Rise of the Necromancer → Target

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 20 Jun 2007, 14:31

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/275

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 20 Jun 2007, 14:31

If you've just finished Yog's maps, then this start to Sandro will be insanely boring. Like Yog, it's all about blitzkreig. You can capture the nearest two towns (dungeon and rampart) in about 2 weeks as long as your forces survive the first couple of fights, as afterwards you'll have a stack of wights which just keeps growing and growing. Getting a necromancy pick is really chancy, though, as you're limited to level 5.

DIO
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DIO » 09 Nov 2008, 21:31

I agree with Grail Quest. Just start with +2 attack skill, don`t need anymore. Buy 2 new heroes, some creature buildings, kill some neutral creeps, rise army a little and then smash down other two towns. Easy. About that 12 griffins quest, what you need is diplomacy skill learned by minor hero (can be done later). Also, use ship as soon as possible to enter north part of the map and take over the stronghold there. There are some neutral griifins more to the north. Take minor hero with diplomacy, give him strong army. There is a good chance they will join you...

Ansive
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ansive » 11 Jan 2009, 19:44

This map also has two scholars in the swamp up to the north. 1 knowledge and 1 attack. I don't think they can be reached... I saw them when I was trying to find a way to get 12 griffins. Good thing I found this site...

Duuuke
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Duuuke » 05 Apr 2010, 15:32

N1 can be a surprise - it is the only town of this map that may have Fly. This may be a bug but the chance to have this and expert wisdom for Sandro before level 5 at the same time is very close to zero. The two scholars in the swamp offer random things. I was only fast enough to pick up one of them left there and got something I did not want (does not matter coz I got the Fly Sandro). In the northeast of O1c you can get the Spellbinder's Hat (all level 5 spells) from some griffins. This makes things much easier. The 12 griffins quest has no reward (preset in the map), and all griffins starting with the map never flee or join (preset). If you really want to do it you will have to wait for a month of griffins to generate some and a hero with at least basic diplomacy. Since the set artifacts can be carried over to the next scenario and there is a dungeon that sells new artifacts every month, Sandro can have two or three sets of the Armor of the Damned or Cloak of the Undead King.
Edited on Mon, Apr 05 2010, 19:47 by Duuuke

Duuuke
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Duuuke » 05 Apr 2010, 15:37

There is no need to pick logistics because in the next map it will be offered as a reward of a quest

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 12 Oct 2011, 21:25

One thing I don't see mentioned here that should be noted. If you kill enemy creatures with magic then you will NOT be able to raise them as dead creatures to join your army.

I beat a fight against 50+ tier 1 creatures using lightning bolts, and only got 1 Wight out of it.

This means that it's best to just avoid using magic against neutral stacks & take some losses against them. Once you're raising liches you'll come out stronger even if you lose half the army you started with.

vil2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vil2 » 07 Jul 2013, 15:16

This map is strange, why putting a graal town if it is so useless? beating blue tan green and orange is very easy provided you work fast. Thereis absolutely no need of a second necro town, graal or not. Strange.
Edited on Sun, Jul 07 2013, 13:23 by vil2

busunder
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Rise of the Necromancer → Target

Unread postby busunder » 13 Apr 2020, 16:47

I don´t think it was intentional, but purple guide tent is practically useless because the road is bugged. Even if you remove the tower from your enemy´s side, you still can´t cross through.

Jonnybravo83
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jonnybravo83 » 23 Aug 2023, 23:57

Has anybody actually beat this on impossible difficulty? I have tried 3 times and the blue hero literally wipes me out in the first 3 weeks every time and has several manticores, beholder eyes pack, and a lot of other creatures and uses destroy undead 2-3 times and wipes out my entire army. I have found no way to counteract this and it's getting really annoying :).

Jonnybravo83
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jonnybravo83 » 23 Aug 2023, 23:58

If I try to attack his town in the first week, I can't get enough troops to withstand his destroy undead spells so he wins every time. Then if he escapes he just goes back to the town and respawns then kills me again.

Return to “Articles”