Discources of Fans and Publishers

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Discources of Fans and Publishers

Unread postby Angelspit » 31 Jan 2006, 15:44

When the News Suppression Pact was announced on Sunday, there was almost a riot. For a moment, some people wondered if a second Forge war was about to start. Were the petition and the coverage it received enough to get our message to Ubisoft, or was it better to put even more pressure? One thing is sure, the <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/1138544091">debate surrounding the Pact</a> will remain a classic thread.

One of the participants of the debate, Corribus, was very active and supported the SaveHeroes movement and the Pact during a good part of the day. His experience gave him the idea to go back to his old column on Celestial Heavens, Discources of Might and Magic. In the new entry, <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/465">Heroes V is Almost Here! ... Or is it?</a>, Corribus shares with us his thoughts on the debate, from the original forum petition to the announcement of the delay on Monday.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/465
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Heroes V is Almost Here! ... Or is it?

Unread postby wimfrits » 31 Jan 2006, 16:36

A very very enjoyable read.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

MT Silver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MT Silver » 31 Jan 2006, 16:52

Some very interesting points here... Did we do it or did Ubisoft do it? That is the question...

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 31 Jan 2006, 17:21

Let's just hope that the game is not crap when it launches. Just because it's delayed doesn't mean that some sort of divine intervention occured, they still have to make a quality title.

BTW, good read.
Hell has frozen over...

GTNomad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby GTNomad » 31 Jan 2006, 17:23

Well, we can be sure that UBI aren’t upsetting the fans by delaying the game.
Edited on Tue, Jan 31 2006, 10:35 by GTNomad

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Heroes V is Almost Here! ... Or is it?

Unread postby Corribus » 31 Jan 2006, 17:24

Derek wrote:Let's just hope that the game is not crap when it launches. Just because it's delayed doesn't mean that some sort of divine intervention occured, they still have to make a quality title.
Of course... which is why all the "H5 is Saved" fanfare is maybe a bit premature. It could be Ubisoft is intending to take the extra time to really screw the game up to punish us for throwing such a fuss. ;)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 31 Jan 2006, 17:28

The "Has Been Saved" headline was my idea. It was an exciting day and I wanted a catchy title. But it was more a reference to the domain name (saveheroes.org) than a claim that the delay means a perfect game. I would maybe use something different if I had to do it again.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 31 Jan 2006, 17:33

An interesting read, to say the least. Can we expect more installations in the series?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 31 Jan 2006, 17:51

Gaidal Cain wrote:An interesting read, to say the least. Can we expect more installations in the series?
I hope so. This was just too good a topic to pass up :-D .
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rhutobello » 31 Jan 2006, 18:50

Cheers for a well thought and well written epic about the battle for HoMM5 and (maybe) the power of consumers.:)

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 31 Jan 2006, 19:20

Corribus wrote:The fact that Ubisoft has constantly solicited our opinions and worked with us during the development of H5 (and particularly, the month-long public beta test) has gone very much unmentioned or unnoticed by just about everyone here.
That is one GOOD observation. Great article!
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Jan 2006, 20:30

Havent got enough time to finish your product?Then use the new Nival tactics!Make the fans work for you and pressure your publisher to give you more time!Open your own beta today,and give them crap! :devil:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Jan 2006, 21:09

Great work Corribus! Keep it up ;)

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 31 Jan 2006, 21:19

theLuckyDragon wrote:
Corribus wrote:The fact that Ubisoft has constantly solicited our opinions and worked with us during the development of H5 (and particularly, the month-long public beta test) has gone very much unmentioned or unnoticed by just about everyone here.
That is one GOOD observation. Great article!
It just struck me while i was writing the article that nobody has really even brought up the fact that we have a beta test at all. That's not really something 3DO ever did - at least not to this extent - to my knowledge.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, btw.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 31 Jan 2006, 21:38

Excellent writing Corribus! A brilliant essay on what may go down as one of the great events--and mysteries--in the history of HoMM. One small point though—it was Heroes IV and Might and Magic *IX*, not X. Sadly there is no MMX yet. :(
Image Image Image

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Heroes V is Almost Here! ... Or is it?

Unread postby Corribus » 31 Jan 2006, 22:00

Kareeah Indaga wrote:Excellent writing Corribus! A brilliant essay on what may go down as one of the great events--and mysteries--in the history of HoMM. One small point though—it was Heroes IV and Might and Magic *IX*, not X. Sadly there is no MMX yet. :(
Thanks for the comment, and thanks for pointing out the error. I will fix it directly!

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 01 Feb 2006, 01:54

Nice piece, especially the 'n.b.'s. I just love it when you start spouting Latin.

One note is that 3DO was already in serious trouble when Heroes IV came out. If they had had the resources, they may well have waited to release it until it was ready. I suppose devoting resources to the half-assed supplements was another act of desperation. Cave Canum.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Eredain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Eredain » 01 Feb 2006, 15:57

How many offline games has public betas actually? Maybe the beta was imbalanced and that things (i was unlucky and forgot to download when it became public) but we have a beta and thanks to that this great comunity could do one thing that i never thought i could happen. Great read and congrats to all the comunity.

Return to “Articles”