Unholy Alliance → Harvest

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 29 Jun 2007, 18:07

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/296

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 29 Jun 2007, 18:07

I turned the difficulty down 1 notch to "Normal" and the enemy still sent over an overwhelming force around the end of the 3rd week, which is also when both sides can mount an expedition that will make the Zealots guarding the border/roads back down without a fight (fight them and you might win, but you'll probably take unacceptable losses too).

The enemy had fully built cities and were coming at me with a full range of Necropolis creatures and Death Ripple. I won the first encounter but my army was also more or less destroyed (3 Ogres and 2 Cyclops left, I think... AND I had gotten freebie Griffons (22), Royal Griffons (15?), and Monks (16) from my side of the map!).

Luckily the enemy wandered around incompetently and even failed to seize back a Necropolis on day 7, so I got a full week's worth of Necropolis hires. The AI came at me with the same, I won the fight then quickly took his second castle. Game over.

Luck won the map. There was no time to outbuild him. I tried it at the default difficulty and the first army the enemy sent was absolutely overwhelming with no chance I could catch up in creature production.

Who playtests these things anyway?

For the bonus, I think the Cyclopses might be better as if you are not careful, you will lose some of the rocs during melee. If you look at the guard stacks, 4 Rocs won't last long unless you have decent magic to back them up.

After numerous retries, it appears that the bet Yog can do in magic is Air and Earth but no Wisdom, or Wisdom and Air; I never saw Wisdom and Earth.
Edited on Fri, Jun 29 2007, 14:08 by Grail Quest

Ansive
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ansive » 17 Jan 2009, 21:50

I got fire and wisdom. Not very helpful... but at least he can cast spells now!

I rushed to build only one town... and slowly hoarded quite a large army. After I found the equestrian gloves and the boots I started some hit and run until I considered I had enough behemoths to take down their main hero... he had like 30 dragons, 50 knights and many vampires... but nothing can stop 25 bloodlusted behemoths...

The 7'th level dwelling south of the starting town really helps hoard these baddies...

vil2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vil2 » 23 Jul 2013, 20:35

I just finished the map with expert earth magic and wisdom. I captured O1a and O2a at week 4, I was lucky the main hero was away for O1a and I defeated the other hero at O2a, with medium losses. The rest was just about tracking him, he managed to capture N1 in the south but that did not really matter. Switching from Stronghold troops to a mix of high level troops from Necropolis and Stronghold worked really well. I don't think Magic and Wisdom are required for this map.

Dec
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dec » 12 Sep 2013, 12:13

I just won this map easily on impossible. What I did was: Flagged the Behemoth dwelling as well as building it in both Strongholds, Get about 20 of them at the beginning of 4th week, upgrade them on the Hill Fort next to N4 then release the prisoner + capture N5 before the AI does.

Xsi had Earth, Intelligence and high sp/knowledge pool when my Yog didn't even have Wisdom. I lured the main AI hero close to one of my towns, got Implosion and simply started hitting him and surrendering. Rinse and repeat he had his army of 50 or more knights down in 2 days. After this map is a piece of cake.
Edited on Tue, Sep 17 2013, 13:01 by Dec

ArchCerberos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Unholy Alliance → Harvest

Unread postby ArchCerberos » 06 Jun 2019, 06:06

Something must have changed because I got Yog's same stats I ended his first campaign on SoD expansion, Expert Ballistics, Pathfinding, Logistics, Tactics, Offense, Archery and Artillery. So the 'do not develop the character because it won't be available like that on his next campaign' doesn't match now. They DO carry over their skills, spells and the like to next campaigns it seems.

ArchCerberos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ArchCerberos » 06 Jun 2019, 06:08

ArchCerberos wrote:Something must have changed because I got Yog's same stats I ended his first campaign on SoD expansion, Expert Ballistics, Pathfinding, Logistics, Tactics, Offense, Archery and Artillery. So the 'do not develop the character because it won't be available like that on his next campaign' doesn't match now. They DO carry over their skills, spells and the like to next campaigns it seems.
Also, he was already at level 25 too and specially with the Archery and Artillery, it seems the Cyclops, at least for me, are the best bet, with the Expert Earth Magic the opponents would be chopped down to pieces before getting to my troops.

Alure155
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alure155 » 11 Jun 2019, 06:38

I think you just got really, really lucky. I am currently playing Unholy Alliance and have just finished Gelu's first scenario and am currently playing through Final Peace. The skills that I got as Gelu in Unholy Alliance were not the same as those for Gelu in Elixir of Life (I even loaded a save and checked!), and restarting the scenario gave me a different skillset each time.

Also, when I was just deciding which scenario to start with, I checked out Crag Hack's scenario in Unholy Alliance. I did not level Crag fully in his campaign, but when I started UA, he was not only level 25, but had an entirely different set of skills!
Last edited by Alure155 on 11 Jun 2019, 06:40, edited 1 time in total.

HaloRipper
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HaloRipper » 23 Dec 2023, 04:17

This was easiest map ever. I win on day 5.Pick rocs. Started pathfinding and logistics and the extra orc and wolf pen already made so you can build rocs on day 1. Run down to stables and back to castle n upgrade rocs day 2. Head to enemy castle asap. Caught enemy hero out day 3 and took castle for free. Bought spell book and wraith generator. Made it to other castle day 5 and took it. Had a few resets due to bad morale and some lucky spell casts by enemy. He cast meteor on my wraiths so my rocs were free to wreck him.

Return to “Articles”