Round Rable Battles - Heroes V

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Round Table Battles - Heroes V

Unread postby fiur » 26 Mar 2007, 07:40

well this does'nt have to be to hard instead of posting a screenshot just mail your savegame file (on the loading screen there you will se what diff. we played on.... (the only problem then is, will the "loader" of the saved file be able to win the last battle......? :)

phinex
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby phinex » 26 Mar 2007, 08:53

A very important question

Does the latest patch only means hof 2.1?

If I play the 1.41,then will the score be accepted?

Onkel B
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Onkel B » 26 Mar 2007, 08:53

if we send the savegame psycho can "start again" an see, what difficulty we played...

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 26 Mar 2007, 09:01

No, that's not working.
You need a way to compare scores reached with different diff levels. For example, someone sends in a score of 60 days, played on normal, another may have needed 90 on hard and yet another has finished in 120 on heroic. What is the better score?
Furthermore we'll have to know whether the fulfilling of secondary quests will bring extra score points because that will influence the way you play.
For example, how would you rate this? You get a score of 65 days played on Hard diff with one secondary quest fulfilled, while another one brings in a score of 78 days on heroic with no quests and so on.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 26 Mar 2007, 09:04

Oh, and another question: what about the versions? I played on HoF 2.1, that is WITH Caravans. What about those playing 1.41? They don't have the advantage of Caravans (and with this map Caravans are definitely an advantage).

Khan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Khan » 26 Mar 2007, 09:51

Hi,

without savegame of last fight and also savegame of first day, from which everyone has to play further and after all, not using the same Game - Versions, we´ll never be able to compare any results.

I now solved this Map on "heroic" within 30 days (last fight at M2, W1, D3), but only doing the Main Quest, which is to defeat Vorandalar.

I played this with HoF V2.1

If i would play this Map a second time to optimize, i think I could manage this a little faster, but before doing so, i must know the finally rules about this contest.

At least, to answer the Question, whether the loader is able to win the last save battle? On my save the fight is won by Quickcombat, and so it should be in every Last Fight - Save

g..

Chan_DW

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 26 Mar 2007, 21:43

@JJ

I think this is a great map for a contest like this as it allows for learning/replaying to get a better score. Nothing wrong with that. Also, with the portals all you need to do is select on the map where you want to go and the game automatically calculates the quickest portal route to get there. Took me a few turns to figure that one out too :)

As for the scoring thing, we're working on it. I don't think any solution involving save games works because there's no guarantee that the screenshot of a score sent in corresponds to the save game. And, like people said, often the final battle is the toughest one so submitting a save of the turn before you win doens't work either imo (I for one have won final battles which the quick combat lost).

I think my preferred option is still to just have everyone submit their final score and state the difficulty they played it on. It has to be an honesty system but people seem to have been honest so far. I'll work out something to compare lower and higher difficulty scores.

Finally, as for the xpack thing, just play the game on the latest version of the game version you have. If that means HoF players get an advantage then so be it - there's nothing I can do.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 27 Mar 2007, 05:03

But how are the scores compared when the difficulty is different? And is the only decisive thing the time needed to get the finish screen, no matter secondary quests and so on?

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 27 Mar 2007, 09:09

Have not played H5 for months and a bit confused now. In 1.2 the score was calculated for every SP map, no matter whether made by nival or someone else. The equation was a function of map size, time and difficulty level. Has the hall of fame been changed since then to a more limited version?

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 27 Mar 2007, 12:11

Jolly Joker wrote:But how are the scores compared when the difficulty is different?
Like I said, I'm working on it.
And is the only decisive thing the time needed to get the finish screen, no matter secondary quests and so on?
Yes, unfortunately. The scoring system is no where near as sophisticated as H4 was so we have to make to with what we have.

Onkel B
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Onkel B » 31 Mar 2007, 22:16

so wahat about the scores now?

bo_nk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bo_nk » 02 Apr 2007, 11:05

sorry for the stupid comment, but when i by mistake started the map in hof, it turned out that there is an underground also. how can this be? ;-|

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 04 Apr 2007, 09:25

There is a small underground on the map, it's part of the scripted story. I have put an update on the front page about the score, i'll update here soon.

bo_nk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bo_nk » 12 Apr 2007, 21:26

one more stupid question: when i fight Vorandalar, each time i kill a whole stack of fire or water elementals, the game crashes. is this known bug/problem, or it happens only to me?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 13 Apr 2007, 13:19

Did you update your game to 1.41? That reminds me of the gating/phantom force bug.

Onkel B
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Onkel B » 15 Apr 2007, 09:34

but the phönix-bug still works. and it make a lot of frustration...

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 15 Apr 2007, 17:24

How do you know if someone uses the tweaking utility and set the A.I time to 0 or the smallest possible working number? Will that affect things?

Onkel B
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Onkel B » 15 Apr 2007, 19:03

i fear this utility is part of the game. sometimes the "A.I." acted clever like a toast...

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 17 Apr 2007, 03:54

Thankyou to all the participants who pointed out errors and omissions in the score table, the above table has been corrected. I will do a full update of this page with the new rules, overall score and new map tonight when I get some time.

Onkel B
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Onkel B » 30 Apr 2007, 10:11

I´M confused once again. Lanky is the Winner of Round One? At this time i thinked Khan is the Winner. In the Ranking above it is so...

Return to “Articles”