Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Meeting

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 10 Jul 2007, 12:54

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/681

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 10 Jul 2007, 12:54

The orange player didnt actually stay dormant in my play, he always used nasty hit and run tactics on me. Green took over red before I reached there. Seems i have to rush like hell early on and not wait much.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 10 Jul 2007, 13:51

btw the shield aint where it is supposed to be and I play just the same version :/

aero_faith
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aero_faith » 31 Aug 2007, 10:35

I couldn't find the shield either???

Donsta
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Donsta » 12 Aug 2008, 13:05

For what it's worth in my game the shield was at the location shown in the walkthrough.

Pave
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pave » 28 Nov 2009, 23:55

I found the shield on a hero I killed. It could be that some AI took the shield in your game, fled during a fight and wasn't hired again because the AI was defeated or something like that.

danny420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby danny420 » 05 Feb 2010, 02:50

is there a memory mentor anywhere in this capaign

Dstr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dstr » 19 Mar 2010, 09:15

the mission is too easy even on heroic... it's first time I got the war machine skill in a hero built. it's imba, guys, take it!

Shimdra
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shimdra » 03 Jun 2010, 18:48

Dragon Shield was missing for me as well.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 21 Jun 2010, 18:29

ridiculously easy if you act fast. As far as I can see, the only reason to drag this mission is because you need to level up and build up the mage guilds of all captured towns. If you don't get implosion here, next mission is going to be harder.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 22 Nov 2011, 01:25

Brown, not Orange, stayed dormant the entire time for me on Heroic. Brown just sat in their castle only recruiting some of their troops.

Red was rushed and taken over by Green before I could even get to them. I'd suggest you conquer red's old town first so that Green doesn't become even stronger.

The toughest part here is the beginning. In the second or third week I had both Green and Orange invade me with their toughest army. After I took those armies out things were much easier. I was able to storm Orange and than Green with my reinforcements. Then I was finally able to bring down Brown, the rest was a snap without any opposition but neutral stacks to worry about.

Oh and one more thing, I found it worth using the Daughter of Malassa in my early battles against Green and Orange's powerful heroes. It'll be frustrating as hell when you lose the black dragon near the end of battle and have to reload, but when you get it right the black dragon will help you win with far fewer causalities.

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 22 Dec 2013, 19:10

I play the campaign with Tote and was very disappointed that I lose all those stat bonuses from mission 1 but in mission 3 there seems to be a bug if you keep the dragon set and go meet Raelag through the portals. This gives +4 to all stats (bonus from the set) maybe because the game doesn't recognize those stats since the bonus is only Tote. So finally not sure what bonus is the most imbalanced :). Less stats bonus but more important ones for a warlock. A bug compensates another bug :).

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 22 Dec 2013, 19:47

I play the campaign with Tote and was very disappointed that I lose all those stat bonuses from mission 1 but in mission 3 there seems to be a bug if you keep the dragon set and go meet Raelag through the portals. This gives +4 to all stats (bonus from the set) maybe because the game doesn't recognize those stats since the bonus is only Tote. So finally not sure what bonus is the most imbalanced :). Less stats bonus but more important ones for a warlock. A bug compensates another bug :).

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Re: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Th

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 28 Dec 2013, 03:18

Pacifist wrote:I play the campaign with Tote and was very disappointed that I lose all those stat bonuses from mission 1 but in mission 3 there seems to be a bug if you keep the dragon set and go meet Raelag through the portals. This gives +4 to all stats (bonus from the set) maybe because the game doesn't recognize those stats since the bonus is only Tote. So finally not sure what bonus is the most imbalanced :). Less stats bonus but more important ones for a warlock. A bug compensates another bug :).
The stat boost from set items bug is in TOTE campaigns to. It's much easier to exploit this bug in TOTE campaigns though where set items carry over to the next mission.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Meeting

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 13 Sep 2019, 19:15

Hard 2.1
Easy overall, but I had some tense moments in the 2nd and third weeks. Cleared the mines around my starting town and took the Red City before the end of week one. Hired another hero to run errands and pick up stuff. There was a Sack of Gold available when I built the Artifact Merchant so I figured it was a good investment. 10,000 gp for 1000 gp a day. Put me behind in hiring creatures but Ylaya didn't seem to need any more yet.

I was heading for the Fortress City when Orange and Green both attacked at once with significant armies. I couldn't defend both cities at once. I decided my Level One hero behind castle walls with almost a full weeks worth of creatures might not even be attacked and might even win if the stronger army (Green) attacked. So I cut off Orange to secure the road to the Haven City.

Green did attack and my Level One Hero almost held out, He cut Green down to about a dozen Minotaur Guards but I lost my Capitol and my Sack of Gold and all my reserve dungeon creatures. Ylaya recovered but took losses so it was a major setback. Then they tried again a week later.

I never gave up my Dragon Artifacts, hope I didn't miss a stat reward.

Return to “Articles”