Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 20 Dec 2011, 01:35

This mission started out frustratingly difficult, but soon became ridiculously easy.

I played it on Hard, and Brown never did anything in his turns. The lack of opposition allowed me to build a gigantic army, enough to take out Purple's heroes, and Teal's one powerful hero.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 19 Aug 2012, 04:13

Started to replay this campaign on Heroic, as before Brown did nothing.

Teal however invaded me month 2 week 3 with a HUGE army two or three times the size of mine, just as I was finally ready to take out the garrison leading to brown. I had to reload and replay my fight against Teal FIVE times to finally get things right and beat them. A few tips from my experience.

-Get triple flaming ballista, this was my only archer after like 5 turns into the siege. It still packed a bunch despite only advanced war machines and 85 max damage a hit.

-IGNORE THE ENEMY CENTAURS. Focus your fire on things in these orders

1) Wyverns (they will fly over the wall and attack multiple stacks at once their second turn, you MUST reduce the damage they inflict pronto)

2) The Catapult (you MUST keep your castle, and the towers, intact as long as possible! This will likely save the towers for the rest of the siege)

3) The Cyclopes (They can bust open the gate, and they hit harder then anyone else in the army)

4) Slayers (by this point your walls/gate almost certainly have been breached, so you need to get these double attackers down FAST)

5) Shaman, Maulers, & Goblins (melee units will be causing you more trouble now that your wall is breached, centaurs are too far out of your reach)

6) Finally kill the centaurs

-Sacrifice a goblin, haste all your guys and slow all the enemies.

-Keep using Goblin traps and fear my roar to prevent the cyclopes from busting down your wall/gate as long as possible! (be careful that you don't place traps in such a way that the cyclopes runs only 1 step away from fear my roar)

-Once the wall has been breached somewhere, go on the offensive, but expose as FEW troops to danger as possible. (by letting enemies walk on the moat and hitting them there so they lose a turn to attack, or send 2 one by one stacks to the gate to fight a cyclops blocking his allies from helping him)

-Focus your fire power on one stack at a time, this way you can wear down their blood rage to nothing and kill them with ease. Also use goblin traps to keep units you aren't ready to kill yet away from the action (I snared the shaman like 4 times in a row while I killed the slayers, maulers, and cyclops with the rest of my army)

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 19 Aug 2012, 14:46

OMG, I take back what I said, Brown sent their own (weak) hero after me a few days later, I took him out easily enough.

Then teal Blatantly cheated. The teal hero I fought off earlier clearly had 10 weeks of growth from their 1 town on him. But just ONE week later they sent an EVEN BIGGER army looking like this.

-Goblin Trapper: 350

-Centaur Nomad: 554

-Mauler: Zounds 539

-Bloodeyed Cyclops: 65

-Executioner: Horde 95

-Earth Daughter: 361

How do I know that teal cheated to get this giant army? I reloaded my old saves and used to reveal all cheat to watch teal, and saw that hero, and his giant army, did not exist until Month 2, Week 4, Day 2, when he appeared out of nowhere right next to his town (but not from his town), while the units in the town & the hero still sitting in town remained the same, and their army remained the same to.

So, yeah, don't feel about having to cheat to counter the computers cheating to win this mission. I gave myself 9,999 bloodeyed cyclops and the computer ran away before making a move, then I dismissed the 9,999 bloodeyed cyclops.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 24 Nov 2012, 23:58

I feel a bit foolish answering a question asked years ago (it was asked more than once), but just in case..... To get the spell that summons boats:

1. Build a Walkers Hut

2. Click on the Walkers Hut symbol on the wheel in the lower left of the town display.

3. Click on the first Talisman

4. "Buy" will light up and show the cost, click on it.

5. Stand the hero in the edge of the water and cast the spell.

6. There must be an unoccupied boat somewhere for it to work.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 26 Nov 2012, 00:29

I just finished the mission on Hard. I played it once before back in 2009.

One subject that came up throughout the comments here was how to deal with Teal. I don't think that was a problem my first time. I had an old save game toward the end, the first two cities were just sitting there with a garrison hero and very little army. The garrison heroes weren't very well developed.

This time it seemed there would be an unending stream of ever more powerful Teal armies coming through the portal. They started about the middle of the second month, soon after I took the Brown town. Kujin fought the first army outside and then defended the Brown town the next two weeks from more powerful Teal armies.

Meanwhile Toulain was exploring the sea. He took the 3 Untamed Cyclopses and 3 warriors and explored the entire sea and got the treasure from every wrecked ship this side of Green. Purple acted very strangely. The turn after Toulain took to sea, 2 purple heroes landed but then stopped about where the cyclopses had been. Even though they had much better armies than Kujin at first, they never moved until she approached with a bigger army in week 3 of month three, then they tried to run!

Anyway, after the first three attacks by Teal, they quit coming for three weeks or so. Kujin had finished everything that could be done in the starting area so I took her to visit Green and set the job of defending my two towns to Toulain. Almost immediately Teal sent another large army and Toulin had to defend with what could be purchased from a two week growth in the two towns.

The first defense went very well. I used some of the tactics suggested here. Teal had no flyers so I went after the Goblins first (those 40 Bloodeye Cyclopses threw a mean goblin), then the catapult, then the Centaurs. I took some losses but nothing too bad.

The next week there was a bigger army with a throng of Foul Wyverns. I didn't even try to defend my city from that army. I did read here about keeping the wyverns out by not leaving them a large enough landing area. I've done that sort of thing before with an inferno army but I had gated creatures to take up space.

I led him in circles for a while and then when I got a chance took Toulain and his small army and left by boat. The original Brown hero was already long gone. I did buy and sell almost all the creatures in my two cities, you can make 10% and there are no creatures for the invader to hire.

I think the design was to have Kujin recruit tribes, not to establish rule over the map. I think you are supposed to retreat and leave those first two cities to Teal. I'm pretty sure Purple wasn't supposed to be so docile, but what do I know?

It was fun! Again!

heber0101
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby heber0101 » 03 Feb 2013, 21:58

Not sure who's active anymore but just finished this mission, with help from the walkthru. I'm doing it on Normal, not flooking to be perfect. This scenario is impossible on Normal, which is mostly because the AI is cheating big time. Similar to what Shadow said. First you have to beat neutral stacks in the first 2 weeks to get resources. The stacks are tough enough to lost strength due to casualties. Even if trading troops and artifacts back and forth between Kujin (K) snd Toulain (T). So you have to wait for more castle troops. The hero spells are very weak and almost no help. So about the 4th or 5th week the area is mostly cleared out and building troops to get though the garrison. Just after clearing the garrison (first try) and taking casualties the first teal army shows up and destroys K, just before reaching Brown town. Second try I hold bak longer and Teal comes thru (does not have to fight the garrison so they are still there). I beat him, then the garrison. And get then Brown castle. I'm up to wyverns and lots of centaurs. I have triple ballista but not yet flaming arrows. And the second teal army comes thru bigger than the last.

The blatant cheating is that Teal is sending out a strong army every week or 2 and it's way bigger than you could get from 1 town. Keeps getting stronger too. Also he never runs out of experienced heroes even though the were defeated (did not retreat or flee). I have 2 castles and can barely keep up. The only way to beat those armies is to stay behind town walls, take down catapult with shooters and ballista, then centaurs or goblins (cyclop ammo) then finally cyclops, then lastly shaman, who seem to have a lot of shooter and magic resistance.

Finally went and learned how to apply cheats so I could finish mission. Adding wyverns or paokai or cyclops. Which you only can add to K so if you split forces as you must, better leave T well equipped.

Not a good mission. Especially when the opponents seemed to be playing Hard or Heroic when I was playing Normal.

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 04 Feb 2013, 15:19

Recently replayed this mission on 3.1 heroic. The Centaurs north of town (A) didn't join me, but 18 Maulers near (E1) did (for lots of gold). On 1-3-4 my situation looked like this:

Kujin was level 11 (I pretty much always take exp from chests) with Mentoring, Last Stand (plus prequisites), Memory of our Blood and basic Warmachines, stats 9-7-3-4, army: 4 Shamans, 76 Maulers, 73 Centaur Nomads, 153 Goblin Trappers and a First Aid Tent.

Toulain met Kujin (Mentor), then visited Spell Shrine and Learning stone, so he was level 7 with Expert Triple Ballista and Basic Luck, stats 5-4-1-2. Add to that 3 attack from the Moonblade. Army: 7 stacks of 1 Goblin Trapper and a Ballista.

Town (A) was level 15 with first 3 upgraded creature generators, Hall of Courage, City Hall, Tavern, Marketplace, Blacksmith and Garbage Pile. I had some 4000 gold left at this point.

Level 2 Warcry was Word of Chief.

As you can see, I didn't build Citadel or even Fort and made no attempt at building Capital. Citadel+Fort are quite expensive and after building them I would've had no gold to hire the extra troops. Later in the mission your towns will produce more troops than you can afford to hire anyway. Capital is not cheap either and I soon got one from Brown for free.

I did build Citadel in town (A) much later in the mission, when I had more troops and gold, but only to get +50 Rage from Pile of Skulls.

Toulain attacked the Garrison, got rid of most of the Centaurs there and ran away at the last moment. Then Kujin crashed through the Garrison, preserving most of her army. I think some Attack/more Bloodrage/Luck would've served me better than Defense with Last Stand. Converted brown on 1-3-5. For some reason Green, Brown and Orange (converted on day 2) didn't hire anything (I checked in Tavern and they weren't broke), but at least Brown did build up his town.

Teal (Urghat) showed up on 2-2-4 with an army comparable to Kujin's, but Kujin was already boarding a boat with her large army. Didn't bother to attack Urghat until later, when I noticed that she had the Dragon Eye Ring and the pirates were about to kill her.

I left Kragh with 1 goblin to defend towns (A) and (B) from Teal and later also pirates. His speciality allowed him to run when he was caught. Then I rehired him from Tavern the next day and positioned him somewhere far from both towns. AI took the bait every time and attacked Kragh instead of towns.

Oh, and don't worry about taking useless artifacts to mission 4. There is a Trading Post where you can sell them.

katia0203
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby katia0203 » 13 Apr 2013, 16:39

Here's something I didn't expect: Teal decided to set sail in week 3 and go somewhere. They came back...and purple came with them! So BOTH purple heroes got off their boats and just stood there blocking my ability to get on a boat without fighting them. Now I think I might have been able to fight one of them off with more time but not TWO of them in a row w/o reinforcements. And of course Teal is still running around near my castle too. So I just said "screw it" and tried to battle purple and only managed to ALMOST beat the first hero. Restarting now, we'll see how it goes. This was on NORMAL difficulty.

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 13 Apr 2013, 19:05

Katia, Teal can fight Purple. You could try to use a hero with 1 Goblin to help them do that (leave the hero somewhere near the enemy heroes). Wait, did you just write about Teal in week 3? May be possible to beat him that early, but just barely, I wouldn't advise you to try to do that.

katia0203
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby katia0203 » 16 Apr 2013, 00:00

@Maciek, I misspoke, it was week 4. I was able to blast through the garrison and take the Brown Castle in 3 weeks, so that kind of activated teal who went gallivanting into the ocean and purple followed. I let teal run around, he stayed away from both my castles since I had Kujin at the main castle and Toulain at the other with a decent number of troops. But like I said, the purple heroes just sat there and were in my way. Since I realized that they weren't going to move, I just tried to blast through them w/o success.

vil2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vil2 » 24 Jul 2014, 10:04

Heroic 3.1

I was never attacked by any Orc during this mission. Last time I played it years ago I remember this terrible mission beginning with unrelenting attacks from Brown and Teal.

I quickly cleaned the neutral stacks and captured Brown town.

Then I shipped towards green town but the pirates were far better than me.

So I came back, completely cleaned the starting area, and went by ship once more with a bigger army. I attacked both pirate ships to be sure my towns wouldn't be invaded, and then I took care of Lethos.

As soon as I moved into teal area, I oticed that teals town entrance was flooded with caravans. And then a teal hero went through the monolith and started to invade my towns. He was too slow and I was able to kill Gurok just in time.

By the way, I never had Attack with Toulain so the flaming arrows were not for me, although he was level 12. I had triple ballista. If I had to start again, I think I would play only with Kujin and give her Toulain's ballista.

Return to “Articles”