Statistics of All Creatures

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Creature Statistics

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 31 Jan 2006, 23:33

Rhutobello: You state "you have never been and will never be a fan of HoMM!" Oh really. I own and have played extensively (and am still playing):

Heroes of Might & Magic (the original)

Heroes II of Might & Magic

Heroes II of Might & Magic - The Price of Loyalty

Heroes II of Might & Magic Gold (Special Limited Edition)

Heroes of Might & Magic Compendium (Includes Heroes, Heroes II, and Heroes II The Price of Loyalty)

Heroes III of Might & Magic

Heroes III of Might & Magic - Armageddon's Blade

Heroes III of Might & Magic - The Shadow of Death

Heroes IV of Might & Magic

Heroes IV of Might & Magic - The Gathering Storm

Heroes IV of Might & Magic - Winds of War

Heroes of Might & Magic Platinum Edition

Heroes Chronicles

All of the Might and Magic games

I have also played MANY of the fan made scenarios and campaigns,

including playtesting fan maps. So, I would guess I am at least as

much a fan as you are!

And I still stand by my statement - the Heroes V creatures are ugly!

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Creature Statistics

Unread postby Rhutobello » 01 Feb 2006, 09:07

ToweringAmishPlumber at 2006-01-31 16:33 wrote:

Rhutobello: You state "you have never been and will never be a fan of HoMM!" Oh really. I own and have played extensively (and am still playing):

-------------------

It might so be.

But when you complain on the creatures, then I can't understand.

A game's graphic is a nice adon, but a games feeling is all.

When you have seen the game in action for a day or two, the graphic count less....but AI and controls and feeling of competition mean all.

Just look to many, post that choose earlier version of HoMM over HoMM 4 which graphic is the best one.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Feb 2006, 12:22

Hm, maybe he was refering to the way the creatures look, as opossed to the graphics. For me the H4 graphics looked grate, but most of the creatures didn't. The H5 ones look even worse.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Creature Statistics

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 Feb 2006, 12:34

So TT, you want the plastic toys back? Im sure Nival can fix that ;)

Seriously The graphics are great, not plastic like in H4, not dry as in H3, and not as wacky as the graphics form H1 & H2.

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Creature Statistics

Unread postby Rhutobello » 01 Feb 2006, 13:57

ThunderTitan at 2006-02-01 05:22 wrote:

Hm, maybe he was refering to the way the creatures look, as opossed to the graphics. For me the H4 graphics looked grate, but most of the creatures didn't. The H5 ones look even worse.

Okay okay...we might have diffrent thought about it but in the end think the same.

Let me take an eksemple.

Many of you know or love Chess.

Take a game of Chess with the best looking diamond figurines.. but you oponent is far below you in challange.

Take another game of Chess on a place where you are stranded, you only find some stones and wood peaces......but...lucky you....you have an oponent who match you in challange.

What of those two games would you prefer to play?

(and NO! you can't take with you the diamond figurines:):))
Edited on Wed, Feb 01 2006, 07:05 by Rhutobello

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Creature Statistics

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Feb 2006, 14:17

Orfinn wrote:So TT, you want the plastic toys back? Im sure Nival can fix that ;)

Seriously The graphics are great, not plastic like in H4, not dry as in H3, and not as wacky as the graphics form H1 & H2.
Oh come on,whats wrong with H1-3 graphics?They were,and still are,marvelous!And HUV also had nice graphics.Some creatures do look dumb,but soe are simply gorgeus.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Creature Statistics

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Feb 2006, 14:54

Orfinn wrote:"So TT, you want the plastic toys back? Im sure Nival can fix that ;)
Seriously The graphics are great, not plastic like in H4, not dry as in H3, and not as wacky as the graphics form H1 & H2."
H2 had the best looking creatures and animations. The plastic look of H4 had more to do with how the creature models were designed that the graphics. The warcraftian type graphics of H5 look atrocious to me. IMO the way the creatures look has slowly gotten worse since Heroes 2.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Creature Statistics

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 02 Feb 2006, 05:09

The H5 development team's creature designs can use some improvements... I mean, even creatures in H4 look better (except the portraits). I think Nival's trying to give the game an European/Anime type of theme, which will appear to certain people while disgusting other more hardcore fantasy fans...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Creature Statistics

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Feb 2006, 06:54

@Rhutobello

You right, Its not the graphics that are important but the gameplay.

Graphics are just eyecandy and we do get enough eyecandy anyway in H5.

@DaemianLucifer

I didnt say the graphics werent good even as wacky, dry or plastic like.

For me all of the heroes games graphics was great in a way but in comparison of H5 they are pale.

The portraits in H4 was great especially the one of the Phoenix, will never forget it.

For me even the graphics in H2 had a better feel to it than H3, childish yes but it had a magical feel and enjoyment around it. The same thing are in H5 colorful, 3D and not anime at all. Yeah and where have you peeps got the anime phobia from? I hate anime and if I have seen such in H5 (which I havent) then I would boycott the game on my own and not buy the game at all, I dont like asian cartoon styles, they are too ugly for my taste, huge eyes, flat carrot like head shapes and a small ridiculous body.

If you pointing to the Angels I cant say I see any anime there, they may have some small foreign details of anime but all in all they are europen/western style. So no just end this little discussion and continue with the creature stats, as Rhutobello said graphics are not the important tihing the gameplay is.
Edited on Wed, Feb 01 2006, 23:54 by Orfinn

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Feb 2006, 08:26

@Orfinn

Your kidding,right?HV has maybe the worst graphic ever.Academy is terible(concept art was good,but now...)and so is inferno(except for some exceptions.Too bulky).Dragons are too small,and most upgrades are very bad compared to basic ones.Angel is anime(huge eyes is not the only anime,you know)but it is a good one actually.I like that kind of anime since some of the best cartoons are like that.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Creature Statistics

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Feb 2006, 09:21

@DaemianLucifer

I think you misunderstood, with graphic I meant the graphic itself, the colors, the reflections. I didnt mean the misplaced shapes, sizes, colors etc on the creatures.

Yes Im a bit agree with you, the dragons is small, but I think its because that the battlefield is too small for a big dragon to fly over it and I think that would look a bit silly. Another reason we need a bigger BF. I dont quite like the oozing colors of the necropolis, too many sharp colors like the insane colors of the vampire lord and the wraith f-example.The Shadow/Spectral dragon and the skeletons is good enough, they has the right amounts of fluorscent colors. The Dungeon is great, not much frightfull colors there but much less colors especially the Black Dragon lacks alot of black! And the mintaurs looks a bit pale but I guess that is just a natral result by living underground, maybe its for the balck dragon too, dont hope so.

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Creature Statistics

Unread postby Rhutobello » 02 Feb 2006, 10:15

one thing to say about the grapich situation that is discussed.

It's just like "Girls" "Men" Movies Cars Paintings and so on...we have diffrent opinions and that we are allowed too...you can never have a 100% praise of a craphic image:) (and if graphic is more important in a game,then gameplay, go rather to an art museum:))

But don't take me wrong, I too love nice graphic in a game and is trilled by it the discussion is out of this statement:

GACK! That is the ugliest set of creatures I've ever seen. Well, at least it finalized my feeling that I will NOT be buying Heroes V.

Which say nothing about lack of gameplay, so artmuseum next:)
Edited on Thu, Feb 02 2006, 03:25 by Rhutobello

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Feb 2006, 12:43

HV is like a christmas tree in some store.Overdone.Whats the point of all those flashy lights glowing everywhere?

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Creature Statistics

Unread postby Rhutobello » 02 Feb 2006, 13:59

DaemianLucifer at 2006-02-02 05:43 wrote:

HV is like a christmas tree in some store.Overdone.Whats the point of all those flashy lights glowing everywhere?

Agree.....and from what I have noticed....more and more TV ads have started to be more "simple" but stright to the point.....they might start belive that we customer are thinking people that know all the glitter have to be paid by us:) (lol marketing start to think....that was a new one:))

Symeon Star-Eyes
Peasant
Peasant

Creature Statistics

Unread postby Symeon Star-Eyes » 02 Feb 2006, 14:25

I think most of the creatures look good. Some don't of course, but there will always be some creatures that don't look as good as others.

I do however miss a more vivid or intens colour scheme. These new creatures seem a bit "washed-out" colour-wise. The creatures of previous heroes games just seem a bit more "alive".

I liked the design and graphics of the HIV creatures, and my all time favorite design is the HIV Black Dragon.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Creature Statistics

Unread postby Orfinn » 03 Feb 2006, 07:50

@Symeon Star-Eyes

Yeah, havent there always been dislikes of creatures in every Homm game? I guess there werent everbody that like every creature design in H3.

In H4 it was the beginning of the Black Dragons fall, it was a bit greenier than the best black dragon from H3, had also pink eyes and someone say it looked like a duck =/

Know we have a big eared dark green "black" dragon, hes just not black! And if possible remove those ears and replace them with horns.

But sure, the dragons in H5 is unique.
Edited on Fri, Feb 03 2006, 00:51 by Orfinn

farius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Creature Statistics

Unread postby farius » 03 Feb 2006, 21:04

thx for the infopage!

but is it just me, or are the pixies/sprites way too strong for lvl1? and btw why is the sylvan dragon better than the black dragon?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Creature Statistics

Unread postby Orfinn » 05 Feb 2006, 18:06

"but is it just me, or are the pixies/sprites way too strong for lvl1? and btw why is the sylvan dragon better than the black dragon?"

they also have acidic breath, making them deadly even for the blackies, I think they should be tuned down a bit those green and emerald dragons.

Oh for current creature stats visit Sir Charles H5 pages for creature comparison, well detailed info. Thumbs up for you SC ;D
Edited on Mon, Feb 06 2006, 06:00 by Orfinn

Wowm4n
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Creature Statistics

Unread postby Wowm4n » 07 Feb 2006, 16:44

It seems that academy will be the worst faction in the game :(:( i`ve check skills and special abilities of each hero and i havent found much interesting :( for example taking 50 % more damege while casting spell (dungeon) is more usefull than for ex.melting artifacts! special abilities also doesn`t look very interesting. The strongest is inferno ( i dont know why programers favoured them so much !!! ) and dungeon also looks strong. just compare skills and special abilitities of heroes

Return to “Articles”