Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
namostmareleg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby namostmareleg » 21 Nov 2007, 09:14

"So, in summary (for heroic):

- If you can't get triple ballista and flaming arrows by the time your hero reaches level 10, you have to restart.

- If teal attacks before month 3, you have to restart.

- If teal won't attack you in a city, you have to restart. "

None of this is true. You don't need ballista at all, teal hero can be beaten on week 5-6 without any serious casualties, and where he will attack you is up to you.

"None of your strategies will work that early! One of you had 51 sky daughters and other had lots of Wyverns. Sorry, but you didn't have them in week 4."

As i recall, i beat teal's hero with the army i had left after clearing the garrison, maybe a little more. About 10 wywerns, and something like 15 sky daughters. After i took the brown town he came immediately, i couldn't even clear the brown territory, just run a little circle for mines/gold etc. The only real difference at that point was that i was defending in the brown town, not in the orange one.

So i suppose i could have survived an earlier teal attack, too.

Just read, as we said, if you can kill the catapult before your walls are destroyed, you're good to go, the only stack you have to deal with is the wywerns. And if you too have wywerns, the enemy hero will probably start attacking them, minimizing your losses even further, since they regenerate. Or you can try that flaming ballista, or some other strategy.
Edited on Wed, Nov 21 2007, 04:15 by namostmareleg

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 21 Nov 2007, 20:21

So, you disagree with me and then agree...... You got teal to attack you in a city. I said that was necessary. Also, if you had 10 upgraded Wyverns (had to be upgraded if they regenerate) and Sky Daughters (also an upgrade), you were not in week 4. I'm curious how you killed 17+ foul Wyverns with no ballista and a weak army, not to mention the 10 cyclops, 200 upgraded Centaurs, etc. Were you really on heroic? This doesn't seem consistent with what anyone here has said.

Lastly, how can you say that you can decide where teal will attack you? He happened to attack you in the brown city. Great for you! But you didn't decide that, the AI did. More frequently, for me, he would not attack me in a city at all and just flagged everything and then attacked my other city.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 22 Nov 2007, 01:40

If you are much weaker than the AI they will attack you in town. So you still have a little control over that.

The "successful stories" usually don't suggest week4-5 Teal (as their army is too good for that). The ballista may be the best solution for an 'on-time" Teal if you can take the brown town before the end of week 4 (like in my game) and hire the fresh units of week 5, and are just weak enough for Teal to attack you and lose to you.

namostmareleg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby namostmareleg » 23 Nov 2007, 03:13

"Also, if you had 10 upgraded Wyverns (had to be upgraded if they regenerate)"

No, normal wywerns do regenerate, too. Seems like to me, people haven't yet discovered their true value in early battles ;)

"and Sky Daughters (also an upgrade), you were not in week 4."

As i've said it was the end of week 5. But i barely lost anything in that battle, which led me to the assumption that he could be beaten on week 4, too. Not to mention the "running in circles" strategy written in the walkthrough. Oh, one suggestion: it's not worth wasting gold on building the cyclops caves since you won't nearly have enough gold to buy them, anyways.

"I'm curious how you killed 17+ foul Wyverns with no ballista and a weak army, not to mention the 10 cyclops, 200 upgraded Centaurs, etc. Were you really on heroic? This doesn't seem consistent with what anyone here has said."

As more people have said, you only have to deal with the wywerns and the centaurs, nothing more, since they can't come through your walls. I don't remember he had that much centaurs, but should i send a savegame for you to believe that he can be beaten or what?

"Lastly, how can you say that you can decide where teal will attack you? He happened to attack you in the brown city. Great for you! But you didn't decide that, the AI did. More frequently, for me, he would not attack me in a city at all and just flagged everything and then attacked my other city."

That's probably because you are too powerful for him to attack you in a town. You know, on heroic you are usually outnumbered enough for the enemy to chase you and attack you as soon as they can. So you do decide where to lead teal, actually. Later, as your army is growing, the purple boats usually try to avoid your main hero and go for the easier targets. It's all pretty simple, i have a strong feeling that the AI is not a single bit more complicated than it was back in Heroes 3.

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 27 Nov 2007, 00:33

I stand corrected on the Wyverns, sorry. I agree with Maltz completely. A very well-timed, week 6, teal attack can be repelled if you already have the brown town and can get teal to attack you there and you have ballista. So, I guess if I had said "If teal attacks before week 6" (instead of week 9), we all would have agreed, since we're still saying teal needs to attack you in a city and you need ballista.

My initial point was that I was attacked in week 4 multiple times and had to restart every time, which was completely driven by bad AI.

Anyway, enough on this topic.

Cem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cem » 20 Jan 2008, 12:37

can you please tell me if there heroes are being transfered to other campaign

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 20 Jan 2008, 17:01

Kujin will be transfered to map 4 and then to the final scenario.

Gottaï will be used in maps 3 and 5 again then to the final scenario too.

Twizlled
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Twizlled » 05 Feb 2008, 17:29

Ok i cant seem to summon a boat why??

Twizlled
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Twizlled » 05 Feb 2008, 18:13

I cant seem to summon a boat and there is no one left to battle to build up any more of my heros.... any suggestions?

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 05 Feb 2008, 18:49

Didy you buy the talismans to summon boat? I know it's trivial, but sometimes everyone can forget such things.

Twizlled
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Twizlled » 05 Feb 2008, 19:22

well it hasnt been avail yet

Twizlled
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Twizlled » 06 Feb 2008, 17:51

Well i been sitting at this artifact booth for over a year now and no summon boat has appeared, i have also used up all my shuffles in abilities gained.....Please dont say i have to do this all over again....All i have to do is elimate teal and im done with this part of campain plz help!!!!!! Also it will not let me upgrade to level 4 on tailsman..says it not avail this mission
Edited on Wed, Feb 06 2008, 13:14 by Twizlled

Twizlled
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Twizlled » 07 Feb 2008, 16:06

Okay finally!!! No worries finally finished this mission, i had to get level 4 tailsman and was using wrong hero..got it now and moving on .

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 04 Mar 2008, 11:07

I found this mission to be fairly easy on Heroic. I was never attacked except once, and only attacked others. What happened in more detail:

I waited for a week before taking over the first town (good tactic maltz). During this week, grab the Sawmill. Afterwards, change to Toulain as primary hero for the nonce, rushing Triple Ballista. Toulain wasn't offered Flaming Arrows, but it didn't make the mission any tougher. Make sure you transfer Kujin's First Aid Tent to Toulain, because it's the only thing that will keep your losses at zero later.

I clear the area around the town next. Everything except the Ore Pit can be cleared with acceptable losses (I generally lost nothing). I broke out early as well (can't remember when, but it was no later then the early third week), taking the Stables and - crucially - the Stronghold Military Post. For me, the post offered Wyverns and Shamen. Meanwhile in the town build the City Hall ASAP if it's not already built, then build towards Wyverns. You can't afford any of the other creatures anyway.

It was around this time that the first Brown hero showed up. I had to refrain from hiring creatures then (I could hire 6 Wyverns at that point) or else he would not attack me in the castle...anyway I annihilated him, again with minimal losses of some Shamen (easily replaced; you don't need too much of them).

Then I cleared the remaining lands. The Rune Patriaches guarding the Gold Mine were easily killed by deploying just the Wyvern stack, and then constantly waiting. Same with the Druid stacks. The Wolf stack required more firepower, but was very doable as well. I upgraded Wyverns to Foul Wyverns because the regeneration was so powerful at winning these battles.

No second Brown hero showed up, presumably because he can't win a fight on open ground anyway, so I sieged the garrison and broke through (with minimal losses again, 17 Centaurs). It was the fifth week at this point and I had 18 Foul Wyverns.

After this I switched back to Kujin as the main hero. She doesn't really need Triple Ballista / Flaming Arrows since armies are getting larger (Retribution would be much better for her in my opinion), but I went ahead and took it anyway in anticipation of using her in a later mission when starting armies are smaller (dunno if that is the case though). Teal showed up a couple of weeks later and we fought; this was the first battle in which I suffered considerably (he had 18 Bloodeyed Cyclops + other units; me 6 Untamed Cyclops + 36 Foul Wyverns + other units). Again he would not attack me in a castle so I had to attack him in the field. I lost a lot of units but it didn't matter anyway. While I was moving Kujin around I mistakenly sent Toulain onto the boats, which triggered Purple's attack...but after landing on my soil, they just hung by the landing spot (again, presumably because my army was too large for them to beat in open combat). I gave them a week's time to attack me but they didn't, so I took the +10% hp boost and defeated the two of them. Rest of the mission was mere mop-up.

Basically I overestimated the mission as you described it as so horrible, and played very carefully and perfectly. Turned out to be no harder than others though.
Edited on Tue, Mar 04 2008, 06:12 by Banedon
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

stachnie
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stachnie » 13 May 2008, 11:03

I am playing this campaign on Hard and had to restart a few times. Thanks for a great walkthrough and comments. The tips I have found most useful were:

- wait until the beginning of the next week (but not too close to the castle, because AI often hired a second hero who went to attack Kujin)

- Expert Triple Flaming Ballista is really great (I was lucky to give it to Kujin it at lvl 13)

- get Vyverns ASAP (in my first attempts I tried to rush Castle), deploy only them in more difficult battles with neutrals and most of them may be destroyed without any losses, even the druids guarding a mine and artifact and dwarves guarding the gold mine

- Powerful Blow on Centaurs + 1 shot = no more enemy Catapult

- Fear my Roar to temporarily disable the most threatening enemy stack.

I never used heroes other than Kujin in battles. I had no invasion of the Brown (in previous attempts it was happening at week 3) and I had just repelled Teal invasion at the end of Month 2, a week after I got Town B with a lvl 7 hero inside. It may be worth to note that I noticed the Centaurs north of town A tend to join you but only if you are much stronger.
Edited on Tue, May 13 2008, 07:27 by stachnie

ghostspartan6
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ghostspartan6 » 14 May 2008, 02:44

for some reason when i moved toulan(the 2nd hero u get)to the dolman of xp,the game was ok.but when i moved him back to his town the game crashed.
Edited on Tue, May 13 2008, 22:45 by ghostspartan6

leeschill
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby leeschill » 26 Jun 2008, 15:49

I'm stuck I can't summon the boat to go after Teal. The Icon stays dark for that spell...summon creatures is on but not boat.

YerKiddin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby YerKiddin » 23 Sep 2008, 23:56

This one is KICKING MY BUTT. :-( I'm only playing it on 'normal' level (ver 3.1). Most of the time, I try to play scenarios through just once, if I can. I've started this one over 4 times. Each time, I play for quite a while before any teal player shows up. (No brown or tan heroes come in any earlier, and while there's lots of time, I don't have quite a big enough buildup to allow me to break through to brown's city before teal attacks me) When teal does come in, the first army ignores my town and screams after whichever hero is out and about. The first one I can kill in the open. Then the 2nd hero, while defeatable, is mean enough to kill many to most of my army in the process. When the third teal hero arrives, I just don't have enough money to build an army big enough to take teal in the open, and I haven't yet managed to make either of my heroes fast enough that the third teal can't run him down.

It may be that I could sit in the city (teal has never yet attacked my orange town) and build enough to go kill teal, but I worry about what the other armies are going to be like after I've waited that long. I haven't read everyone's posts (wish I had more time!) I guess the trick I haven't figured out yet is how to get teal to attack the orange town, rather than hunting down my out-of-town hero. (I've tried putting that hero at the mission start position, at the SE ore pit, and tried running him in a circle, but each time teal just goes to him (right past the town) and munches him.

Is there a cheat code I can use to get past this one? I'm tired of it.

It's now the 5th month and Teal keeps coming back with a bigger army every time. My first 2 heroes are now capped at lvl 20, and I can't get an army built up with the losses I take from the constant teal attacks. (I'm holding my own, but it's boring me to death!)
Edited on Fri, Sep 26 2008, 02:02 by YerKiddin

taco
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby taco » 07 Oct 2008, 22:41

I'm stuck I can't summon the boat to go after Teal. The Icon stays dark for that spell...summon creatures is on but not boat.

gemzicle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gemzicle » 11 Dec 2008, 01:13

Wow, on Heroic you really need luck to get through it or it REALLY is impossible. Here's what happened:

Grabbed orange town, then brown town ( flagged most of the mines etc with minimal losses). I have about 200 upgraded centaurs, 20 paokais, several cyclops and about 20 sky daughters.

1st blue invasion, I managed to get the hero to attack Toulain in the brown town. They had:

15 Cyclops

22 Venom Wyverns

100+ sky daughters

180+ centaurs upgraded

200+ maulers

100+ upgraded slayers

catapult, ballista, tent

So I end up taking out the centaurs first, then the wyverns when they got inside, and then the ballista and then started working on the cyclops. I didn't get far into the cyclops before they fled. I lost about 9 Wyverns and 100 centaurs.

4 days go by while I'm rebuilding and there's movement on the blue side. What the? There's another? 2 days later, the hero is on my land and I managed to lure her the brown town again against Toulin.

What a lovely surprise:

65 cyclops

no wyverns!

200+ earth daughters

400+ centaurs

2 stacks of 350+ goblins

* 500+ mauler

* 500+ upgraded slayers.

the number of the two melee packs might be incorrect, they just ran around outside of the castle wall.

On the first try, I tried to kill the centaurs first, BAD MOVE. On the 2nd try, I took out the pack of goblins beside the cyclops first. The goblin throw from the 65 cyclops were doing heavy damage. The battle went the same way, she fled after I took out all the goblins, centaurs, ballista. I survived with only 2 wyverns and several other units. I've lost all my centaurs :(

So here I'm thinking I'm finally in the clear. Nope. A few days later, another hero Haggrash or someone:

75 cyclops and accompanying goblins

168 wyverns

almost 600 upgraded centaurs

"zounds" of melee

etc.. etc..

I have no troops left. Only a few cyclops that I just recruited and a pack of wyverns. Even the almight triple flaming ballista can't do anything against them.

How do you stop the blue from coming one after the next? This played out just like the post YerKiddin at 2008-09-23 19:56.

Last words:

168 wyverns? You're kidding rite. *click* Quit to Desktop

Return to “Articles”