More From the Will of Asha

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
vil2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → The Grim Cru

Unread postby vil2 » 17 Jul 2014, 16:08

For the first fight, I found out that the only strategy for winning on Heroic is to make all your possible to take the less amount of damage possible by his fireballs. Which means, do not cluster your troops so the fireballs hit only 1 stack of your troops maximum. I just split the skeletons into 2x1 troops and the rest (just to absorb the Air Elemental first attack), and then focus the Golems.

In every other configuration, the hero will cast 3 deadly fireballs on your troops, if they hit multiple stacks you've already lost the fight.

As a sidenote, it is not mandatory to kill the yellow player. You can win the mission if you kill red and orange. Here is what I did :

As I killed the Orange player by capturing the most western Academy, the yellow actually woke up and captured the eastern Academy in a few days. My Arantir was too far away to retaliate quickly.

So I reloaded a few turns, and instead of killing the Orange, I let him in the West Academy. He had almost no mines and all he did was wandering with some weak Heroes as soon as my towns were undefended (but it was easy to counter him just by paying attention).

So this was a perfect situation : a dormant yellow player, and an almost-dormant orange player. This gave me enough time to visit everything and to develop my army. As I had 600+ Vampire Lords, I decided to attack the red by sneaking behind yellow's Academy.

I killed the red player rather easily, grabbed the ring of Sar Issus and came back to finish the Yellow. As I began the siege, he had 70 Storm Titans, 150 Genies, 60 Rani, 300 Mages, etc. Besides, he resisted most of my spells (PM, frenzy...) and cast phantom forces repeatedly. He was a f**** nightmare....always being immaterial when needed, lucky as usual. I could kill most of his army but could never kill those Titans, especially behind those walls.

In spite of my strong economy, my 2 Necropolis, and the dwellings I stole to him, he continued to recruit more and more Titans every week (of course, I captured all his mines too) and every week, his army was even stronger and seemed to grow very quicker than mine.

WTF is this cheating AI ??

Anyway, while I was continuing to grow my army to kill him, I remembered that the Orange was still alive. I killed him with a secondary hero, and *boom* - Map finished. Of course Arantir was already level 16 with all stats boost and artifacts so I didn't bother to continue and went on the next mission.

So if you have trouble with this yellow, follow those steps :

1/ Capture the biggest academy from orange

2/ Let him capture the West Academy and be sure he doesn't go out (a secondary hero wiuth some army is enough)

3/ With Arantir, sneak behind the East Academy (you must have a good army so that yellow doesn't go out to kill you), kill the red demon army.

4/ With your secondary hero, finish the orange.

Edited on Thu, Jul 17 2014, 19:38 by vil2

Return to “Articles”