when HOMM6 OR another expansion comes out

VAMPSVSZOUNDS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby VAMPSVSZOUNDS » 01 Jul 2009, 10:05

Comments for fights(Hard,but it should be the same on Heroic):

1-Wulfstan,Death March+Rune of Battlerage*2(high Initiative-Thanes)+1 artie which improves knowledge =the easiest win.

2-Freyda-This was the hardest in my opinion.I was left with only the almost-intact Archangel and Inquisitor stacks(I left Champs at the gate and,even Vampirized,they were smacked by the enemy).I had Vampirism,Pm/Frenzy and Res(a waste of mana because Freyda had only 120 mana).As a last resort I had Guardian Angel.

3-Kujin-very easy fight,even with the enemy's onslaught of Frenzy(His Spellpower was lower than 0 due to his Spellpower=4 and Might over magic).Her stats/abilities:Luck/Morale 3,Atk-40+,Def,Knowledge-20+,Spellpower 11,Shatter Dark(Expert).She survived with 200+ earth daughters,2k+ goblins,25 Bloodeye Cyclops and 10 Untamed Cyclops(I killed 2k hounds,1,5 k cerberi/firehounds,400 hellchargers,60+archdevils,120 pitlords). Ylaya will never fight (I used Gotay with 170 Chieftains,35 untameys for the gatedestruction,900 cyclops)but it would be easy anyway.Okay,towards Biara now!

conan222
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby conan222 » 14 Aug 2009, 11:08

HELP!!!!!! Please!

I'm using patch 3.1 on hard.

I cannot win with Kujin, I tried everything what can be read here.

I'm desperate!

Please help!!!
Edited on Fri, Aug 14 2009, 07:10 by conan222

ylayarocks
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ylayarocks » 30 Aug 2009, 00:11

@conan222 : when the time has come for the orc heroes to fight, just keep clicking to the ground near ur hero until u can control them,then give kujin's army to gotai, and let gotai fight for u,not kujin. Just click the ground as if u command ur hero to move just like u always did. But when clicking, u have to click as fast for many times as u can, ... Furiously. Until u gain control one of them (the one who'll run towards the castle) in ur case,pick kujin then do the fast-n-furious-clicking thing... Not a single click,nor double, but a hell-lots-of clicks, click them F.A.S.T!! Good luck,and congrates. :D

ylayarocks
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ylayarocks » 30 Aug 2009, 00:26

i've finished tote on easy level. Now i intend to re-play it at higher level difficulties...but without causing any ache to my head..i'm a fair and honest player, err..is there any cheat codes for tote? Lol.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 22 Sep 2009, 00:23

I thought I made an interesting choice of artifacts for the final battle. Zahir already had 1410 mana so I didn't need the Ring of Sar-Isuss. I used the dwarven set, the Staff of the Netherworld and the Cloak of Deaath's Shadow, the Ring of the Broken Will and Cursed Ring. The necklace and pocket slots weren't very helpful. Along with the ability Dead Man's Luck on top of all the enemy negative artifacts, Biara'a troops all had -2 morale, -5 luck, -20% inititive and -1 speed.

I got scared at the point where a window popped up asking me if I wanted to flee, but careful accounting revealed my real troops (once I could get PM off one stack) was superior to Biara's real troops. It worked out. I used a lot of PM on her troops and she used a lot of mass confusion along with her own dose of PM here and there.

Great walkthrough, maltz, thanks!

Vampirlord17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vampirlord17 » 30 Nov 2009, 22:22

why could i not control any hero to go out of the stairs? is it because of the patch 3.1? And i couldnt even use that cyclops tactic, so i skipped millions of turns. and i made it to escape from deleb, because i would have lost too many, as their ghost horses pass the field in 1 run, and kill all shooters of any kind even the 20 storm lords.

can someone tell me why did that all didnt work for me?i couldt escape trouth the stairs and all :(

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 26 Dec 2009, 13:23

If you absolutely can't win with Kujin on 3.1, where u can't stop heroes, well, have a look at the first quarter: there's a tavern to hire heroes, hopefully a high level hero left by you to mentor them out and give them armageddon/word of light/puppet master/arcane crystal/summon hive or something(there are also some arcane libraries exactly for this purpose), and a memory mentor to get proper skills(be it dark/last stand/destructive/light/triple flaming ballista or whatever) plus Zehir has plenty of magnetics if you go for armageddon. With this stream of suicide heroes you should be able to beat Biara before Kujin's fight.
Edited on Sun, Dec 27 2009, 14:47 by Maciek

Lanamelakh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lanamelakh » 30 Dec 2009, 12:20

In version 3.1 Kujin battle may seem difficult, but when you understand the tactics of your opponent, it becomes very, very simple. Now, what we have:

1) a lot of doggies - main force

2) some succubies - 1st thing to destroy

3) some archdevils - 2nd thing to destroy

4) horsies - your key to win

First of all, as you may notice, computer has thousands of 3 level creatures (doggies) and they are eager to get closer + they have gating. Second there are succubies with very bad special abbility. Third - archdevils and they can summon pit lords.

Tactics:

a) Put cyclops in the corner and goblins between them. Make sure that untamed cyclops are closer to gates.

b) Don't destroy the walls.

c) Use chieftain's special abbility on goblins, so that their turn would be before your opponent's turn.

d) Goblins spoil magics

e) Cyclops attack the succubies

f) Frighten the succubies, don't let them make their turn

g) Your goal is to block nightmares in the gates with your untamed cyclops, so that cerberi won't reach your main forces. If cerberi block the way to gates, frighten them with your warcry

h) If you have nightmares in the gates and cyclops blocking them - you are doing fine, Computer will atack your cyclops with archdevils. Destroy them.

i) Now the key to victory is by blocking the gates and atacking cerberi. Don't bother yourself with summoned cerberi

sammar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sammar » 14 Jan 2010, 02:14

QUESTION: I am at the final battle, however, I only got the reinforcement about 37 for reach tier 7 instead of 100+, anyone knows why? many thanks.

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 14 Jan 2010, 21:44

well, on easy all neutral stacks, including reinformances you pick on the way and those 4 stacks are much smaller and grow slower than on heroic difficulty that this walkthrough is based at

Stagedrengen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stagedrengen » 24 Jan 2010, 13:11

I have a serious problem i only play on easy and even so i cant win with kujin because of those dogs an my untamed cyclops never manage to get to the gate. Help me please.

And also how do i get the 500 cyclops?

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 24 Jan 2010, 18:49

this should work for just about any kujin build(what skills do u have btw?):

1. do NOT field centaurs and put goblins far from cyclopses and anything that is likety to get seduced

2. keep goblins alive

3. keep defiling magic on enemy

4. don't try to get into the castle with your units

5. destroy demons(succubi last! - then enemy meele units won't move at all) with horde's anger;

oh, and remember that if u defend or wait, orcs loose rage(it can absorb tons of damage); about cyclopses: as said in comments several times already, the fact that u could stop heroes on their way to inferno castles was a bug and has been fixed as of patch 3.1;

jjarmusch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jjarmusch » 16 Feb 2010, 04:49

Mini-Boss Fight (Ylaya) walkthrough

Mini-boss fight Ylaya's walkthrough part is not correct in my opinion. I played the game on Heroic, and instead of gambling on whether the AI will camp or rush out (if I follow the walkthrough, they actually always camp in…), you better rush in your troops first! Goal here is to throw your raiders pass the gate as soon to take the succubus mistress stack over and counter its silly ranged attack power.

Brisk raiders and blood fury will be your main attacking force, black dragons once the walls passed will act as a bait for inferno creatures, assassins will use ranged attack to first poison high initiative chargers and doggies then later on arch demon and pit lord, shadow matriarchs will cast righteous might and slow spells as well as some ranged attacks at the end of the fight, 2 stacks of hydras would be of no use if not for blocking the gate and take damage.

If you meticulously follow the plan below, Nebiros will keep casting slow on your troops, which doesn’t bother you since he gives up on phantom forces for succubus mistress, and since your dark elfs army’s initiative is originaly high, it’s perfect. Also you ll keep almost intact your stack of assassins to poison inferno creatures, while your stack of shadow matriarchs will cast righteous might and slow spells around. Somehow, light magic here will prove more usefull than other magic for Ylaya to use.

-move your Blood fury stack to the gate to make hell stallion stack come out to charge you.

-Poison hell stallion stack with assassins

-hell stallion will charge blood fury, resulting in fear effect for blood fury, now leaving the way for your brisk raiders to charge.

-charge with brisk raiders

-use matriarchs to kill the 44 hell stalions remaining at the gate

-Ylana casts righteous might on brisk raiders

-Move the black dragons to the breach your catapult has made in the walls

-Inferno hero will cast slow on raiders, therefore pass on phantom forces for succubus! It is your chance.

-Inferno creatures will attack black dragons, keeping way for your brisk raiders to move forward

-Brisk raiders attack 1k fire hounds with wheeling attack dealing extra bonus, occupy 4 tiles right on the left of fire hounds, so that arch devils cannot come to block your way to the succubus mistress

-Again move blood sisters to the open gate

-Ylana casts vulnerability on succubus mistress

-Poison fire hounds

-Ylana casts empowered deep freeze on succubus mistress to delay their turn

-Shadow matriarchs casts slow on succubus mistress, so that now their turn is delayed and come just after brisk raider’s turn

-Blood sister attack pit lord or hell fire

-Black dragons defend

-Poison with assassins

-Charge with brisk raiders, thankfully the Luck effect triggers, and there is a good chance that you kill 600 units in the attack, then succubus mistress attack brisk raiders who retaliates for another 300 victims. Death toll of the operation for succubus: 900 victims…

-Ylara casts endurance on brisk raiders, who at that time might still number at around 250

-Blood fury attack arch devil

-Shadow matriarchs cast righteous might on blood fury

-Poison arch demon with assassins

-Dragons defend

-Ylaya casts endurance on blood fury

-Brisk raiders hit succubus

-Blood fury hit arch demon

-Nebiros starts casting Armaggedon

-Assassins poison hell hounds

-Ylaya casts empowered deep freeze on hell hounds to delay their turn

-Shadow matriarchs ranged attack pit lord and kill the stack

-Dragons attack arch demon and kill the stack

-blood fury attack fire hounds and kill the stack

-brisk raiders attack hell hounds using wheeling attack and kill the stack

it’s over!

It might not be the perfect way to win the fight, but in my opinion it makes well enough for an easy win.

jjarmusch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jjarmusch » 16 Feb 2010, 05:58

Mini-Boss Fight (Ylaya) walkthrough

Mini-boss fight Ylaya's walkthrough part is not correct in my opinion. I played the game on Heroic, and instead of gambling on whether the AI will camp or rush out (if I follow the walkthrough, they actually always camp in…), you better rush in your troops first! Goal here is to throw your raiders pass the gate as soon to take the succubus mistress stack over and counter its silly ranged attack power.

Brisk raiders and blood fury will be your main attacking force, black dragons once the walls passed will act as a bait for inferno creatures, assassins will use ranged attack to first poison high initiative chargers and doggies then later on arch demon and pit lord, shadow matriarchs will cast righteous might and slow spells as well as some ranged attacks at the end of the fight, 2 stacks of hydras would be of no use if not for blocking the gate and take damage.

If you meticulously follow the plan below, Nebiros will keep casting slow on your troops, which doesn’t bother you since he gives up on phantom forces for succubus mistress, and since your dark elfs army’s initiative is originaly high, it’s perfect. Also you ll keep almost intact your stack of assassins to poison inferno creatures, while your stack of shadow matriarchs will cast righteous might and slow spells around. Somehow, light magic here will prove more usefull than other magic for Ylaya to use.

-move your Blood fury stack to the gate to make hell stallion stack come out to charge you.

-Poison hell stallion stack with assassins

-hell stallion will charge blood fury, resulting in fear effect for blood fury, now leaving the way for your brisk raiders to charge.

-charge with brisk raiders

-use matriarchs to kill the 44 hell stalions remaining at the gate

-Ylana casts righteous might on brisk raiders

-Move the black dragons to the breach your catapult has made in the walls

-Inferno hero will cast slow on raiders, therefore pass on phantom forces for succubus! It is your chance.

-Inferno creatures will attack black dragons, keeping way for your brisk raiders to move forward

-Brisk raiders attack 1k fire hounds with wheeling attack dealing extra bonus, occupy 4 tiles right on the left of fire hounds, so that arch devils cannot come to block your way to the succubus mistress

-Again move blood sisters to the open gate

-Ylana casts vulnerability on succubus mistress

-Poison fire hounds

-Ylana casts empowered deep freeze on succubus mistress to delay their turn

-Shadow matriarchs casts slow on succubus mistress, so that now their turn is delayed and come just after brisk raider’s turn

-Blood sister attack pit lord or hell fire

-Black dragons defend

-Poison with assassins

-Charge with brisk raiders, thankfully the Luck effect triggers, and there is a good chance that you kill 600 units in the attack, then succubus mistress attack brisk raiders who retaliates for another 300 victims. Death toll of the operation for succubus: 900 victims…

-Ylara casts endurance on brisk raiders, who at that time might still number at around 250

-Blood fury attack arch devil

-Shadow matriarchs cast righteous might on blood fury

-Poison arch demon with assassins

-Dragons defend

-Ylaya casts endurance on blood fury

-Brisk raiders hit succubus

-Blood fury hit arch demon

-Nebiros starts casting Armaggedon

-Assassins poison hell hounds

-Ylaya casts empowered deep freeze on hell hounds to delay their turn

-Shadow matriarchs ranged attack pit lord and kill the stack

-Dragons attack arch demon and kill the stack

-blood fury attack fire hounds and kill the stack

-brisk raiders attack hell hounds using wheeling attack and kill the stack

it’s over!

It might not be the perfect way to win the fight, but in my opinion it makes well enough for an easy win.

obanvar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby obanvar » 28 Jun 2010, 05:23

I just won Biara on Normal, 3.1. It was not that difficult at all. If you have a good Zehir build (these walkthroughs are pretty good example) you should have no problems. Cast Mass Slow at the begining, then Mass Confusion, but above all DON'T RUSH IN WITH YOUR UNITS!!, just keep defending. Zehir is a WIZARD (and a huge one), use your specialty to win!! Cast Blind on the Succubi to keep them aside while you cast Puppet Master on the most powerful Arch Demon (or Arch Devil) stack and use it to kill the Pit Lords and Nightmares. When your Arch stack gets little, cast PM on the other Arch stack (which probably is full, since you had not touched it) and go on killing till only the Succubi remain. Kill them, then give the final blow to the Arch stack with your real units :)

I didn't like the finale though, I was a little disappointed, there was no cinematics :'(

Shimdra
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shimdra » 04 Jul 2010, 05:00

The final battle with Biara was nigh impossible. I'm not sure what circumstances any one else had when fighting her, but she had the Shield of Dwarven Kings making Frenzy impossible. Also, since Puppet Master didn't effect tier 7 units, the 2 stacks of 100 devils (Plus the 80 x 2 that gated in) and 180 each of pit creatures (plus 150 x 2 gated) plowed through my units before they had a chance to do any significant damage. I attacked in month 3, so I can't imagine how strong she would have been if I had waited any longer. ( I should note that I did not have Arcane Omniscience as it was too much work to get a skill that left me without specialization in other fields. I instead substituted with tome of dark magic and expert summoning/destructive.) Looks to me the odds are much MUCH better on higher difficulties on account of larger neutral stacks joining. (Rather than 112 of each unit in the picture above I received 75.)

I had enough dragon artifacts equipped to get the bonuses to tier 7 units and the sar-issus items (save for the helm). I had expert luck + warlock's luck, Expert summoning, expert destructive, expert sorcery, expert enlightenment. Luck was my only equalizer since it provided double damage nearly every turn. I defeated all castles handily, so I got a stack of 75 of each tier 7 creature. I had 52 storm titans [+luck +initiative +attack artifact] , 71 brown catmen (sue me) [+luck +attack +defense artifact], and 111 battle mages. Visited enough bonuses to give me +4 morale and + 7 luck. Level 31. I also had the Rune of flame which provided a one-time tactical Double strike for the lava dragons.

In the end it came down to Equipping the ring of speed pilfered from an anemy hero, which more than anything, shifted the ATB bar, thus the positions of Biara's troops when they left thier castle walls. I also managed (with some persistence) to keep Puppet Master on the stack of 400 nightmares (for what it was worth, I managed to halve the stack.) Then I PMd the Pit casters before they could summon reinforcements while summoning the pheonix to take retaliation strikes from big units. Biara on Normal has a love for cleansing, so puppet master didn't usually last long. (What it did do however is occasionally coax biara into attacking directly instead of casting her second favorite spell Confusion.) Dead stacks provided me air elementals which I used to block my lava dragons (equipped with arcane armor.)

Finally it was just 11 lava dragons, Puppet master, a mediocre stack of air elementals, and two very large stacks of pit demons. Dragons sat back and absorbed Biara's ire while the elementals blocked the non-PMd stack of pit demons. After much toil and labor, victory! And babies. LOTS AND LOTS OF BABIES

ultimitsu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ultimitsu » 07 Jul 2010, 02:45

what i find is that there is no point in getting ultimate for zehir, i had his ultimate and it was useless for most major fights, because with huge stack of units, destructive and summon magic are useless, while moral is much more important. my first try on biara failed quickly, so i spend sometime designed a better zehir.

my final built had dark magic (M.pain, M.mind, C.soil), light magic (M.bless, M.wrath, S.wind for slowdown devil) Leadersip (secondary abilities are all useless, but +3 moral is vital in final battle), Defense (evasion, protection, laststand, my plan was resurrect last stand unit, but i dont think i actually did), attack (frenzy, archery, flaming arrow. I was debating between attack and sorcery, i decided on attack because attack gives me +15% attack for all my units, while socery gives me +30% for just zehir himself, and all my units combined must do more than zehir.

once you got your city, never carry any mage and titans when you go around killing wild monsters, this way you perserve all mage and titans for final battle. i ended up with 137 shadow matriarchs (from secondary objective) + 120 mages + 65 titans + 4 tier 7 stacks, i waited for about a month after they appear, so by the time i used them they were 94 each instead of 75 as they initially appeared.

With this build, i was able to take down biara fairly easily, i am not sure what i did, but this time none of her creatured used gating!

Kujin's fight was by far the hardest, u really had to rely very heavily on earth daughters and keep goblin numbers high, it was also rather boring as you had onlt one particular way to play.

Return to “Articles”