Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → The Bull's W

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
merkantini
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby merkantini » 17 Nov 2007, 06:16

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/713

merkantini
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby merkantini » 17 Nov 2007, 06:16

Wow Maltz! My compliments for another superb walkthrough!

The only thing I would like to point out is about the Witch hut, I think it largely depends on luck if you get a good skill or a crappy one, because in my game instead of Destructive Magic I got a very useful Sorcery skill there!

IMHO another thing to notice is that in ToE, Witch huts and other "free" skill upgrades become extremely useful, even in the case of a very useless skill, because this skill it could be turned later on into something really good thanks to the Memory mentor!

I think it mainly comes useful in campaings where the heroes carry over, so for example you could take a useless skill anyway earlier on for turning it into something good later on, mainly if you already know that in that stage or in one of the next there will be a Memory Mentor, where you could turn it into something really cool for just some gold. This way we could say that every time you hit a witch hut you get the extra skill of your choice! Cool! :-)
Edited on Sat, Nov 17 2007, 01:22 by merkantini

norton
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby norton » 17 Dec 2007, 13:39

I had a problem with this mission. I attacked town "D", but nor Orlando, neither else, but monsters (soldiers) defended it. I killed all defenders and nothing happened. Nothing! I had my army there, the walls broken down, no enemy alive and I didn't know what to do, because the battle didn't end. Could you explain that? Did I forget something?

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 03 Feb 2009, 14:55

the stack in (5) doesnt need any mind spells, I did it with some vampires and 1x1 blocker guys, it's easy: large creatures can only attack your vampires 1 by 1. It takes a bit of effort keeping them alive but then it becomes easy when you wore the stack down. Had a lot of princes by then anyway now that I think about it.

Anyhow, it was very easy.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 04 Feb 2009, 09:40

What I did was: (on heroic)

1) took the stacks between, but headed right for the town

2) bought some more heroes (for later chaining + the usual secondary things... a tip: try to get Zoltan and level him with scholar and magic)

3) killed (2), (6) and (3) and took all the goodies including the dwellings (all of these were really easy fights with no casualties - I don't have the saves with me, but if I can recall, the most advanced tricks I was using were smart covering of skeleton archer, use of skeleton warriors for ranged shield and using vampires effectively)

4) took out (7) because of the fancy artifact and the set bonus (-1 speed!!!! is the main strength of the artifact set which comes by just the 2nd piece, I used it as 2*2 a lot of time, unless I had to raise ofc)

the fight with (7) was the only challenging fight on the map

To win this, you have to consider that if you can kill the champion stack and the zealots, the fight is over. Killing the zealots is top priority because they can really mess you up with their spellcasting and/or their ranged attack: they might kill your single stacks. So I put the skeleton archers into the corner and made sure I could cover them from champions (the usual two hex lose coverage), put the vampires and the zombies to somewhere safe. Killed zealots asap then kept shooting champions while with nice tactics I managed to hold my archers covered from the vindicators with my zombies and the remaining single stacks.

Eventually, they broke through, but by then the champions were goners and the vindicators provided an easy hit-and-run (I even managed to sneak my zombie stack away from them: obviously, I had to revive my vampires, they were dead by then)

Then I cleared all the other strong stacks and headed straight south (other heroes kept assisiting and collecting/transferring creatures). I upgraded creatures at the hill fort (I probably used vampire lords here, but obviously I kept using princes throughout the whole campaign: they have 8 speed which is a huge bonus).

Then I went straight ahead and took all the red towns in a row. The only remaining problem was to use movement points effectively (and visit enough guilds) and to try and make Zoltan scholar+expert magic (I failed on that: he was never offered the right skills). Used 3 armies from then on: vampires for the girl, some stacks of junk for the boy, and master liches plus a strong stack to resurrect for Zoltan (on whom I failed scholar...).

In the end, it was a straight walk to the end. I never met any red heroes except in their towns (Ornella got death march for siege and the skill to get extra moves after fights, the scouting+extra scouting skills for Arantir)

some_pete
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby some_pete » 27 Jun 2009, 16:44

No need to hire a second hero to ferry troops in: caravan them. A second hero will come in handy though for the windmills. Because I wanted Ornella to maximize her spellbook I had to return to the old castle a few times in any event as I was upgrading the guild, so I could pick converted troops up at that point. As for the battle at (3): I did it early - after exploring to 'c' and 'd' on the map and a couple of visits back to the castle. Vampire Lords to do the damage and magic to hinder and impede the opposition. Skeleton Archers as bait ... those battle griffons go down comparatively easily, the Zealots' spells and toughness are the problem, always.

F_I_X_E_R
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby F_I_X_E_R » 24 Aug 2009, 20:05

Nooo. I missed the Staff of the Netherworld :(((( I completed the mission with only 3/4 of the set. I'm too lazy to redo the mission, It'll be just too frustrating. Isn't there any chance to get the staff in future missions? Artifact merchants?

kadjii
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kadjii » 26 Oct 2009, 03:53

One word: Decay

Use it to beat the battle at 5 early and take the final castle.

Also you can pick of both of the enlightenment artifacts (scale mail & helm) which will carry over to the next scenario.

And, well, I experienced something while playing this map that is not discussed here. I received 40,000 gold and lots of resources when Arantir came in--- this happen to everyone else??

pizzoffper
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pizzoffper » 20 Dec 2009, 15:53

Help. I can't complete the mission. I've done everything required. But when I tried to attack the last town (D), I couldn't attack it. The game just wouldn't let me. When I double click the town, nothing happens. I can sit in the town just like I own it, but it isn't mine. I've already captured the other 2 towns. Must I do something before I am allowed to capture the last town?

Shimdra
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shimdra » 07 Jun 2010, 18:53

None of the neutral stacks posed a problem at any point. Not even the impressive final-battle-sized neutral stack south of C sporting among other things a stack of 50 tier 6 renegade units was a threat in the face of mass decay. It also helped that I was able to learn a lot of high level dark magic spells from the haven mage guilds along the way.

Another thing to note is the stack at 5 is probably the third.. maybe fourth strongest stack on the map. I was able to take it with minimal loss with just the troops I had a acquired from my trip and one ferried set from a secondary hero before turning south to meet the stack. After the cutscene Arantir had enough points to challenge a hero sitting sideways at the teleporter (probably placed there and not scripted to go through yet.) Red never had the opportunity to use it.

Final battle was a mess of mass dark magic. Sure even stacks of 60 archliches and 1400 skeleton archers didn't do much damage, but mass decay and curse of the netherworld made life miserable for them... literally. :P

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 01 Jan 2014, 20:42

"Help. I can't complete the mission. I've done everything required. But when I tried to attack the last town (D), I couldn't attack it. The game just wouldn't let me. When I double click the town, nothing happens. I can sit in the town just like I own it, but it isn't mine. I've already captured the other 2 towns. Must I do something before I am allowed to capture the last town?"

I had the same problem with another town but I have a clue of the reason. I defeated the guy wearing the dragon scale artifact just before the gates of the city so the artifact dropped in the ground and I had to pick it up. For some reason that square is disabled then and you can't attack the town now. Maybe it's just the same that happened to you but in front of the final town.

vil2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vil2 » 18 Jul 2014, 08:55

I would recommend NOT to use the Upgrade Fort.

By doing so Ornella was more powerful but as I went to the Fort, a strong Haven army led by Dougal used the portal and started to roam in this area. I was unable to upgrade the troops I recruited during the subsequent weeks...

Fortunately, I went back to my town, managed to upgrade a few dwellings (the Gem penury is problematic), sacrified my mule hero and put Ornella behind the city walls.

Thanks to Frenzy and PM, the huge haven army fled just before loosing. Dougal had 30 red angels, 60 paladins and the adequate army. He has decent stats (although he is level 9) so he was far better than me, especially after casting all his buffs. First time I tried to fight him outside, and barely won. But behind the city wall it was far more easier.

So definitely, do not rush for the upgrade fort, just focus on economy (I had two bags of gold) and build your upgraded dwellings asap or you will have too many different troops for the defense...

I think that a better overall strategy would be to rush for those high level dark magic spells (frenzy/PM) and kill the south angel stack at 5 ASAP. By doiing so, you get Arantir back and assemble the necromancer's set much more quickly, which in my opinion gives you a better advantage against AI than upgraded troops.
Edited on Fri, Jul 18 2014, 04:57 by vil2

Return to “Articles”