Unholy Alliance → Fall of Sandro

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 24 Jul 2007, 14:45

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/307

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 24 Jul 2007, 14:45

Contrary to the walkthrough, when I played this map, Sandro was not trapped behind the Quest Tower at all. In fact, he busted through the eastern border guard on Month 1 Week 1 Day 6! 3 of 4 of my heroes had Expert Town Portal so I managed to muster a decent defense in the 2 days he spent approaching my nearest castle.

Although his army was small, he nevertheless smashed mine by opening with a powerful Chain Lightning (he would have Meteor Swarmed, but I had Tactics to move my units about). Magic decided the fights in this map.

Fortunately I managed to defeat him and not let him escape. Thereafter, the map was largely easy mostly because of the small neutral stacks (compare them to the Crag Hack maps and their insane neutral stacks all around your starting area). I was victorious on Month 1 Week 4 Day 2.

Key to this map was having strong magic and a lot of sharpshooters, who have good initiative. This can allow you to defeat the opponent in the first turn or before they can act in the second turn (and flee), and in turn let you wrest artifacts from the AI.
Edited on Tue, Jul 24 2007, 10:47 by Grail Quest

Ansive
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ansive » 02 Feb 2009, 23:57

Disappointingly easy. I was really hopping to fight the Sandro I helped create. Instead he gets low stats and he doesn't even raise liches. I was so hoping to try a 50sp implosion on them... oh well.

Weirdest thing is after the high score sheet (which I'm still on level 6 creatures) I was returned to the main menu. I had to load to start the next campaign.

Return to “Articles”